Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nommaz
03.29.2013 , 04:12 AM | #4661
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
Merging the servers will not solve the population problem.

As an example, it is 7pm in Eastern Australia right now so the start of peak time and about when I usually log in. I went to each of the 3 APAC servers and did a head count on the republic side.

The results are as follows.

Dalborra
Vanguard = 48
Commando = 62
Gunslinger = 47
Scoundrel = 27
Sage = 74
Shadow = 79
Guardian = 73
Sentinel = 100

Master Dar'nala
Vanguard = 12
Commando = 17
Gunslinger = 15
Scoundrel = 12
Sage = 22
Shadow = 20
Guardian = 23
Sentinel = 29

Grav Garagon
Vanguard = 17
Commando = 20
Gunslinger = 20
Scoundrel = 14
Sage = 29
Shadow = 24
Guardian = 28
Sentinel = 52

So all up around 900 people playing across all 3 servers.

Now I went back to my US server (The Harbinger) and did the same count. The results are below.

The Harbinger

Vanguard = 100+
Commando = 100+
Gunslinger = 100+
Scoundrel = 100+
Sage = 100+
Shadow = 100+
Guardian = 100+
Sentinel = 100+

So there are more people playing on The Harbinger right now than there are on all the APAC servers combined.

It is time to face up to the fact that not enough people are playing on these servers to make it viable to keep them open.

I see 900 for a single server plus the ones that would come back verses 800+
Or did I miss something?

Nommaz
03.29.2013 , 04:19 AM | #4662
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
So by informing somebody that PVP isnt the only thing to do in an MMO makes me a troll?

Is it like a new trend or something..When somebody disagrees with someone it makes them a troll?

Uhhh what is life?
Its not that you disagree, its that you disagree, and, type it in a way as to be a smartarse about it.
for those that only like to PvP it is the only thing to do, same said about those that only PvE, playing both with a lag such as the 340plus I got on the NA servers does cause issue's regardless of what you may think, myself and those others posting have mostly had the experience, and are being forced to go backwards.

DaftVaduhhh
03.29.2013 , 04:19 AM | #4663
You're leaving out the part where he doesn't even identify the average level of those players, as well as the number of them that are F2P. Most people will ultimately be concerned with end-game PvE & PvP as a subscriber.
Daftvaduhh - 55 Shadow - GM of <Beyond Redemption> (The Harbinger)
La-femme - 55 Sage, Woklobster - 55 Guardian, Opfreely - 55 Sentinel
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger

ChuangTzu
03.29.2013 , 04:50 AM | #4664
ahahaha you can't be serious can you?

The server merges/ char transfers are talked about nearly every hour on both dalborra fleets..and the majority are all for it.

the only people having a cry about it are the forum lurkers/posters like yourself

And no 600+ is nothing in the eyes of EAWARE you would need like 10,000 sigs for them to even take a glance. So GLHF trying to get anywhere with it.

If you dont like the solution...don't play the game
Haha, it must really bug you that we have that many ppl willing to fight to keep our servers when ur not. Otherwise why would you keep posting here?
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ChuangTzu
03.29.2013 , 04:53 AM | #4665
So have I, if you look back at my posts but people sadly flamed me and called me a troll, same with Elysiah, So in return I flamed them back!

What is wrong with that?
The fact that is all you do! You do not take part in any other discussions on these forums.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

AmikVarze
03.29.2013 , 06:41 AM | #4666
Really if you're against the merges and you want to post on the forums either block me or don't post at all because I wont stand to have you affect the population of our new US servers with your illogical propaganda and lies!
let me start by saying i find this part quite interesting when further on you being to preach that the majority of Dalborra players are for the merge. which is completely untrue 1 out of probably all the players are for it. so i really don't know where your getting your facts from, and are even on the right servers?

also as much as i want the singular merge to happen im starting to be more realistic in the sense that nothing we do will change EA/Bio's stand on the issue. they have acted on mi-informed information from a poll that probably only about 60 percent of the player base actually knew about. there are many more other reasons why it was the wrong choice, but personally i think they have really dropped the ball on this issue, and still am hoping they will read more from the APAC players and perhaps decide to do what is logically and player-supportingly right.

regards,
another player who perhaps has wasted 10 minutes of their life trying to express their opinion to Bioware / EA
Ghostdrop
<Four of Five> <YES> <The Pants Party>
Dread Master | Gate Crasher | Dragon Slayer | From Beyond | 5/5 HM Ravagers | 4/5 HM Temple

LadyKohastFel
03.29.2013 , 07:26 AM | #4667
Newsflash!!

PVP isnt the only thing to do in an MMO!!

Holy **** is your mind blown?!?
Yep but a reasonable portion of players participate in PvP from time to time and if they are no longer able to do that effectively they will be pretty annoyed and not everyone has the money or the inclination to set up a tunneling service so that they can compete on a level playing field.
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.

darthnish
03.29.2013 , 07:32 AM | #4668
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKohastFel View Post
Yep but a reasonable portion of players participate in PvP from time to time and if they are no longer able to do that effectively they will be pretty annoyed and not everyone has the money or the inclination to set up a tunneling service so that they can compete on a level playing field.
I only pVp since the game came out in december of 2011, i have very little issues with the merge because i can easily adapt to higher pings as i have been doing for years, since im not an an american resident and enjoy video games.

DiamondDove
03.29.2013 , 07:41 AM | #4669
Quote: Originally Posted by PseudoScience View Post
A few of people are for it but they are definitely the minority most of the large guilds and hordes of players want an APAC super server.....
That is my experience as well.

However, the community and Bioware/EA really need to know what the customers (us) really want. If those of us who do not support a move onto NA servers just keep stating that the majority of people on the Dalborra chat prefer a merged APAC server or keep quoting a few examples of the technical issues in this thread, we are not really adding any hard evidence. Those who have the contrary view (or are just mischievous) can assert their case with equal strength. This is because there is no hard evidence.

After all, the suggestion of merging APAC servers with NA ones came from qualitative evidence in the first place; the discussion from the two lower population servers (rightly) asking for better populations. There was silence from Dalborra as those of us playing there had no concerns over the population - why would we read a thread about low server populations when it was not an issue for us?

If Bioware/EA would collect some hard quantitative evidence of what the APAC community is willing to accept, we would all be much better off. A poll of the APAC community would provide much better evidence for corporate decision making and allow the community to contribute to our own destiny. It might even help restore some good will towards Bioware/EA.

Bioware/EA, if you are up to the challenge, I suggest you give us the opportunity to vote on a range of viable options including:
consolidate all players onto an APAC super-server within the Asia-Pacific region
consolidate all players onto an APAC super-server located at Bioware/EAs discretion
merge the APAC servers to NA servers at Bioware/EAs discretion
re-locate (merge) the APAC players to servers of their own choosing.

I have excluded the option of keeping the three APAC servers, as this does not seem to have the support of Bioware/EA or the players on Master Dar'Nala or Gav Daragon.

So Bioware/EA - how about it? Here is an opportunity to base this business decision on some quantitative evidence of a specific market, and possibly regain some goodwill with a (until recently) loyal customer base.

In the meantime, I hope that the APAC community will continue to make sensible and constructive contributions to the issue on this thread.

Glorthox
03.29.2013 , 08:13 AM | #4670
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.

Good to know your paying attention to this. But other servers in the US might need an overhaul sometime in the future. So much lag still exists in major cities, fleet, and daily areas because of overpopulation. You guys at EAware might want to address this before releasing an expansion that is going to have 10 times the lag we are having now.