Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WasteGate
03.26.2013 , 05:42 AM | #3681
I want Francis to do a piece on this
Southern Cross - The Bastion
Wastegate - Juggernaut

Scorpiooooo
03.26.2013 , 05:50 AM | #3682
Hey Musco - remember that time you said you wouldn't merge the servers because people in RP/PVE/PVP would lose their preferred server type? Do you even READ the Server Forums for Dalb/Gav/MD?

WE WANT 1 CONSOLIDATED APAC SERVER - NOT 0 APAC SERVERS

Why ask the community what they want if you're going to just piss all over us anyway? Have you seen how many people are unsubbing? And it's not slowing down.
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Punchy
03.26.2013 , 05:51 AM | #3683
Quote: Originally Posted by keitzy View Post
The straw that broke the cammels back.

Goodbye TEHEE, NS, SNX, Synergy, Reverence, ROTJ, WOTR, Corvus, Vindication, Excession, ALBG, Autobots and SPC just to name a few dalborra guilds.

A big goodbye to IZO, SPK, Katarn, Lims, Lajeer, Vesia, Ero, Aspect, Nash and MJ'Rat.

I will miss out tripple threat commando troll in PVP and our little "Redemption are scrubs" digs with A Little Bit Gimp. I enjoyed my time in Redemption but this APAC decision is the straw the broke the cammels back.

I missed the Dalborra community playing on Khaz'goroth WOW server and will miss them again.

Unsubbed.

Keitzy / Letiek / Ennael / Leanny / Damocracy / Harvy / Repugnant - Redemption / Redempton
I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, man. Sad to see you go.

- Aspect.
Where's my taunt?

desensid
03.26.2013 , 05:59 AM | #3684
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulantees View Post
I am so disappointed, but shamefully not surprised, by this loathesome, cretinous choice of action by Bioware AKA EA's Cash Pinata. It was overwhelmingly obvious to even the most casual of observers that combining all the servers into one AUSTRALIAN LOCATED PVE server was by far the most popular choice. Merging the populations into seperate US based servers does not solve the problem of not having people to play with, because the vast majority of natives of the destination server will NOT BE ONLINE during our PRIME PLAYTIMES. You've essentially turned our populations into graveyard shifts in the interests of shedding the maximum possible amount of financial outlay, rather than listening to the people who have continued to support you through the toughest times. A loyal community whom you supposedly "surveyed and researched" but chose to ignore, making this joke of a penny pinching choice over choosing to find a balanced and mutually beneficial result for people WHOSE PLAYTIME ACTUALLY OCCURS AT A MUTUAL TIME. The ONLY THING that APAC players stand to gain from this HORRENDOUSLY WOEFUL idea is an extra 100-200 latency. We will NOT have more people to play with, as the majority of our new "community" simply will not be online at the same time as us.

For our unwavering loyalty to you through all these hard times, we APAC players deserved better from you Bioware. But who gives a **** right? You already have our cash and pre-orders for the XPACK right? Bioware seriously sucks.
Could not have said it better myself + 1 to ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sitholat
03.26.2013 , 06:01 AM | #3685
There wont be anyone to send to the yank servers after this EAware, you fwarked it royally !!!

Everyone I have spoken to has or is going to unsub, including the whole of <Wookie Leaks>.

/UNSUBBED
~ Pade ~

jonathanonmars
03.26.2013 , 06:04 AM | #3686
Good job Bioware you just lost half of the gamer population in the oceanic area when your original intention was to create a larger server population.

LuthanieI
03.26.2013 , 06:05 AM | #3687
Wonder what on earth Bioware is doing. They are trying to kill themselves by making such a move. More subscribers will unsub and its over.

Playing with high ping is bad business for an MMO. They should work more in building more content and properly advertise in the Asia Pacific region. Large parts of Asia have not been tapped and its a failed marketing strategy on their part. Now they want us to suffer. It is really unfair.

Slaven_claw
03.26.2013 , 06:06 AM | #3688
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

Support our petition for server merges, we already have over 200 signatures

aVmuse
03.26.2013 , 06:07 AM | #3689
See if this hospital and the way EA has treated its patients (Aussie servers), incorrectly treated, delayed as long as possible, deception and withholding information they would be sued for malpractice. I can't believe game companies are stilled allowed to do stuff with zero repercussions with the amount people involved and effected.

And just because they own the game doesn't mean they should be able to treat customers this way.

jonathanonmars
03.26.2013 , 06:07 AM | #3690
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulantees View Post
I am so disappointed, but shamefully not surprised, by this loathesome, cretinous choice of action by Bioware AKA EA's Cash Pinata. It was overwhelmingly obvious to even the most casual of observers that combining all the servers into one AUSTRALIAN LOCATED PVE server was by far the most popular choice. Merging the populations into seperate US based servers does not solve the problem of not having people to play with, because the vast majority of natives of the destination server will NOT BE ONLINE during our PRIME PLAYTIMES. You've essentially turned our populations into graveyard shifts in the interests of shedding the maximum possible amount of financial outlay, rather than listening to the people who have continued to support you through the toughest times. A loyal community whom you supposedly "surveyed and researched" but chose to ignore, making this joke of a penny pinching choice over choosing to find a balanced and mutually beneficial result for people WHOSE PLAYTIME ACTUALLY OCCURS AT A MUTUAL TIME. The ONLY THING that APAC players stand to gain from this HORRENDOUSLY WOEFUL idea is an extra 100-200 latency. We will NOT have more people to play with, as the majority of our new "community" simply will not be online at the same time as us.

For our unwavering loyalty to you through all these hard times, we APAC players deserved better from you Bioware. But who gives a **** right? You already have our cash and pre-orders for the XPACK right? Bioware seriously sucks.
Great point. I think you just summed up all the concerns that we have had.
The Harbinger | Burn Phase | Blb 55 Juggernaut