Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
03.27.2013 , 09:57 PM | #4411
Quote: Originally Posted by SpannersSF View Post
Still posting to hear your own voice I see, why don't you truncate your next post out of existence.
oh let me introduce you to logic,

Since you just replied to my post to tell me that i was listening to my own voice, proved that you read and acknowledged my post, which nullifies your statement about me listening to my own voice.

Yubided's Avatar


Yubided
03.27.2013 , 10:01 PM | #4412
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysiah View Post
He's a troll because he see's the reality of it all? Yeah real mature. Just because you're angry doesn't mean you need to flame people who have an adverse opinion to you and call them a 'troll'
What reality? The APAC servers are still working. The only thing that is certain is that we know eaware's intended course of action.

Some people are trying to change that course of action. You, Jack and a few others don't like this. Great - you've put your opinion up. It's been noted and a lot of people seem to disagree with you. Deal with it. Repeating the same lines and ad hominem attacks every time another person steps up and disagrees with you doesn't make your point of view any more valid nor does it alter the ratio of people agreeing or disagreeing with you. It just makes you appear bigoted.

Hence the troll calls. You appear to have nothing else of substance to offer the argument yet you continue to attack alternate points of view. If you aren't doing it to further the discussion, then it is fair to assume you are doing it for your own gratification. That said, there are people guilty of the same sin on the opposing side. However, they post once or twice and then leave or go on to another point of the discussion.

If you're happy with the change - good. If you're not happy with the change but still want to play - good. If you're not happy with the changes and want to organise petitions / in-game protests because it might change eaware's mind (or just helps you deal with the proposed change) - good. At the end of the day, every player will make up their own mind regarding the APAC merge.

For me, I'll be leaving the game if things stay as they are. If I wanted to play on US servers, I would have rolled on one. For me, I find that the US latencies (300+ ms) make the game much harder to play. I find that if I chain a series of abilities in anything over 150+ ms, abilities don't activate at all, particularly instant cast abilities than can be used after a proc (eg. PPA railshot). Now, I don't know if this is purely a latency issue or some in-game bug that eaware hasn't gotten around to fixing BUT I do know that it is far more prevalent at higher latencies. I'm not an expert in computer game coding or computer hardware so I can't point to the exact problem with any degree of reliability or authority. However, I shouldn't need a Degree in Software Engineering to play an MMO either.

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
03.27.2013 , 10:04 PM | #4413
Quote: Originally Posted by Yubided View Post
What reality? The APAC servers are still working. The only thing that is certain is that we know eaware's intended course of action.

Some people are trying to change that course of action. You, Davey and a few others don't like this. Great - you've put your opinion up. It's been noted and a lot of people seem to disagree with you. Deal with it. Repeating the same lines and ad hominem attacks every time another person steps up and disagrees with you doesn't make your point of view any more valid nor does it alter the ratio of people agreeing or disagreeing with you. It just makes you appear bigoted.

Hence the troll calls. You appear to have nothing else of substance to offer the argument yet you continue to attack alternate points of view. If you aren't doing it to further the discussion, then it is fair to assume you are doing it for your own gratification. That said, there are people guilty of the same sin on the opposing side. However, they post once or twice and then leave or go on to another point of the discussion.

If you're happy with the change - good. If you're not happy with the change but still want to play - good. If you're not happy with the changes and want to organise petitions / in-game protests because it might change eaware's mind (or just helps you deal with the proposed change) - good. At the end of the day, every player will make up their own mind regarding the APAC merge.

For me, I'll be leaving the game if things stay as they are. If I wanted to play on US servers, I would have rolled on one. For me, I find that the US latencies (300+ ms) make the game much harder to play. I find that if I chain a series of abilities in anything over 150+ ms, abilities don't activate at all, particularly instant cast abilities than can be used after a proc (eg. PPA railshot). Now, I don't know if this is purely a latency issue or some in-game bug that eaware hasn't gotten around to fixing BUT I do know that it is far more prevalent at higher latencies. I'm not an expert in computer game coding or computer hardware so I can't point to the exact problem with any degree of reliability or authority. However, I shouldn't need a Degree in Software Engineering to play an MMO either.
you know if the servers actually had people to play with i woudnt be on the forums arguing with a bunch of strangers to help me deal with my boredom, And if you think we;re repetitive with our lines, have you seen the last 100 posts? i can guarantee that half of them are "/signed" pls, dont act like we keep repeating the same thing, you guys do it too!

DarthVasper's Avatar


DarthVasper
03.27.2013 , 10:28 PM | #4414
With the increase latency (because of internet backbone problem) to APAC server since 5months ago, I never wanna go back to darnalla. The decision to open APAC servers in aussie itself should be questioned. Everyone knows that the internet hub in Asia Pacific is in Singapore, why did they choose AU to host APAC servers. Most asian countries dont have good connection to aussie, hence they went to US servers. I believe one of the problem of the low population because of lack of asian players playing in apac servers. Many aussies were so proud with their so called australian server, they said they dont need asian gamers here. Exactly one year after apac server opened, Bioware close the servers. Ironic!

WizardsDestiny's Avatar


WizardsDestiny
03.27.2013 , 10:35 PM | #4415
I recieved a Customer Service reply from Bioware which apologises for this because they understand 'some people may not be happy.'

I admit I'm impressed with them to go as far as an apology with their track rate, but it really isn't enough. They were still dead-set convinced they were doing the right thing and weren't about to be persuaded. I don't think we'll have a choice, but they're blinding themselves to the amount of players they're losing.

Twenty four members of my guild I know have quit, and that's just my guild. Others have also, I'm well aware, and a far greater number. Not all of us cared about populations, around half of us did if not a bit more; but they choose to move all of us to servers when we didn't ask to be treated this way and get increased lag as a result.

