Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PurpleCliff's Avatar


PurpleCliff
03.25.2013 , 10:02 PM | #3481
I can't comprehend how high BioWare's profits since F2P must be. Some people have spent literally hundreds of dollars on the Cartel Market. Where does this money go? It's obviously not advertising...
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

soneil's Avatar


soneil
03.25.2013 , 10:04 PM | #3482
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysiah View Post
Not true, healthy amount of American players on after their peak times.
I'd much rather play on American servers with my mains. Beats playing on dead servers with a bit better ping.
Agreed. And how many people complaining about ping have actually played for a substantial amount of time on US servers? I played for several months on a US server before the apac servers were created. There was a difference but not enough for me to notice any impact on gameplay. To be honest I did lots of pvp on that US server and I've almost never done any pvp since. The ping was not a problem.

My whole reason for transferring to an apac server was because there weren't so many people playing when I was on. At the time, gav daragon had a much higher population than the server I left. That server has since been merged and has a huge population while gav daragon is dying a slow death. Honestly if I had a choice I'd go back to that server with it's higher population and awesome RP community and less of the drama that's plagued gav recently. So far it seems like we get no choice about which server we go to though which doesn't sit well with me.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

PPAlien's Avatar


PPAlien
03.25.2013 , 10:04 PM | #3483
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
haha omg they can't be serious wake up idiots, EAWARE has made their decision. END OF DISCUSSION

all this whinging on the forums isnt going to change anything if you're not happy with the solution then by all means leave and stop posting garbage on the forums making the rest of the APAC community look bad.

But if you're like myself then just be happy that something is being done and we can now play with other people because less than 100 people on either fleet is a dead server, I know Dalborra looked ok but it was losing players and heaps of AU players have just re rolled on the US servers because unlike you they realise actually playing the game with a good pop is far more important than ping, playstyle and timezone isssue

Let me be the first to actually THANK EAWARE for doing something, because you all sound like a bunch of children who didnt get what they want for christmas (just be thankful you got anything at all)
I believe you are speak for a small minority of people on our servers, however, unlike you, I won't state my opinion as fact. That is the reason for the petition. A petition, whilst not as clear to point out a preferred solution as a survey, is quicker, and easier to implement. If a large enough portion of the available community signs the said petition, it becomes statistically significant to the point of being indisputable. If there is a lack of numbers signing it, it will be insignificant. Let me just say, this one is currently looking like it will be in the significant category.

KEEP APAC SERVERS FOR SW:TOR AVAILABLE AND MERGE THEM INTO 1

jackdaley's Avatar


jackdaley
03.25.2013 , 10:06 PM | #3484
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Yay - we get to play with a handful of wired meth-heads and insomniacs who got bored of the 3am movie. That's totally worth getting the shaft. (Just be thankful you got anything... last time I heard that, was when my brother punched me for Christmas. Didnt work then, either.)
Better than playing on ghost town servers

Paelo's Avatar


Paelo
03.25.2013 , 10:09 PM | #3485
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post

Let me be the first to actually THANK EAWARE for doing something, because you all sound like a bunch of children who didnt get what they want for christmas (just be thankful you got anything at all)
What a brilliantly retarded analogy to use. With the rocks rattling around inside your head, you're a shoe in for a job at EA.

Ungrateful children at Christmas?

Try PAYING CUSTOMERS, who send those bastards money in return for services that they are now watering down by forcing us to move when it was made clear the MAJORITY of us don't want it.

These "children" payed for their damn "Christmas" with their hard earned cash, now instead of being given what they paid for, they're getting shafted.

Be thankful we got anything at all? Receiving nothing would have been better than this crap. All we've been given is a steaming pile of EA waste.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally

KaosBlader's Avatar


KaosBlader
03.25.2013 , 10:10 PM | #3486
Not a fan of this at all.

Just jumped on BC server and was getting 172 ping. Standing still. Doing nothing.

Getting between 32-37 on Gav Daragon. So playing the game will be about 5x slower on the new servers (for me at least). Goodbye pvp.

Merge all APAC servers +1

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
03.25.2013 , 10:14 PM | #3487
Quote: Originally Posted by soneil View Post
Agreed. And how many people complaining about ping have actually played for a substantial amount of time on US servers? I played for several months on a US server before the apac servers were created. There was a difference but not enough for me to notice any impact on gameplay. To be honest I did lots of pvp on that US server and I've almost never done any pvp since. The ping was not a problem.
You said you played lots of PVP on the US servers, but haven't since you came to the APAC servers.
So you don't really play PVP and are definitely not a high-end PVPer or RANKED PVPer...
I'm sorry but you don't really have a handle on why we are so upset...

aVmuse's Avatar


aVmuse
03.25.2013 , 10:16 PM | #3488
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
Better than playing on ghost town servers
Yea because 100 people on fleet is a ghost town, sorry not everyone needs 400+ on fleet to even play.

jackdaley's Avatar


jackdaley
03.25.2013 , 10:17 PM | #3489
Quote: Originally Posted by PPAlien View Post
I believe you are speak for a small minority of people on our servers, however, unlike you, I won't state my opinion as fact. That is the reason for the petition. A petition, whilst not as clear to point out a preferred solution as a survey, is quicker, and easier to implement. If a large enough portion of the available community signs the said petition, it becomes statistically significant to the point of being indisputable. If there is a lack of numbers signing it, it will be insignificant. Let me just say, this one is currently looking like it will be in the significant category.

KEEP APAC SERVERS FOR SW:TOR AVAILABLE AND MERGE THEM INTO 1
Well GLHF as it's going to fall on deaf ears because EAWARE have made their decision.

Remember the last time a petition went around about an EAWARE GAME and its horrible ending? that was the biggest community backlash to any game in the history of video gaming and did EAWARE change it? Nope they just threw a band-aid on and threw in a few cutscenes to give everyone someone closure (and to date people are still whinging about it)

Was that perticular petition Successful **** no, and neither will this one be.

I'm not defending EAWARE they're stuffed the APAC community around with leaving us in the dark and stalling im just glad to playing with...wait for it..*drumroll* PLAYERS! which is the biggest issue for the APAC community which they are going to FIX! ping or timezones blah blah etc dont mean **** if you can't play with other players. Jesus Christ! why is it so hard for everyone to accept this? If you don't like the solution Don't Play the game..Simple

soneil's Avatar


soneil
03.25.2013 , 10:19 PM | #3490
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
You said you played lots of PVP on the US servers, but haven't since you came to the APAC servers.
So you don't really play PVP and are definitely not a high-end PVPer or RANKED PVPer...
I'm sorry but you don't really have a handle on why we are so upset...
I did high end pvp for several years in wow (high ranked arena teams) which was always on US servers and I've done enough pvp on aussie servers so have a point of comparison. I just did a heck of a lot more of it while I was on a US server. So I'm pretty sure I do have a handle on things. You didn't answer my question though. Have you played on US servers? If you've tried both as I have then perhaps you'll have a handle on things.

Most of the complaints I've seen seem to come from people on dalbora where pop times for pvp and pve aren't as big an issue.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.