Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darthnish
03.28.2013 , 09:42 AM | #4561
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
You said you had enough of this silly thread yet you are still here posting.

Oh and by the way, you can have a high IQ, be educated, and still be a moron with no common sense...
i said i had enough of the silly petition posts, im sure in your dictionary common sense involves calling anyone that disagrees with you a homosexual.

Aebrynis
03.28.2013 , 09:52 AM | #4562
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysiah View Post
Even if they are unsubbing im sure EA/bioware expected it. And that they have gone ahead with the merge it shows they arent worried to lose a few subs.
This wouldnt have been an overnight decision-alot of discussion would of went into this by the devs.
This, unfortunately, is the way it is. 'Not an overnight decision' is the understatement of the century, by the way - I firmly believe this decision was made five or six months ago, and that EAWare has been milking the purchase of Cartel Coins (and subscriptions) out of us like shackled cows since then. The slow trickle of subscriptions was the price they were willing to pay, as they knew it would turn into an avalanche once the announcement was made.

While I certainly agree with those who would prefer an APAC server merger, I also realize that it won't happen. Evidence? Take a look at how they handled the mergers of the EU and NA servers. Clumsy, arbitrary, no appeals, and absolutely no deviating from their plan. There was no grace or elegance in how they did anything, and they weathered the sh*tstorm and took their lumps. Multiple threads on server choice, naming conventions (and their bizarre, arcane formulas that they used to determine who got to keep their names), the genesis of the 'paid transfer' issue (only recently given any sort of real answer...if you trust their word), and so on...most unresolved, and some still a sore topic even today.

Sure, I signed the petition. What the heck, can't do any real harm. But I realize it's like signing a petition to disband the Department of Finance, fire the Finance Minister, and never pay taxes again. It's a bump in the road that won't even slow them down. They're used to walking out into the storm (they'd have to be, considering their ranking among game companies), and all the lightning we throw won't even make them blink.

And dumping on Eric for this does no good. Sure, he could try to avoid insulting our intelligence when he makes his posts, I'd certainly appreciate that, but the decision wasn't his. This is a replay of not only the earlier merges, but a similar situation many moons ago with $OE, where the new community rep got dropped into the middle of an online forum minefield. It wasn't the rep's fault then, and it isn't Eric's fault now. As long as he stops treating us like idiots who have no idea what's going on, that's all we can reasonably demand.

We'll see what happens, but I firmly believe that 'what' will be NA server merges. No appeals, no choices, no changes in the Grand Plan, no deviating from the Party Line. I'd say that I'll be talking to all my fellow transferees on Harbinger (and maybe Begeren Colony), but I'll have General Chat disabled, so I won't have to listen to the whoops and howls of the native wildlife.

Nommaz
03.28.2013 , 09:53 AM | #4563
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
i said i had enough of the silly petition posts, im sure in your dictionary common sense involves calling anyone that disagrees with you a homosexual.
Please feel free to show me where I did that?

Tarn_Sirun
03.28.2013 , 09:54 AM | #4564
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

I am no longer amused, this is twice there has been transfers due to APAC and ZERO TIMES for anyone else. YOU BETTER LET EVERYONE HAVE THE ABILITY TO FREE TRANSFER BEFORE YOU START CHARGING US FOR IT!

sootley
03.28.2013 , 09:59 AM | #4565
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarn_Sirun View Post
I am no longer amused, this is twice there has been transfers due to APAC and ZERO TIMES for anyone else. YOU BETTER LET EVERYONE HAVE THE ABILITY TO FREE TRANSFER BEFORE YOU START CHARGING US FOR IT!
see this is what happens when they don't give a proper announcement, instant hate. i bet this guy only just found out about the server merge, and now he has to get the rest of the information from us
not a troll

lobsang
03.28.2013 , 09:59 AM | #4566
while ur at it, can we get free faction rerolls too pls

i swapped from sith to jedi when i rerolled on harbringer a few months back thinkin id never have my apac sith chars on the same accnt

would love to have them be able to all be on the same faction.
thx!

Tarn_Sirun
03.28.2013 , 10:24 AM | #4567
Quote: Originally Posted by sootley View Post
see this is what happens when they don't give a proper announcement, instant hate. i bet this guy only just found out about the server merge, and now he has to get the rest of the information from us
no, I dont read the forums unless i see something i want to answer on the dev tracker. the rest of you people are insignificant.

PseudoScience
03.28.2013 , 10:27 AM | #4568
More communication during this transition would be ideal for those who are staying Bioware. I won't be one of them, if this goes ahead, but those left behind deserve better channels of communication and more information regarding name changes.
APAC

Jonoku
03.28.2013 , 01:13 PM | #4569
Bioware: You guys are going to have bad ping for playing on NA severs? Move to the US and fix that solution.

That's basically their response so far.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

RaymondThomas
03.28.2013 , 01:30 PM | #4570
Thanks for the heads up BW. My concerns with this merger are the reasons why I moved from The Harbinger in the first place....PVP and Flashpoints were nearly impossible due to latency. I live in New Zealand and have accepted that the internet here is not on par with USA or Aus. However, having a server located "near" has greatly increased the quality of play.

Since this merger is going to happen, perhaps BW could sweeten the deal...
  • Allowing us to keep our Character's names (I'm very attached to the names of my level 50's)
  • Allowing us to keep our Legacy names (I'm also very attached to my Legacy name)
  • A generous gift of Cartel Coins and/or Credits
  • A speical speeder or pet that will only be available to those who have been transfered

Yes, I can be bribed
BluRay 50 Agent Marksman