Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PurpleCliff
10.05.2012 , 03:14 AM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
In other news Bioware has announced that they will be merging all 3 of their Asia Pacific servers into one to provide a better playing experience for their customers across the Pacific. While a mega server isn't required for this unified server they are considering upgrading before their planned F2P launch.

Was that so hard?
You got me excited there. Thought you had some kind of authority. :P

Evgen
10.05.2012 , 03:57 AM | #372
My sincere apologies! XD

-Holmes
10.05.2012 , 04:25 AM | #373
My sincere apologies! XD
I do agree, that the announcement will be made if it happens. That's why I'm keeping a solid eye on the forums, especially this thread.

Also, I had received a personalised response from a CSR saying that my complaints are... "noted," but that's about it.

wellymace
10.05.2012 , 05:08 AM | #374
I just want to join mainstream servers.

Merging oceanic will only be a temporary solution.

-Holmes
10.05.2012 , 05:25 AM | #375
Funny thing happened to me today.

I joined GF for my daily HM, and after completing my Ilum and BH dailies, I finally got a pop. Kaon Under Siege. After grinding through about 70% of the HM with no wipes( a few close calls though) I got a disconnect. It happens.

In under 3 minutes I reconnected, and I was not in the HM anymore. I got kicked from the group, and while this was angering, I decided to say "thanks for waiting for me" then joining GF again. That was 3 hours ago, and I still don't have a pop. And this is Dalborra, supposedly the server with the most population among APAC.

Reble-Dog-Squad
10.05.2012 , 06:02 AM | #376
In other news Bioware has announced that they will be merging all 3 of their Asia Pacific servers into one to provide a better playing experience for their customers across the Pacific. While a mega server isn't required for this unified server they are considering upgrading before their planned F2P launch.

Was that so hard?
Next time you want to quote me, please do so with an answer. you sir/ma'am would make a great politician.

What you provided as an answer to post still does not go to prove that you will know that the population has increased significantly enough for you to resub after you have ran away.

Merging servers together that have very low population already is not really going to make that much of an impact that everyone is going to run out and change their last name to Bioware.

With all three servers combined into one merge will result in a total of 500 players on the server actively playing at any one time. (This is speculation i know, but just a rough guess after visiting all servers during peak time)
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

scullzomben
10.05.2012 , 06:31 AM | #377
Quote: Originally Posted by Reble-Dog-Squad View Post
Next time you want to quote me, please do so with an answer. you sir/ma'am would make a great politician.

What you provided as an answer to post still does not go to prove that you will know that the population has increased significantly enough for you to resub after you have ran away.

Merging servers together that have very low population already is not really going to make that much of an impact that everyone is going to run out and change their last name to Bioware.

With all three servers combined into one merge will result in a total of 500 players on the server actively playing at any one time. (This is speculation i know, but just a rough guess after visiting all servers during peak time)
And 500 on one server is much better than 150 on 3.

Is that so hard for people to understand?

PurpleCliff
10.05.2012 , 07:07 AM | #378
C'mon guys, merging our 3 servers together would leave us with plenty. Not to mention tons of people who aren't logging in at all at the moment because of this situation would jump back in.

HauksbokT
10.05.2012 , 08:01 AM | #379
I was really angry and upset until I decided to go out on the booze for my brother in laws boux party, then I came across this, and this made oceanic pvp AMAZING tbh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Any questions, teebs?

Froippi
10.05.2012 , 09:33 AM | #380
to be honest its probably just better put the oceanic people back on american servers but i know a lot will hate this but i see no other solution and combining all 3 of the oceanic servers is just a temp solution same thing could happen again in the year and we screaming for it again