Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthBrundleFLY
03.25.2013 , 05:07 PM | #3311
So I am going to loose all my character names for a 3rd time....just checked on Begeren Colony and all my names are taken...

And if by some miracle you eventually come out with a paid character transfers I would loose them all again....might be time to move on to another MMO.

I have played MMO's since they existed and have never in all the games I have played lost my character names once let alone multiple times....

ChaosOES
03.25.2013 , 05:11 PM | #3312
I don't play on Dalborra for the population size. I play to raid with my friends. So if the population is 300 or 8 it does not matter. What I do care about is ping times. I cannot go from raiding with 60ms to 400-500ms. And it's not just me. If my entire raid group has that same connection speeds it will make the game unplayable - regardless of server population.

Not once have i noticed a major reduction of population sizes. APAC is small yes, but not at the expense of user experience. If you turn off APAC servers, people will not move to The Harbinger. They will unsubscribe.

BW/EA - If you guys need more money to fund the servers in APAC then go ask Disney.

orpheus
03.25.2013 , 05:11 PM | #3313
i have 2 out of 6 names reserved on Bastion. The rest are taken. You are not alone

Kirjalax
03.25.2013 , 05:12 PM | #3314
how do you check names without actually creating a character?

Novarium
03.25.2013 , 05:12 PM | #3315
Unsubed Screw you Bio/Ea Fail
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
XaviŽr - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

Brillat
03.25.2013 , 05:16 PM | #3316
Quote: Originally Posted by DrunkChickennn View Post
im in the same boat, i say let people decide where they want to go as im sure alot of people want to chage server types.
I was at least looking forward to getting my old abandoned Dalborra characters on the same server as my Gav Daragon characters; at *least* give us a server choice and allow us to consolidate!

Xylore
03.25.2013 , 05:18 PM | #3317
/Unsubbed

vian
03.25.2013 , 05:18 PM | #3318
Well, it's not what I wanted. Goodbye, lovely ping.

And it's not what I spoke up for.

But at least we know where we stand now. Thanks, Eric, for letting us know, at last, at least.

I've made placeholders for my names on Bergeren Colony, or reasonable facsimiles of them. For anyone else doing similar, remember diacrits are your friends; insert accented characters into a Word doc, cut-and-paste from Word to get a name that at least looks like the one you have been playing for a year.
Two blasters; no waiting!

BenJohannson
03.25.2013 , 05:18 PM | #3319
Well, I suppose my latency will drop as I play from the U.S., but I chose an Aussie/Kiwi server for a very simple reason: I don't like playing with other Americans much. Too high a proportion of jerks, trash-talkers and geeks who take themselves waaaaay to seriously. Bioware is confiscating a cultural difference I valued, and I'm not sure I'll keep my subscription after this.

PurpleCliff
03.25.2013 , 05:18 PM | #3320
I'm shocked by how unsurprised I am that they chose my least favourite option.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon