Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sinrei
03.27.2013 , 12:05 PM | #4271
Quote:
Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts.
Sky is blue! More news at 9!

No kidding. You wonder why when you buggers sat on your arses for 8 months ignoring the problem while we kept losing players because of your lack of action. We have enough pop to justify an APAC server. The problem is we're all splintered over 3 servers.

---

Keep signing: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

spodman
03.27.2013 , 12:07 PM | #4272
/shrug ..... I guess it doesn't make business sense to EA so it's going to happen whether we Aussie's like it or not. Sad to see but I guess at the end of the day we just don't have the population over here, and EA like any business is in it to make a return for their share holders; catering to customers needs is solely seen as a mechanism to that end. If a business's customer base is not making enough money they get unceremoniously ditched. Get used to it, for better or worse it's the way the world works.

I've only just come back to the game after about 10 or so months. Had I known this was going to happen I would not have re-subbed. I will be cancelling my subscription (not that this will worry EA too much).

My issue, like that of many, is the ping. I played on the North American servers when the game first came out and to those that think it doesn't matter I call BS. I recall trying to get to datacrons and timing of the jumps was a pain in the butt - I found them much easier on the APAC servers. I also suggest you try to PvP with a large ping difference and see how you like it. Yes you can compete but you will find it harder (particularly with close combat facing issues) and quite frustrating when you get the inevitable lag spike that comes with long distance connections.

I don't know what it is (net coding, the way the game itself is coded ?) but one thing I do know, in terms of "smoothness" of the game (for want of a better term) World of Warcraft leaves SW:TOR for dead. I find I can play WoW without too much hassle from the 200-300ms ping (PvP is still a pain at times though). If SW:TOR was like that I don't think there would be such an issue.

TL;DR:
1. APAC servers are going - get over it.
2. From past experience I know the increased ping will significantly degrade the game experience for me.
3. I'm out - good luck, see you on the flip side.

Saffa
03.27.2013 , 12:09 PM | #4273
Quote: Originally Posted by SupaHsuB View Post
Hear me out for a second eric.

1. Give free transfers to all on APAC.
2. Everyone from Darnala and Gav Daragon transfer over to Dalborra.
3. Merge the remaining data/players to dalborra after a few weeks.
4. Profit!!!

THIS IS WHAT WE ALL WANTED YOU TO DO. SIMPLE.
Please read this Eric Musco.
Safasafin Knight LVL 50 Laum Assassin LVL 26

PseudoScience
03.27.2013 , 12:11 PM | #4274
APAC

Nommaz
03.27.2013 , 12:26 PM | #4275
I would still like to know whether we are going to get free character slots, I have 8 on harbringer already and 13 on Dal.

Did some testing and here are the results:
Harbringer 235 - 360 with the average being 237
Jedi Covenant 295 - 473 with the average being 315
Shadowlands 300 - 305 very stable if high
I am in WA for those interested in locations and this was at 2.00am

For me harbringer will be the better choice, but I'll be pissed if I am forced to delete characters as well.

Sprgmr
03.27.2013 , 12:37 PM | #4276
Repeat this every post in here. Don't all complain about different aspects of your experience, but repeat the same thing. Have a unified written message. Clear, concise and simple. From this page on have this be all you say.
Right now they have to wade through this thread of complaints, ************, suggestions, stories and such.
If this is it, then there is 100% no confusion. That's how you make a statement. Look at rallies, that's all they do.

Quote: Originally Posted by SupaHsuB View Post

4. Profit!!!

LuthanieI
03.27.2013 , 12:38 PM | #4277
To me it is not about the ping. Im living in Singapore and moving to the US servers will not affect me much, but what concerns me is the move of a whole community into another will really disrupt lots of things. Lots of my guild mates already think of unsubbing and some are from my raid group. It is so hard to find quality raiders and not to mention gel + bond as a team. We might as well disban the raid and call it.

Bioware keeps failing in their marketing aspect. One of their major failures is not listening to the community. What is most ammusing was their claims that they heard many voices and suggestions for the 3 APAC servers to merge as one. Then came out with an excuse about different play styles.

I'd say why not set up a poll in APAC servers for people to vote before they login to get a response if we wish to merge with American servers or merge within APAC ? Do not decide for us rather let us decide for ourselves. There is already 500+ people signing the petition and hoep they open their eyes to see it.

skotish
03.27.2013 , 12:39 PM | #4278
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
Welcome to the Internet
I reported you yah trolling ***** hope you get banned they way you personally have acted in this thread show you age
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Sinrei
03.27.2013 , 12:46 PM | #4279
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by SupaHsuB

4. Profit!!!

^This.

Palar
03.27.2013 , 01:28 PM | #4280
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

Got nothing to say about the "less than optimal gameplay experience" we'll get stuck with, as a result of your cost-cutting?

Hopefully the people who don't give a crap about service, just wait-times, are happy at least - I tried copying their logic last night, by storming out of a quality restaurant that had a long line-up and got a greasy petrol-station burger for dinner instead. I may have subsequently contracted E. Coli, but who cares? "I didn't have to wait long, so the actual quality is a moot point. My parents were too lazy to teach me the concept of patience."