(Before someone comes along and suggests that we won't get increased lag, Bioware actually acknowledges it in the email they sent me as fact and that latency will change for 'performance degration.' They think, 'With higher populations and a server type that suits each individual player, we hope that any performance degradation will be mitigated by an improvement in the overall play experience."

In other words, they don't really care.)
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Yubided's Avatar


Yubided
03.27.2013 , 10:37 PM | #4416
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
you know if the servers actually had people to play with i woudnt be on the forums arguing with a bunch of strangers to help me deal with my boredom, And if you think we;re repetitive with our lines, have you seen the last 100 posts? i can guarantee that half of them are "/signed" pls, dont act like we keep repeating the same thing, you guys do it too!
Well I did write that both sides were guilty of the same sin.

As I understand it "/signed" is nerdspeak for "I agree with you", which infers that it's not the same person posting "/signed" over and over and over so your counter point doesn't hold much water there Snivy and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Also, your point about spending time arguing with people out of boredom is in line with my point about self gratification. I see nothing of additional substance in your response. You've already established that you didn't like the low population environment in previous posts and that you're happy with the proposed solution (many times).

So... why bother with your response to my post? Do you really find the game that boring that you'd prefer to waste your time repeating yourself on these forums about a potential outcome that you find satisfactory? Does that mean you aren't happy with the game? Also, you have the option to be playing on the higher population US servers right now. You could be sating that thirst for PVP on a high population server right now... and yet you are wasting your time and energy here. Why?

Elysiah's Avatar


Elysiah
03.27.2013 , 10:41 PM | #4417
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
you know if the servers actually had people to play with i woudnt be on the forums arguing with a bunch of strangers to help me deal with my boredom, And if you think we;re repetitive with our lines, have you seen the last 100 posts? i can guarantee that half of them are "/signed" pls, dont act like we keep repeating the same thing, you guys do it too!
Haha thank you darthnish.

They do it even more so. It's seems as if you don't jump on the apac server merge you're seen as a "scumbag" or "troll"
If I'm correct the start of this thread was about apac population problems? I see the solution bioware has given us as a good thing and I have abuse hurled at me. I say I don't think a petition is the way to do things and people call me American or retarded. Don't even try to respond to defend yourself that's trolling as well apparently

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
03.27.2013 , 10:44 PM | #4418
Quote: Originally Posted by Yubided View Post
Well I did write that both sides were guilty of the same sin.

As I understand it "/signed" is nerdspeak is another way of saying "I agree with you", which infers that it's not the same person posting "/signed" over and over and over so your counter point doesn't hold much water there Snivy and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Also, your point about spending time arguing with people out of boredom is in line with my point about self gratification. I see nothing of additional substance in your response. You've already established that you didn't like the low population environment in previous posts and that you're happy with the proposed solution (many times).

So... why bother with your response to my post? Do you really find the game that boring that you'd prefer to waste your time repeating yourself on these forums about a potential outcome that you find satisfactory? Does that mean you aren't happy with the game? Also, you have the option to be playing on the higher population US servers right now. You could be sating that thirst for PVP on a high population server right now... and yet you are wasting your time and energy here. Why?
Mate , i cbf re rolling i tried, got pissed cause i didnt have my legacy benefits to speed up the process and stopped, HOWEVER if you would be so kind as to lvl a scoundrel/merc/vangaurd/marauder and guardian and deck them out in WH gear on a US server for me, i will gladly stop posting on the forums and never feel the need to come here ever again.

Also as to why i post , for 2 reasons:

1) To point out Bioware did in fact fix the issue this thread was made for(i.e. Low APAC pops) not in the best way for some people but they did fix it.
2)Aussies claiming that they;re qutting cause of ping is crack up, mainly due to the fact that they play almost very other mmo with a ping handicap, im sure by now aussie gamers all have a 300ms faster reaction speed than the rest of the world.

Elysiah's Avatar


Elysiah
03.27.2013 , 10:45 PM | #4419
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
I recieved a Customer Service reply from Bioware which apologises for this because they understand 'some people may not be happy.'

I admit I'm impressed with them to go as far as an apology with their track rate, but it really isn't enough. They were still dead-set convinced they were doing the right thing and weren't about to be persuaded. I don't think we'll have a choice, but they're blinding themselves to the amount of players they're losing.

Twenty four members of my guild I know have quit, and that's just my guild. Others have also, I'm well aware, and a far greater number. Not all of us cared about populations, around half of us did if not a bit more; but they choose to move all of us to servers when we didn't ask to be treated this way and get increased lag as a result.

(Before someone comes along and suggests that we won't get increased lag, Bioware actually acknowledges it in the email they sent me as fact and that latency will change for 'performance degration.' They think, 'With higher populations and a server type that suits each individual player, we hope that any performance degradation will be mitigated by an improvement in the overall play experience."

In other words, they don't really care.)
Hi, just wondering if you could take a screencap of the email and post it here ?

Claprica's Avatar


Claprica
03.27.2013 , 10:58 PM | #4420
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysiah View Post
Haha thank you darthnish.

They do it even more so. It's seems as if you don't jump on the apac server merge you're seen as a "scumbag" or "troll"
If I'm correct the start of this thread was about apac population problems? I see the solution bioware has given us as a good thing and I have abuse hurled at me. I say I don't think a petition is the way to do things and people call me American or retarded. Don't even try to respond to defend yourself that's trolling as well apparently
If that's what you actually did that would be fine.
But you took it a step too far by saying deal with it and laughing at the majority that don't wont this course of action.
People tend to think of this as douchey behaviour and have called you out on it.

You make you own bed, you get to sleep in it.
Azealiab - Shadow || Glasskannon - Sage || Tatonkabill - Sentinel Master Dar'Nala Server