Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PseudoScience
03.27.2013 , 08:39 AM | #4241
Lets hit 500 /signed in the petition guys!!

The APAC community wanted bread!
But Bioware said "Let them eat cake."

Sign the petition today:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html
APAC

DuckimusPrime
03.27.2013 , 08:42 AM | #4242
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
For the people asking for a merge i will tell you why it probably wont work, the players on MD and dalborra would get on fine, like good chums but GD players would have *****ed and whined for transfers off to another RP server, if that was given youd effectively have players from 2 servers, MD has a much worse population than GD so at the end of the day you would only be gaining about 40 or 50 ppl more on at prime time. Which isnt really that big of an improvement.
1 person was posting that. I know of many other GD players that have been hoping for a server merge. Or the option to transfer to Dalborra. Having spent cartel coins made simply rerolling a terrible option as we would've then simply thrown our money away. Instead this arse-backwards "solution" (and I use the term loosely) from EA/Bioware results in us having thrown away our money anyway.

Izabo
03.27.2013 , 08:43 AM | #4243

Now the first thing I did when I heard about this was log onto the Harbinger and try to get my names. I got all my Grall* names below but was unable to get any of the others. I advised all my Guildies to do the same of which most could get 1 or 2 but often not their primary name. I understand that when the merger actually happens we may still get to keep some of the names and we will lose some depending on a number of factors.

Vindication/Retribution still exists? Interesting.
Unto death I send you, without honor.

darthnish
03.27.2013 , 08:44 AM | #4244
also FYI for those who think idc for the APAC community i would also be ok with a merge :P as long as i get good pvp pops i really dont care what server im on.

PseudoScience
03.27.2013 , 08:46 AM | #4245
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
also FYI for those who think idc for the APAC community i would also be ok with a merge :P as long as i get good pvp pops i really dont care what server im on.
Good to hear!

Join the cause!

Sign the petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

APAC

darthnish
03.27.2013 , 08:48 AM | #4246
Quote: Originally Posted by PseudoScience View Post
Good to hear!

Join the cause!

Sign the petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

i wll be not signing that though , i said im ok either way but the current situation gives me a greater advantage in terms of ping and population

Izabo
03.27.2013 , 08:48 AM | #4247
This entire subject should be a wake up call for all within the game. It's membership dwindles. It's a matter of time before they start consolidating NA servers as well. To think of the game not being here at all saddens me. It would be missed. And this comment coming from a 'normal' person, writing a 'normal' opinion, without benefit of an internet enhanced, inflated IQ claim. Oh woe is me...... ...chuckles...
Unto death I send you, without honor.

PseudoScience
03.27.2013 , 08:53 AM | #4248
Quote: Originally Posted by Izabo View Post
This entire subject should be a wake up call for all within the game. It's membership dwindles. It's a matter of time before they start consolidating NA servers as well. To think of the game not being here at all saddens me. It would be missed. And this comment coming from a 'normal' person, writing a 'normal' opinion, without benefit of an internet enhanced, inflated IQ claim. Oh woe is me...... ...chuckles...
This should be a worry for the entire game. We are apparently being merged with some of the most popular US servers so this indicates to me that populations are not improving across the board and could spell disaster.

To quote Yoda: "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is"
APAC

Saffa
03.27.2013 , 09:35 AM | #4249
The real reason their shutting down APAC is because its not profitable for EA and has nothing to do with player experience. Why could we choose which APAC server to go to from us launch but can't choose now. No wonder the EA CEO just quit recently because EA only care about money over customer service just look at the horrible simcity launch. I hope people will find a game that they get treated like humans not money bags and I encourage APAC player's to unsubscribe before it's to late.
Safasafin Knight LVL 50 Laum Assassin LVL 26

gurneyslabb
03.27.2013 , 09:55 AM | #4250
Quote: Originally Posted by PseudoScience View Post
This should be a worry for the entire game. We are apparently being merged with some of the most popular US servers so this indicates to me that populations are not improving across the board and could spell disaster.

To quote Yoda: "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is"
It does suck the oceanic servers are going down
I only just recently subbed after a year break and missed the character transfer window and continued to play on the us server the Bastion the population is fine for most times of the night for me (Aussie) and pvp queues are regular
Its plain to see thats its a profit margin which is the decider, but might as well make the most out of a worst case scenario and hope to see more Oceanics around