Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

soneil
03.26.2013 , 10:24 AM | #3751
Quote: Originally Posted by avimeso View Post
very dissapointing.
Sucks how we cant even choose our destination server.
I think 1 oceanic server should of been given a chance.
That's my one gripe. Personally I like the idea of merging with a US server. People on dalbora really don't understand what it's like to play on a server where your only hope of getting any multiplayer content is to arrange it with one of the stable guilds on the server. If I wasn't in such a good guild I'd basically be playing a single player game now. Just not enough population for group finder to be worth anything. Yeah I think combining the australian servers would be better but it's simply not realistic. Other MMOs don't do it because it's not cost effective. We got 3 servers for a year. No way they'll do one. We can demand all we want but when the game's already bringing in a lot less subscriptions than EA thought it would, we need to be realistic about things.

Having said that, I want to choose which server I go to rather than have one arbitrarily picked for me. A lot of people who started on harbinger will be returning to their old server. Well when I came to APAC servers I got to pick which one I came to. I chose an RP server but didn't have it forced on me. It wasn't a case of now you came from an RP server, therefore you must transfer to Gav Daragon. I made a choice. Now we're getting kicked off APAC servers I too would like to return to my old server rather than starting off all over again on a completely new one. Nothing against Begeren Colony but it's not the only RP server. If I have to move I want to go to ebon hawke where my old guildmates from the 13th legion are (formerly on sanctum of the exalted before us server mergers).
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

Aikon
03.26.2013 , 10:41 AM | #3752
While this issue does not affect me, I think now would be a good time to take a poll on this issue with your current subscribers whom will be affected by this, Bioware/EA. I'm pretty sure you would receive a good amount of feedback on the issue and will then be able to determine what players would prefer.

(Hint: Players seem to not prefer the choice you have made).
Tell me... How can there be Peace without Emotion? How can there be Knowledge without Ignorance?
How can there be Serenity without Passion? And how can there be Death without the Force?
Aikon - Guardian - Tron - Juggernaut

lobsang
03.26.2013 , 10:58 AM | #3753
while im glad u are doin SOMETHING to address the problems, i wanna suggest that u allow us a free server transfer rather than just moving us to an assigned server.

Since i came back a few moths ago an found the apac servers pretty dead i decided to move to the NA servers, but seeing as i wasnt payin much attention i rerolled on a pve server rather than my original pvp server type.

now my 2 original 50s are on a pvp server, and since i came back i have made another 3 50s on the harbringer, if i read your response the original 50s would be goin to the bastion or somewhere which is just as useless for me

since ive come back ive invested a fair bit in cartel coins which never existed on my original chars and basically my 2nd set of chars are more advanced and better planned the 2nd time round, but id still love to have ALL my chars on a single server

TLDR: let us choose where we go please, some of us have made lives elsewhere.

DarthVasper
03.26.2013 , 12:14 PM | #3754
When they opened APAC servers last year, they didn't lock the destination server based on the play style of origin server. Why now they lock and force us to go to a certain server?

With the high latency of US server, I know i won't be competitive anymore in warzones. So now I just want to pve.

Please give us the freedom to pick our destination server when the transfer comes. I know they said it's gonna be a merge, but really, this is basically a transfer.

skotish
03.26.2013 , 12:35 PM | #3755
My sentiments go out to the apac players and their treatment by Bw has been shocking.I will be unsubbing from swtor along with alot of the apac players find another game guys/gals

From Scotland <3
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

PseudoScience
03.26.2013 , 12:56 PM | #3756
Thanks for the support from all of the NA and EU players.
APAC

orpheus
03.26.2013 , 01:30 PM | #3757
Quote: Originally Posted by WasteGate View Post
I want Francis to do a piece on this
Omg yes!

Jonnara
03.26.2013 , 03:05 PM | #3758
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[color=#f9d648
We will then offer Free Character Transfers to anyone currently playing on an APAC server to a North American server of the same gameplay type, specifically:
  • Mastar DaríNala (PvP) will transfer to The Bastion (PvP)
  • Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) will transfer to Begeren Colony (RP-PvE)
  • Dalborra (PvE) will transfer to The Harbinger (PvE)
-eric[/color]
What about to different game play types? i am on Master Dar'Nala and have since re-rolled on The Harbinger.

I want my apac toons to go to Harbinger now and not Bastion.
Proud Member of the Master Dead'Nada Server

Macropodmum
03.26.2013 , 03:12 PM | #3759
Quote: Originally Posted by Knine View Post
FAIR DINKUM!!!!!! Sub cancelled. Ping was the only reason I played. What a wast of money and time I sunk into this game. Will never buy any of there products again.
Hard not to rant but F me if this is not the dumbest idea since ALP cut Rud for the Red head. Bad move bad move.
I know, after all the time building up a community and all the money we sunk into this game it really feels like we are being shafted. I will be trying the new server today and if I get the same dismal ping rates as my guild mates are I will be unsubbing too

Saaz
03.26.2013 , 03:43 PM | #3760
Quote: Originally Posted by Macropodmum View Post
.... it really feels like we are being shafted.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

.... we had to think long and hard about all of the implications of our decision.

-eric
Bioware know we are getting shafted but they have thought long and hard about all the implications of that, and so at the end of the day you are judged - unimportant.

Thanks for your money bye