Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

killer_kam
10.08.2012 , 06:12 AM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Well, considering that those who wish to do world PvP have the option to flag themselves, even on a PvE server, the notion of PvP and PvE servers seems a big far-fetched.
I don't think I've seen one post saying they don't want to lose the PVP server. Everyone seems fine with accepting a move to a PVE server. This can't be what's holding up the process. I suspect it's just not important to them.

PurpleCliff
10.08.2012 , 07:24 AM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by killer_kam View Post
I don't think I've seen one post saying they don't want to lose the PVP server. Everyone seems fine with accepting a move to a PVE server. This can't be what's holding up the process. I suspect it's just not important to them.
Yeah, there's not even any difference between PvE and PvP servers with the state of the game at the moment. Open world PvP is discouraged.

wellymace
10.08.2012 , 02:40 PM | #423
I find it extremely arrogant of Bioware to promise us information about the issue, then the following week go into silence.

If there is ever one thing Bioware can do to curb the negativity surrounding this game is to communicate with its paying customer base in a more timely fashion. Whoever it is in Bioware that is responsible for player communications needs sacked so this game can grow. Bioware at the moment seems focused on spinning hype to prospective customers, when they forget that word of mouth from existing customers is the best hype of all.

The players on Oceanic servers are NOT playing free, they are ALL people that have purchased the game and have been paying a monthly subscription for quite some time. These people deserve better communication as to what is going on with oceanic servers.

cuttothechase
10.08.2012 , 03:16 PM | #424
To the people who we pay the wages of with our subscriptions... we can save your jobs... shh don't look sideways, your job, that's right you. We love this game and are still playing and PAYING! .. but you can't keep this wall of lies [about promised updates and information that never came] and silence up without pissing us off further....

... i'm pretty much over it.

Esno
10.08.2012 , 03:32 PM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
Anyone know if what we've currently got is 3 of the new "high population" type servers? Or just the old, normal servers?

Oh and also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't everyone on US servers get to change their Legacy name a couple weeks back? We didn't get that opportunity yet, did we?
We only have the standard servers as we were the TEST rats for server transfers well prior to US to US transfers. The High Pop servers only just went active just prior to when they did the mass merging.

Those that chose to switch from US/EU servers to APAC servers had option to change/set Legacy names, IF they ever give us the option to merge id say we will have option to re-name our legacy and the unlucky ones will need to re-name their toons
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

ChuangTzu
10.08.2012 , 03:37 PM | #426
So where is this increased communication we were promised? Not just this thread but in general!

I'm not going to unsub because I'm still having fun but I don't want that to stop because there is no one to play with.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Esno
10.08.2012 , 03:41 PM | #427
At least tell us our new High Pop Servers are on the way, they are currently being shipped.....

At least this may settle the masses for a while, so much for the "MORE COMMUNICATION" that was promised to the players months ago....
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

Sitholat
10.08.2012 , 05:01 PM | #428
Hey BW, Joveth ......

Any updates ?.

It's all been said before in this thread, what more can we do but ask for you to talk to us ?.

cuttothechase
10.08.2012 , 05:02 PM | #429
Communication please Bioware

jarshr
10.08.2012 , 05:55 PM | #430
Well its official, looks like Bioware are 'LITERALLY' ignoring us until F2P hits....I heard ppl say they were gonna do that, but it actually looks legit......so much fail there, whoever is in charge of community management ry rly needs to be fired, i don't care for him/ her any more!