Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jackdaley
03.27.2013 , 05:40 PM | #4341
Quote: Originally Posted by Macropodmum View Post
No apparently a couple of people were here on the forums whining about population, the rest of us were never even asked (and totally unaware some people felt there was a problem). It would be far better if they allowed transfer off and onto APAC servers for those who wanted to and consolidated the rest of us.

Personally I think we can do without attitudes like yours on our servers
Im not happy about it and agree with you that it would be better to transfer off to what ever server we wanted but they've made their decision and that's bottom line.

No amount of forum posting, petitions or server gatherings is going to change that

Afieri
03.27.2013 , 05:40 PM | #4342
So... a lot of people are worried about the latency, but what about the fact that The Harbinger seems to have issues every second week? If you look in Customer Service as of now, there are complaints about the chat service being laggy, along with RE and mail. We have all seen The Harbinger take a rollback or two, the APAC servers may not have the highest of populations but at least we have stability in our server. I don't know much about how these sorts of games work, but I can only assume adding more players to a server would increase the strain on that server. Not particularly sure if I want to wake up one morning to find that my server is the only one to have crashed and now I have to repeat the last 3 - 4 hours of gameplay.

If you could assure us that these server issues are literally the freakiest of freak occurrences then it would make a happier man.
Warstalker Elai'a

Land rights for gay whales.

Icykill_
03.27.2013 , 05:40 PM | #4343
Quote: Originally Posted by SupaHsuB View Post
Hear me out for a second eric.

1. Give free transfers to all on APAC.
2. Everyone from Darnala and Gav Daragon transfer over to Dalborra.
3. Merge the remaining data/players to dalborra after a few weeks.
4. Profit!!!

THIS IS WHAT WE ALL WANTED YOU TO DO. SIMPLE.
ERIC... PLEASE LISTEN
THIS IS WHAT 90% OF US WANT... IT'S SO SIMPLE... LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS

KEEP THE FAITH... SIGN THE PETITION FOR A COMBINED APAC SERVER
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

SeoYeonji
03.27.2013 , 05:43 PM | #4344
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

one of the main reason people play in APAC server is because of the ping. heck, the reason i played this game is because of that only. I would've gone playing TERA or GW2 if it weren't for the great ping. The reason why I'm still QQing is because this is the only game that still has APAC server and I dont want that to go, imma QQ til the end, dun care if it wont change anything
Unsubscribed 26-03-2013 in Protest to APAC server closure.
APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra -www.zer0ping.com

sabbey
03.27.2013 , 05:43 PM | #4345
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
I would still like to know whether we are going to get free character slots, I have 8 on harbringer already and 13 on Dal.

For me harbringer will be the better choice, but I'll be pissed if I am forced to delete characters as well.
I am wondering about that as well, this is the first game I have really went heavy with playing alts and have already bought the max amount of character slots already which won't be enough with the merge coming...

Jonoku
03.27.2013 , 05:44 PM | #4346
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

The merge last year in the summer didn't get their opportunity to consolidate their characters. Get this running now. Server Transfers now........I'm being as civilized as I can but nothing happening in that studio concerns me. Get a bigger team and get **** done faster. Look how fast you guys produced cartel market content but yet you guys don't do it that fast when it comes to issues like server transfers.

ChuangTzu
03.27.2013 , 05:49 PM | #4347
Lol, just had a look at Jack's posting history and it consists of 72 posts just trolling this thread and 1 or 2 other related threads!

He is a troll, pure and simple.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Macropodmum
03.27.2013 , 05:50 PM | #4348
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
Im not happy about it and agree with you that it would be better to transfer off to what ever server we wanted but they've made their decision and that's bottom line.

No amount of forum posting, petitions or server gatherings is going to change that
Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but quite frankly the rest of us are not ready to lie down and take it
Isbish ~ Light of the Empire Harbinger

Andryah
03.27.2013 , 05:51 PM | #4349
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post

Yeah, the negative upset protest block of the APAC community are fighting the wrong windmill right now.

They should be positioning for freedom to move to any server of their choice (EU/US) after the mass merger move and it actually sounds like Bioware is going to do that at least in the context of the US server farm. But some have said they want to transfer to EU... and that is the windmill you guys should be spearing after.

This protest gathering on one server to "show Bioware" does nothing except encourage them to tune you out.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

zainmastron
03.27.2013 , 05:59 PM | #4350
Quote: Originally Posted by anicca View Post
I don't think this has been posted yet, and I just received it. But this is the response I got via an in-game ticket requesting a refund for my pre-order of RotHC:
I came on to post exactly the same response Anicca.

After submitting a ticket asking for a refund on my pre-purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel, I received the same completely unsuitable response. Not only does the response not answer my actual question, but it tries to spin the merger in a positive way.

I'm so enraged that I am seriously considering unsubbing immediately. This enforces the fact that in no way is Bioware going to change their mind. I was going to take a wait and see approach, however now I see this is pointless and there is now no reason to continue playing.
Do not fear moving forward slowly. Fear only to stand still