Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Toxicsox
03.26.2013 , 04:56 PM | #3771
I'm so glad someone found time to delete my favorite posts in this forum, shame they didn't also have enough time to give us a reply to the 652 posts (not including those that were deleted) that were put up after they announced their plan for APAC servers.
Toknchik Legacy

odonoghuet
03.26.2013 , 04:57 PM | #3772
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
(Other hint: do you honestly think there'd be a jot less butt-hurt whining if they'd announced a merger? In that case, allow me to sell you this fine Golden Gate Bridge. )
Hell yes there would be less complaining and more cheering if they did announce a forced merge.

Another way they could have gotten less complaints is if they simply said that the APAC servers were not long term financially viable as the reason for closing them.

Instead they tell us that the best method for our long term enjoyment of the game would be to close all three servers, and push our characters into three unstable servers that the numbers others have posted indicate would not fix the population issue that is the primary complaint because of the time zone peak hours.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

SunfirePhenix
03.26.2013 , 04:59 PM | #3773
Okay comon APAC! it took them 300 or so pages of comments for them to make this stupid decision so lets bump up the pages again and hope they frekin listen to us this time...

I dont want to leave this game, but will be forced to if i cant play without lagg and DC's, the guilds i am apart of have come too far to be denied by the companies really lame excuse for a solution...
ima miss you guys, GavD - Visz, CoR, F O R K L I F T

also please sign the petition if you have not already http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html
APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

Sign the petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

vian
03.26.2013 , 05:06 PM | #3774
Quote: Originally Posted by Macropodmum View Post
So wonderful you have cable, not all of the rest of Australia do....
Here are some ping rates from all over the APAC region. I was actually surprised the ADSL ones were so low. Whether you decide to play or not is totally up to you - some people and some playstyles allow for more latency than others.

But I'm sick of people claiming the game will be "unplayable." Especially when all they have to back it up is the Chicken Littles in this thread.
Two blasters; no waiting!

PurpleCliff
03.26.2013 , 05:09 PM | #3775
Now SWTOR is just getting more bad press in Australia. Just what it needs...
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Twizitd
03.26.2013 , 05:10 PM | #3776
Hi Bioware / EA

Thank you for giving me the last 18 months or so to play your game. I enjoyed it immensly. Now that you have announced that the APAC servers are going to be rolled into NA servers, I have lost all desire to play this game. I will continue to subscribe through ROTHC until these server merges take place, at which point my account will be unsubbed.

This has been a great game, and a real shame to see it die in the APAC region. Subscribers could see past the games cons as it had the biggest pro that any MMO could have - local servers. Now the cons completely obliterate the pros. I will not pay money to back to ~ 250ms.

I would advise that you keep spending the money on a SINGLE MEGA APAC SERVER and MARKET IT AS THE ONLY LOCALLY SERVERED MMO IN THE REGION. Your EXTREMELY loyal player base here that has put up with a lot, and would no doubt continue to do so, but this is completely unacceptable. Consider me another (soon to be) unsubbed ex-loyal customer.

MDN - Schnipe (Sniper) Reprisal (BH Tank) Rëd (Jugg DPS) Innercourse (Op Heals) Voidex (Assassin Tank) Förce (BH Heals) Deceďt (Sorc DPS) Deathpop (Guardian Tank)

anicca
03.26.2013 , 05:12 PM | #3777
Quote: Originally Posted by ZinBladez View Post
How do i email them for a refund on the expansion. i cant find their customer service email anywhere
in-game ticket

SunfirePhenix
03.26.2013 , 05:15 PM | #3778
Here are some ping rates from all over the APAC region. I was actually surprised the ADSL ones were so low. Whether you decide to play or not is totally up to you - some people and some playstyles allow for more latency than others.

But I'm sick of people claiming the game will be "unplayable." Especially when all they have to back it up is the Chicken Littles in this thread.
Chicken Littles? I checked my own Ping on Begeren Colony and got 150-200ms from NZ, with no one on screen, i know from experience that in warzones and ops ping is worse and if its higher than 50ms people lagg and dc... we will not be on a even playing field in warzones with those in america, and if we try to op with our already established teams im pretty sure we will all be lagging and dc-ing while fighting for example TFB or Kephess... so chicken littles? i think not...
APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

Sign the petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

vian
03.26.2013 , 05:21 PM | #3779
Quote: Originally Posted by SunfirePhenix View Post
im pretty sure we will all be lagging and dc-ing while fighting for example TFB or Kephess... so chicken littles? i think not...
Well, I haven't been DCing, or even lagging all that much. Even in highly populated areas and even in HM FPs and Ops. But gee, if you're "pretty sure" that's terribly convincing. Especially since you haven't actually, you know, tried it.
Two blasters; no waiting!

BovineDeath
03.26.2013 , 05:29 PM | #3780
Well, I haven't been DCing, or even lagging all that much. Even in highly populated areas and even in HM FPs and Ops. But gee, if you're "pretty sure" that's terribly convincing. Especially since you haven't actually, you know, tried it.
A lot of us have played on US servers, if if you do anything that requires quick reactions, you're already 1/3 - 1/5 of a second behind the reaction time an American player will have. Plus increased lag spikes and Harbinger's regular problems.

We're not "Chicken Littles", we just aren't gullible fanboys with rosé coloured glasses who welcome an obvious degradation in service quality.
Petition to merge APAC servers, not remove them: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html