Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iheartnyc
03.27.2013 , 08:45 PM | #4391
Quote: Originally Posted by river_of_Gem View Post
It was already proved wrong in the case of Bastion vs MD. Can somebody do the comparison of Harbinger offpeak time vs Dalbora peak ?
No it wasn't.

Elysiah
03.27.2013 , 08:46 PM | #4392
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

Wooo thanks Eric that makes things even better

iheartnyc
03.27.2013 , 08:48 PM | #4393
Quote: Originally Posted by DonkeyPlough View Post
No you're right, we should all just roll over and let 'the man' get away with whatever he wants. Wouldn't the world be a great place if it were full of people like you, who are happy to be a doormat and be walked all over...
Lol what.

In a free market, which we all live in, we can choose not to use services of "the man" and not be a doormat....

river_of_Gem
03.27.2013 , 08:50 PM | #4394
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
No it wasn't.
I think it was, for off-peak time. IMO it's valid concern that APAC server will lost a lot of people over this merge and the player in destination server ( again, in off-peak time ) is not big enough to overcome the loss, so some comparison is nice imo ( read : at off peak time )

Lol what.

In a free market, which we all live in, we can choose not to use services of "the man" and not be a doormat....
I think a lot of people already choose not to use services of "the man" without your advice . However isn't it again your objective that make people stay ?

Elysiah
03.27.2013 , 08:51 PM | #4395
Quote: Originally Posted by PseudoScience View Post
Judging from the last post Eric left, they are still going ahead with merging the NA.
They aren't worried by a petition. (They've been voted worst company, like a petition would worry them)

Why don't you just enjoy the time you have left, or just leave already? Simple.

iheartnyc
03.27.2013 , 08:54 PM | #4396
Quote: Originally Posted by river_of_Gem View Post
I think it was, for off-peak time. IMO it's valid concern that APAC server will lost a lot of people over this merge and the player in destination server ( again, in off-peak time ) is not big enough to overcome the loss, so some comparison is nice imo ( read : at off peak time )

I think a lot of people already choose not to use services of "the man" without your advice . However isn't it again your objective that make people stay ?
Just getting really creeped out by how nasty people are being on the forums towards EA and to other posters. It's becoming quite dirty in here.

The "APAC merger" message would be a lot better received if the posts were:

1) Civil
2) More concise - nobody reads walls of texts
3) Not the same people repeating the same thing
4) More reasoning and less anecdotal "data" about populations which Bioware can easily contradict with their own metrics

The message is being lost in the hate and the spamming of new posts and threads about the same issue.

Some people have made great posts and great ideas about mergers/etc. Those good ideas have been drowned out by this vocal spamming of gibberish and poorly crafted arguments.

Elizeth
03.27.2013 , 08:59 PM | #4397
Does this announcement mean I can go from Gav Daragon to Harbinger?
'Disappointing' is not a valid criticism.

darthnish
03.27.2013 , 09:01 PM | #4398
Quote: Originally Posted by Elizeth View Post
Does this announcement mean I can go from Gav Daragon to Harbinger?
yes .

river_of_Gem
03.27.2013 , 09:03 PM | #4399
Just getting really creeped out by how nasty people are being on the forums towards EA. It's becoming quite dirty in here.
This is directed to my post how ? And it's not people being "nasty", EA was voted worst company in America for a reason.

The "APAC merger" message would be a lot better received if the posts were:

1) Civil - can you say all the youtube and troll post from Biodrone is civil ? and there are lot of civil post of people begging EA to change the decision in this thread.
2) More concise - nobody reads walls of texts - really ??
3) Not the same people repeating the same thing - All i can see from Biodrone is the same stuff over and over
4) More reasoning and less anecdotal "data" about populations which Bioware can easily contradict with their own metrics - i would love to see "metric" to backup Bioware argument
I am not at APAC server but i have to say, EA really screw APAC community over and over. They ignored them for a good 6 months and then force them to move again their will with big disadvantage over ping. Can you imagine how many guild/raid are falling apart ? and you say they don't have right to be angry ?

Some people have made great posts and great ideas about mergers/etc. Those good ideas have been drowned out by this vocal spamming of gibberish and poorly crafted arguments.
The majority of people idea is "dont force them to move again their will"

Scorpiooooo
03.27.2013 , 09:08 PM | #4400
Hi all - Don't forget to spread the word on our Consolidated Server Event.

For those who don't know, there is a thread on each Server Forum explaining:
Gav Daragon: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...36#post6064836
Dalborra: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...17#post6064817
Master Dar'Nala: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616223

Open Invitation for all APAC players to re-roll characters on Dalborra. On 7th April we will stream for 4 hours, showing what a Consolidated APAC Server would look like with population, community events etc.

Should be a great event, lots of fun things being planned. Please post in the server forums and spread the word in-game!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.