Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

orpheus
03.25.2013 , 06:45 PM | #3361
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirjalax View Post
how do you check names without actually creating a character?

you cant - i had to create characters and check availability

MyPetMonkey
03.25.2013 , 06:45 PM | #3362
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
APAC's 3 servers are less than 1 NA server because of how long it took to get around to making a change. If this had been done 153 days ago you could have just merged 1 server and then had 2 instead of 3. Now there's 0.
Bingo!

SpannersSF
03.25.2013 , 06:48 PM | #3363
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
We're probably the only logical people in this thread, It's embarassing that these idiots will be seen as the APAC community by others

But im looking forward to ACTUALLY PLAYING IN A POPULATED SERVER
Conceited much.

Amlici
03.25.2013 , 06:48 PM | #3364
We're probably the only logical people in this thread, It's embarassing that these idiots will be seen as the APAC community by others

Yea screw you it's guys like you that screwed our community.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Yndras
03.25.2013 , 06:49 PM | #3365
Quote: Originally Posted by Claprica View Post
Well .. to say I am disappointing is an understatement.

I feel like we have been strung along to believe that it was possible we would get a server merger, all the while paying our monthly subs.

I suppose we can't get a refund on ROTHC either.

Such bad business ethics from EAware. Shame on you.

Consider me Unsubbed.
Will miss you guys on MDN and Strike Team
Miss you too buddy.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Yndras
03.25.2013 , 06:51 PM | #3366
Quote: Originally Posted by Fols View Post
Useless solution. You waited too long and now you punish the rest of us that stuck it out. Expect allot of unsubs from the APAC community, most of my guild will be leaving if this goes ahead.

You could at least have made a tunneling option available for us to reduce the lag on the NA servers.

Stupid us for wanting something, gave you the chance to kill our servers for good.

I'll be waiting for ESO now.
Dont wait, At least if they see you do it now, they can determine how much they have lost and still have time to change their decision.

If you wait, and they do it, they wont go back on it.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

MyPetMonkey
03.25.2013 , 06:52 PM | #3367

Yeah it's shame that the APAC community will be remembered as the group that coordinated and got together and formed a solution that got shat on by Bioware after 8 months. But you 2 are the smartest in the room.

Elizeth
03.25.2013 , 06:54 PM | #3368
You have got to be %*&king kidding me. Most of us only rolled on Gav Daragon because Dalborra was full.

( I would rather stay were I am on Gav Daragon that move to Begeren Colony )

(( I would rather move to a PvP server than move to Begeren Colony ))

((( What the *&^k do this brackets mean anyway? )))
'Disappointing' is not a valid criticism.

soneil
03.25.2013 , 06:54 PM | #3369
I'm seeing a lot of people here trying to speak on behalf of everyone else here. Firstly I'm seeing people from dalbora saying there's no population problems. Try playing on gav daragon if that's the case and see what it's like to be in group finder for hours at a time during peak times without a pop.
For the people complaining about ping times - Like many people I played on a US server for several months before apac servers even existed and I never remember having a big problem with ping. Only reason I moved to the APAC servers when that option presented itself was so I could play on a server with people in the same timezone. Perhaps ping an issue is if you're hardcore pvp but then again hardcore pvpers have a habit of forgetting that the game doesn't revolve around pvp. I had to laugh at the people saying they'd go back to wow because of ping. Wow as far as I'm aware has never had servers physically hosted in australia. Their apac servers are hosted overseas so the ping is no different from their US servers. And considering how much that game has sucked since cataclysm I'm not interested in going back there.
My only problem with this announcement is how long it's taken. Promises about action began in the middle of last year which is about how long ago the NA servers were merged to fix their population issues. Should have just done ours back then rather than the whole 'wait and see how FTP pans out'. I wish we had a choice of servers to go to. There's more than on RP server for instance and I'd rather go to the one that the people on my old server ended up on rather than just being shifted on to a particular one.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

SunfirePhenix
03.25.2013 , 06:55 PM | #3370
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
eh you'll be fine sunfire, oceanic players and non us layers have over come latency in past mmos, tbh though i think the ping from nz to east coast was around 120~160 ms last i checked which is acceptable in my books
meh, im getting between 150-200ms on a solo screen, i can imagine what it will be for ops and warzones 300+ NOT ON!!!
APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

Sign the petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html