Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EsKymaen
03.26.2013 , 03:03 AM | #3601
What a complete joke. You guys (read: Bioware) waited 7 months to tell us
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
to put it simply, even merging all of APAC together into one server would not solve the population problems. Even with that solution you would still see long queue times for things like Warzones and Group Finder. It was because of this that we decided that moving APAC into the NA servers was the best option.
So how about you tell us what it would have looked like 7 MONTHS AGO WHEN WE FIRST RAISED THE ISSUE? But no you guys sat on your arses for 7 months and let the servers deteriorate to their current state.

Sending the APAC community to 3 separate NA servers DOES NOT SOLVE ANYTHING. The simple fact is the peak time at which the APAC community plays is what constitutes the quietest time of the day for the NA servers. So all you'll end up with is continuing complaints about long ques... But it seams as though you guys couldn't care less about the consequences of what you are doing as demonstrated by the 7 month track record of completely disregarding the APAC community.
Fresk Gresk Resk Sandee
Master Dar'Nala

Jinsali
03.26.2013 , 03:10 AM | #3602
The only long queues i've had was for group finder, but I play with my wife..so we're always a group of 2 and can complete most things. PVP queues on Dalbora, I think the longest I had to wait was 5 minutes for a lvl 50 WZ.

MyPetMonkey
03.26.2013 , 03:11 AM | #3603
Uninstalled

PurpleCliff
03.26.2013 , 03:11 AM | #3604
I hope BioWare isn't stubborn enough to simply end this dialogue and follow their course to self-destruction. It is only through communication and mutual course correction that we can get through unscathed.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Punchy
03.26.2013 , 03:18 AM | #3605
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
I take credit for this.
Where's my taunt?

StuartLaing
03.26.2013 , 03:24 AM | #3606
210 ms latency.. i'm guessing this is best case scenario... looks like raids will be cancelled again as raid members get trapped in a spiralling latency nightmare...

You say Aussie server merge would deny players their choice of RP PVP or PVE play style.. hmm... from my understanding you can pvp on any server, you can choose to role play on any server.. so what exactly are they losing..?

GHoppa
03.26.2013 , 03:25 AM | #3607
Quote: Originally Posted by EsKymaen View Post

Sending the APAC community to 3 separate NA servers DOES NOT SOLVE ANYTHING. The simple fact is the peak time at which the APAC community plays is what constitutes the quietest time of the day for the NA servers. So all you'll end up with is continuing complaints about long ques... ...
I really wish people would try the other server out before posting opinion paraded as fact like this. I understand people are upset, in some respects they have more than a right to be. But statements like this simply aren't true.

I play from Melbourne, and even at 11pm Melb time on weekdays, i still get GF que pops, although it does get quieter around then. But pops still happen. GF pops all the time anytime during the weekend. WZ's pops are never ending, anytime, day or night, any day of the week. That is better than any aussie server just there, not even mentioning it has a thriving RWZ community compared to the APAC servers too.

No complaints about ques at all, maybe you should try it out yourself.

Edit: P.S.: <The Elite> are recruiting on the Bastion repub side, come join us for double xp weekends and see for yourself guys!!

Jinsali
03.26.2013 , 03:26 AM | #3608
Quote: Originally Posted by StuartLaing View Post
210 ms latency.. i'm guessing this is best case scenario... looks like raids will be cancelled again as raid members get trapped in a spiralling latency nightmare...

You say Aussie server merge would deny players their choice of RP PVP or PVE play style.. hmm... from my understanding you can pvp on any server, you can choose to role play on any server.. so what exactly are they losing..?
Sales of the expansion if they had of announced and done this 6 months ago.

hamsel
03.26.2013 , 03:28 AM | #3609
Just checked the fleet populations on The Bastion (96 characters) and Dalborra (95 characters). I know it's not the greatest metric, but it seems that merging Master Dar'Nala to the US server is not really any more beneficial population wise. AND we lose out awesome ping.

Snorlaxo
03.26.2013 , 03:28 AM | #3610
Unsubbed.

Bioware. Reconsider this and I'll reconsider pursuing a refund.
(█∭∭∭∭██(o)█Ξ█|/[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)