Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nokizaru
03.27.2013 , 12:09 AM | #4001
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
Lol anything less than 5000 is a minority and barely noticable at all by big companies like EA

But for devils advocate i'll do the math EA reports 2 million players you say 300 that is like 0.003% uhh yeah sorry not even worth looking at
lol @ "2 million". This game doesn't even have half that amount.
Stop exploding you cowards!

BovineDeath
03.27.2013 , 12:12 AM | #4002
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
Well seeing as how you use these descriptive terms to try and personify the anomlay that is me and seeing as how you are trying to come off as condescendat I won't judge you on that account sir. As your superior intellect probably can't come to terms with the fact that my arguement makes more logical sense than the whole ping/timzone issue > population issue which seems to the responsive trend to the solution to fix said issue, you have decided to try and tear my mentality apart as your egotistical line of thought simply will not allow the fact I made more sense than everyone else (specifically you as you have taken the time to think about my headspace).
Dude, you are retarded and you spell at the level of a 5 year old. 300 concurrent players on Ilum and the fleet, Monday was still double Xp until sometime in the evening, so a lot of people were levelling alts. Even If they weren't, that's hundreds of concurrent users, not including those in ops, fps, wzs, space combat, planets, etc. If you log on to Dalborra off-peak, there will be a lot more people on the fleet because nobody is off doing content in a group. If you think that SWTOR has 2,000,000 concurrent users, then you're the stupidest person on this forum by a long shot.

Not representative of the whole community on GD, but I'm guessing that quite a few people left to get away from some of these obnoxious pre-teen keyboard warriors. Dalborra is so much friendlier.
Petition to merge APAC servers, not remove them: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

Sydexlic
03.27.2013 , 12:13 AM | #4003
Actually, 220ms is one way travel times. The server sends out something is happening, .22 of a second later you receive this data and your client presents whatever cue you need to respond to. .3s later, the average human reaction time kicks in. You respond and then another .22 of a second later, the server gets the response and applies the action to the simulation. From the event happening on the server, until the server gets your response is much much longer than .22s, it's in fact .22 + .3 + .22 = 0.74s. Yes, this kid doesn't understand SI units, but still, 3/4 of a second from a 220ms ping, especially responding to a 1s cast time, is going to remove almost all room for error.

Nommaz
03.27.2013 , 12:13 AM | #4004
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Wow no. MILISECONDS. 220ms = 0.22 second.
Action happens you see it in .22 of a second, you react and .22 of a second later it happens in game, that nearly 1/2 second,
work that in with my lag to us servers at anywhere from 340 to 600... tell me what you get and then how I can combat a 1 second interrupt.

Elysiah
03.27.2013 , 12:23 AM | #4005
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post

This Thread is for APAC players who want to voice their disgust at EA/BIO...
Well no. This thread was made to inquire to EA/bioware about the state of the Apac servers, problems with the apac servers, concerns, bugs and fix times etc
Not to voice disgust at EA/Bioware.

Nommaz
03.27.2013 , 12:25 AM | #4006
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysiah View Post
Well no. This thread was made to inquire to EA/bioware about the state of the Apac servers, problems with the apac servers, concerns, bugs and fix times etc
Not to voice disgust at EA/Bioware.
You just contradicted yourself...

Thornsbane
03.27.2013 , 12:26 AM | #4007
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Wow no. MILISECONDS. 220ms = 0.22 second.
Yeah, so his best ping gives him quarter a second delay......on everything he does and other people do, everything he sees, tries to dodge, cast bars, everything. Thats a big delay on anything that requires speed or RWZ's. Say goodbye to interupts. Even high end ops.

And that was his best ping from while he was on.

Im not saying its not doable, but it sux big time. Many of us would be excluded from rated pvp teams for that sort of thing.

Its sub par playing, which is why we all swamped to the apac servers in the first place.

Its obvious.

iheartnyc
03.27.2013 , 12:26 AM | #4008
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
Action happens you see it in .22 of a second, you react and .22 of a second later it happens in game, that nearly 1/2 second,
work that in with my lag to us servers at anywhere from 340 to 600... tell me what you get and then how I can combat a 1 second interrupt.
Ping is the response time of the server dude.

In other words, the amount of time it takes for a packet to make a ROUND TRIP from your computer to the server and pack.

Elysiah
03.27.2013 , 12:27 AM | #4009
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Regardless what I have... a 220ms Ping is causing a 1-2 second delay... most PVPer's would agree that can be the difference between killing your opponent or dying...
Anyway if you are American... what do you care... it won't effect you... so go Troll someplace else and let the APAC players voice their opinions to EA/BIO... instead of you filling it up with your nonsense
Sorry, not American. Well my friends ping was about 180 and he definitely didnt get anything close to a 1-2 second delay lol.

iheartnyc
03.27.2013 , 12:27 AM | #4010
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
Yeah, so his best ping gives him quarter a second delay......on everything he does and other people do, everything he sees, tries to dodge, cast bars, everything. Thats a big delay on anything that requires speed or RWZ's. Say goodbye to interupts. Even high end ops.

And that was his best ping from while he was on.

Im not saying its not doable, but it sux big time. Many of us would be excluded from rated pvp teams for that sort of thing.

Its sub par playing, which is why we all swamped to the apac servers in the first place.

Its obvious.
0.22 seconds. A US player will have an advantage over you of 0.18 to 0.12 seconds. That's not that bad.