Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Infernixx
03.27.2013 , 06:00 PM | #4351
Quote: Originally Posted by zainmastron View Post
I came on to post exactly the same response Anicca.

After submitting a ticket asking for a refund on my pre-purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel, I received the same completely unsuitable response. Not only does the response not answer my actual question, but it tries to spin the merger in a positive way.

I'm so enraged that I am seriously considering unsubbing immediately. This enforces the fact that in no way is Bioware going to change their mind. I was going to take a wait and see approach, however now I see this is pointless and there is now no reason to continue playing.
Have you had many experiences with huge corporations changing their financial decisions based on minor petitions and online protests?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Andryah
03.27.2013 , 06:02 PM | #4352
Quote: Originally Posted by zainmastron View Post
I came on to post exactly the same response Anicca.

After submitting a ticket asking for a refund on my pre-purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel, I received the same completely unsuitable response. Not only does the response not answer my actual question, but it tries to spin the merger in a positive way.

I'm so enraged that I am seriously considering unsubbing immediately. This enforces the fact that in no way is Bioware going to change their mind. I was going to take a wait and see approach, however now I see this is pointless and there is now no reason to continue playing.
1) You need to call billing support for any refund. This was discussed earlier I believe, either here or in another thread.

2) You completely ignored/dismissed the additional comments/responses from the droid about the decision.

3) It's a prepared statement, and I'm sure the Customer Support person followed their flow chart as to which response to provide you (based on what they read in your submission).... even though they should have told you directly to contact billing support (assuming that your requests was succinct and clear that you wanted a refund).
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Eskymojo
03.27.2013 , 06:07 PM | #4353
What a terrible "solution"!! The answer is simple to me, especially if its a maintenance cost issue:

1. Merge PVE and PVP servers to help with population
2. Allow free transfers for those that want to move to NA or EU servers
3. Charge higher subs on APAC servers to support cost to maintain it (user pays)

if the current resolution persists, I will probably move my toons somewhere anyway, but expect I will unsub and just very occassionally play F2P, but for me the move will kill any endgame quality of life, so no point........will just do some limited levelling.

It was fun whilst it lasted BW. You set a high benchmark for us with local servers then taking them away becomesmuch more painful than ever having them

I want my money back on the expansion.

Yours sadly
Bantillian Drex

zainmastron
03.27.2013 , 06:08 PM | #4354
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
1) You need to call billing support for any refund. This was discussed earlier I believe, either here or in another thread.

2) You completely ignored/dismissed the additional comments/responses from the droid about the decision.

3) It's a prepared statement, and I'm sure the Customer Support person followed their flow chart as to which response to provide you (based on what they read in your submission).... even though they should have told you directly to contact billing support (assuming that your requests was succinct and clear that you wanted a refund).
Thank you for making this community a better place.
Do not fear moving forward slowly. Fear only to stand still

Icykill_
03.27.2013 , 06:08 PM | #4355
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
Well, that's just rude. He's as entitled to post his opinion as you are to post yours. Grow up.
My Apologies to Jack... he is entitled to his opinion... and yes I was rude out of frustration at him consistently shooting down our attempts to save the APAC community... once again Jack, sorry for being rude, but how about you call a truce between the people wanting to "try" anything to save the server... and let us see what we can do... we aren't asking you to participate in the Event or Sign the petition if you don't want to... but you would be more than welcome if you wanted to

APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

KEEP THE FAITH... SIGN THE PETITION FOR A COMBINED APAC SERVER
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

Icykill_
03.27.2013 , 06:12 PM | #4356
Quote: Originally Posted by Eskymojo View Post
What a terrible "solution"!! The answer is simple to me, especially if its a maintenance cost issue:

3. Charge higher subs on APAC servers to support cost to maintain it (user pays)
All you would need to really do here to increase your margin is charge us in our Local currency instead of US currency and you would make more money

APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

KEEP THE FAITH... SIGN THE PETITION FOR A COMBINED APAC SERVER
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

darthnish
03.27.2013 , 06:18 PM | #4357
i can see why the apac population is fighting so hard to keep their servers, for the first time ever they get to play on amazing ping, hardly any other mmos have done this, i get it , you dont want to go back to the ping you get from every other mmo, but sadly our population is terrible(please dont point me to the "calculated" pop, i play every day on dalborra and GD and i know its ****) Re merging to the US servers is not the best solution BUT regardless its a solution , so heres to bioware, cheers guys. Looking forward to the merge.

Stratasha
03.27.2013 , 06:33 PM | #4358
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
i can see why the apac population is fighting so hard to keep their servers, for the first time ever they get to play on amazing ping, hardly any other mmos have done this, i get it , you dont want to go back to the ping you get from every other mmo, but sadly our population is terrible(please dont point me to the "calculated" pop, i play every day on dalborra and GD and i know its ****) Re merging to the US servers is not the best solution BUT regardless its a solution , so heres to bioware, cheers guys. Looking forward to the merge.
I feel much the same. It'll be sad to see our servers go, I've really enjoyed the small community on Gav. It'll be nice to be on a bigger server though.
It's like one of those mechanical bulls, except it's not really a mechanical bull

Icykill_
03.27.2013 , 06:38 PM | #4359
Quote: Originally Posted by Stratasha View Post
I feel much the same. It'll be sad to see our servers go, I've really enjoyed the small community on Gav. It'll be nice to be on a bigger server though.
Come to Dalbora... we would love to have you and we have a large vibrant community

darthnish
03.27.2013 , 06:47 PM | #4360
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Come to Dalbora... we would love to have you and we have a large vibrant community
i play on dalborra and i know US pops blow us out of the water