Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adriaticon
03.31.2013 , 12:24 AM | #4741
signed
Kimba-lee Tk/Seer Sage Lvl 55
Welfare Officer of the Mud Dogs MDN

avimeso
03.31.2013 , 01:04 AM | #4742
well i just noticed something interesting.
its sunday night 1 oceanic server is heavy (Gav Daragon)
all other servers are standard or light.
So I ask the question is it too costly to run a single oceanic server? I think one combined oceanic server should be given a go for 6months.
And please add server transfers to the cartel market.

WizardsDestiny
03.31.2013 , 01:28 AM | #4743
Quote: Originally Posted by chriscshunter View Post
Looking forward to welcoming new players to our server.
It's players like you I look forward to seeing! I look forward to meeting you on the server when- if- it happens!
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

DamagingRogue
03.31.2013 , 02:45 AM | #4744
/signed

Also would appreciate if Elysiah and jackdaley would post their toon names and servers. I'm going to add them to forum ignore list but first would like to ignore them in game too. If I wanted to play with trolls I'd go back to WoW.

S-leonhart
03.31.2013 , 03:48 AM | #4745
So some friends and i have a couple of questions regarding these mergers and transfers, as do a lot of the people in this thread it seems, so i thought i might try and consolidate some major ones into a single post in hopes that they can be replied to all in one go.

1. Will we be able to keep our legacy name and level?
2. Will we be able to keep our guild name and vault?
3. Will there be a way to transfer an entire guild at once during the 'select your server' phase?
4. Will you make some form of exception for names having to change? such as longer played time gets preference, or subscriber names get preference over F2P names?
5. If we have additional character slots unlocked on our APAC servers, will that unlock carry across during the merge? some of us have 16-20 characters.
6. Will the transfer cause downtime in character or account availability? If so, how long could we expect?
7. Why do kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

ChuangTzu
03.31.2013 , 03:52 AM | #4746
Quote: Originally Posted by S-leonhart View Post
So some friends and i have a couple of questions regarding these mergers and transfers, as do a lot of the people in this thread it seems, so i thought i might try and consolidate some major ones into a single post in hopes that they can be replied to all in one go.

3. Will there be a way to transfer an entire guild at once during the 'select your server' phase?
4. Will you make some form of exception for names having to change? such as longer played time gets preference, or subscriber names get preference over F2P names?
5. If we have additional character slots unlocked on our APAC servers, will that unlock carry across during the merge? some of us have 16-20 characters.
6. Will the transfer cause downtime in character or account availability? If so, how long could we expect?
There are no answers on those yet, that I'm aware of.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

WizardsDestiny
03.31.2013 , 03:55 AM | #4747

All these questions, particularly the answers to the Guild questions as a Guildmaster. And names are very important to me I build an existence of character which adds to the feel of the game.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

S-leonhart
03.31.2013 , 04:00 AM | #4748
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
There are no answers on those yet, that I'm aware of.
Aye, kinda guessed so. Perhaps Eric could use it as an idea of the kind of 'civilised' questions we are asking though, and answer them sometime in the future.

darthnish
03.31.2013 , 05:06 AM | #4749

1) yes
2)no idea
3)no idea
4)No idea(cool idea though, esp with so many inactive accounts)
5)yes but you wont be able to create any more till you delete some to meet per server char limit of 12
6)No idea
7) CAUSE ITS *********** CINNAMON.

Claprica
03.31.2013 , 05:09 AM | #4750
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Semantics strawman on your part. Lots of companies do not actually own their sever farms (regardless of size) because they lease them from companies that specialize in providing server virtualization for to other companies.

The relative cost to a company on a cash flow basis is about the same, but they benefit in the long run (due to tax law and financial compliance and reporting) because they do not need to capitalize the servers and depreciate them.
Lol the 'strawman argument' rears its ugly head.
I swear ever wannabe intellect comes up with this argument at some stage.

It would depend on what type of lease they have set up - operating or finance.
But what was your point again?
Azealiab - Shadow || Glasskannon - Sage || Tatonkabill - Sentinel Master Dar'Nala Server