Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wordless
03.28.2013 , 11:20 PM | #4621
People need to stop comparing swtor to wow, I have played wow at 400-600ms and it was more playable then tor at 200-300ms. Tor is better looking and requires a lot more resources to run well and the graphic lag is a problem.

The main problems for myself is more about losing my characters and community and lag only comes in when comparing apac players to American. Let us keep a server dedicated to apac area but that does not mean it has to be hosted here, if its Australians and the like playing with each other, we all get the lag and its fair game rather than us having 300ms playing against an American with 55ms Max all the time. It worked for wow and because it won't be hosted in a us, bioware need not spend extra cash AND we can keep our community.

Just a thought

hestah
03.28.2013 , 11:39 PM | #4622
i love my server have never had a problem with finding ppl to do things with would rather have the population we have now on the PVE and keep my ping then play on american servers which i already had done before apac servers came around

soneil
03.28.2013 , 11:49 PM | #4623
Quote: Originally Posted by DuckimusPrime View Post
Really? More evidence that they should've consolidated the APAC servers way back when they did it for everyone else. More vibrant, single APAC server back then, could've drawn back more Australian players and may have even resulted in more APAC players rolling on it when they signed up for F2P.
I agree that they should have merged APAC servers at the time they merged all the US servers. Would have been farm morelikely to ve a viable option then. I think that window's been missed now though. Far too many players have unsubbed because they were sick of waiting. That might not be so apparent on dalborra but the combined population of all three servers is far lower than it would have been if they'd done it 6 months ago when they did the US ones.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

SgtKatharn
03.29.2013 , 12:32 AM | #4624
Quote: Originally Posted by soneil View Post
I agree that they should have merged APAC servers at the time they merged all the US servers. Would have been farm morelikely to ve a viable option then. I think that window's been missed now though. Far too many players have unsubbed because they were sick of waiting. That might not be so apparent on dalborra but the combined population of all three servers is far lower than it would have been if they'd done it 6 months ago when they did the US ones.
Most of them would probably come back if they merged the servers as most said that in their post in this thread where as merging with the NA servers just garantes that they wont come back
Four One Nine
Empire Squadron 419 Guild
Moving to The Harbinger if closures go a head Sign the Petition

ChuangTzu
03.29.2013 , 12:47 AM | #4625
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtKatharn View Post
Most of them would probably come back if they merged the servers as most said that in their post in this thread where as merging with the NA servers just garantes that they wont come back
So many would come back if they merged servers.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

PseudoScience
03.29.2013 , 01:26 AM | #4626
I'd like to thank all the players for their support on this issue, especially those that are not affected by this decision, but they see the injustice and are willing to help.

Thanks from APAC!
APAC

DotAPro
03.29.2013 , 01:29 AM | #4627
Combine the 3 Aussie Servers for the Super Server of Brilliance!!!
DO NOT COMBINE WITH 250 PING SERVERS!

ChuangTzu
03.29.2013 , 01:29 AM | #4628
The petition is now upto 682, come on we can get upto 700 by the end of the day.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

PurpleCliff
03.29.2013 , 01:52 AM | #4629
I'm shocked. I'd actually prefer nothing changes than the option BioWare chose.

The Australian region in particular have had terrible treatment in the course of this game. We had to import if we wanted to play in the first few months after launch. We were blocked from buying on Origin. Getting local servers was a massive redeeming factor, someone which was hugely appreciated - even though BioWare failed to advertise the game in our country (barely any of my Star Wars loving friends have even heard of the game). But now it seems we'll lose these servers, and along with them we'll likely lose our identity again.

Very sad. I thought SWTOR was in a time of going up, not down...
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

keitzy
03.29.2013 , 01:55 AM | #4630
I would gladly resub and spend my usual $100 a month on Cartel Coins if the three servers were merged into a Super APAC server.
ATM I stay unsubbed and uninstalled.
I can't even play WOW atm due to being devastated by this announcement regarding APAC servers.
It's great to see nearly 700 people signed the petition.