Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TriMastering
03.25.2013 , 04:07 PM | #3271
This is such a terrible decision. I struggle to believe that the people at Bioware decided this was what we actually wanted and rather that they'd rather get rid of the APAC servers and save some cash. After all this time this is the decision you come up with??

I'm on the lowest populated Oceanic server and WZ queues are not great, but we still get 1-3 wz's going for both 50s and lowbies. If this tripled (or quadrupled from MDN perspective) with a consolidated APAC server we would be very very happy. There is a huge lag difference. 75-90% of the responses were for an APAC merge, not this.

I thought this was in the bag. (almost) everyone wanted an APAC super server.

I'm totally going to be unsubbing now.

MaximusRex
03.25.2013 , 04:09 PM | #3272
Quote: Originally Posted by Twitchy_Eye View Post
At the risk of raising ire with a question, if I have legacy on MND and Bastion and the 2 servers merge, which do I keep? MND is where I have been playing most since APAC servers started and I would want to keep my legacy from there, but since I came from a server that got merged into the Bastion previously and since I have been playing a little on there since then I have legacy there too. This will be an important question for many since quite a number or perks are attached to legacy and I wouldn't want to loose them.
If you merge legacies you get the highest level one, plus any perks combined that you earned on either one.

ThunderDownundr
03.25.2013 , 04:11 PM | #3273
Are you guys for real ?. What dumb twit came up with this game buster and you get paid for these decisions . O and no one asked me anything. Don't think I will be playing not with a PING of 250 back to BF3.
Blunt Force Trauma

keitzy
03.25.2013 , 04:11 PM | #3274
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
WoW "Oceanic" servers are in North America, that is what they are asking all the people quitting over ping since not many MMOs have APAC servers if they just not play any MMOs ever if that is the primary concern.
WOW APAC servers are a majority of APAC people playing so the timezone is the same. Moving to a higher ping US will not fix the timezone issues. We will still get on in our peak times and the population will not increase.

They are basically cutting of our leg to fix a broken toe.

Antiskeptic
03.25.2013 , 04:12 PM | #3275
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
H We will then offer Free Character Transfers to anyone currently playing on an APAC server to a North American server of the same gameplay type, specifically:
  • Mastar DaríNala (PvP) will transfer to The Bastion (PvP)
  • Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) will transfer to Begeren Colony (RP-PvE)
  • Dalborra (PvE) will transfer to The Harbinger (PvE)
We will also need to update our server merge technology at which point we will ultimately merge each of the APAC servers into the corresponding North American servers as indicated above. We are moving as quickly as we can to make this happen, but we want to make sure this is a smooth transition, so it will take some time.
-eric
My question is why do all our toons have to go to a server of the same game play? I'd personally prefer it if I could split my toons between harbs and Bastion.

Heck I might even want to go to Harbs instead of the Bastion. Just curious, thanks for the response even if not having a time frame is a killer.
//

LeanderDane
03.25.2013 , 04:14 PM | #3276
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
WoW "Oceanic" servers are in North America, that is what they are asking all the people quitting over ping since not many MMOs have APAC servers if they just not play any MMOs ever if that is the primary concern.
I see your point, but what I was trying to say was that I very rarely saw American's playing on that server.
Not only that but because we all had the same latency and ping and time frame, we would handle it as we're all located in or around the same area.
I don't see why even WoW can't buy a server in Australia... but again, MMO's rarely care about us, if at all =(

I forgot to add: It's harder if it's for Swtor.. because we're playing with American's, the lag would be worse, and if we're in a guild with American's, it would be harder to play with them due to time frame issues.
I hope you get what I mean

ThunderDownundr
03.25.2013 , 04:14 PM | #3277
Quote: Originally Posted by zXBurntToastXz View Post
You have got to be *********** KIDDING ME!? What the **** is wrong with you Bioware?! This is the wrong solution on SO many levels at LEASE give us *********** TRANSFERS FROM ON APAC SERVER TO ANOTHER?!

*EDIT*
I hope you realise our timezones almost completely *********** opposite pm/am wise. Good job you stupid monkeys.
lmao well said
Blunt Force Trauma

annabethchase
03.25.2013 , 04:14 PM | #3278
Quote: Originally Posted by KippleMaster View Post
Strange. No one in my guild had any complaints about Warzone queue times on Dalborra.

You do realise that a lot of us will lose character names. My sister is on Harbringer right now trying all her toon names and most of them are taken.
Happened to every single one of us. Twice for some. No mercy whatsoever was shown for character names. And you know what happened? More players came back than left. A sizable stable population is more important than a character name.

I've found that accents typically can get you the name you want though. So basically a win win.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

forumname
03.25.2013 , 04:15 PM | #3279
Quote: Originally Posted by TriMastering View Post
This is such a terrible decision. I struggle to believe that the people at Bioware decided this was what we actually wanted and rather that they'd rather get rid of the APAC servers and save some cash.
Pretty sure Bioware are thinking for more themselves then us when they waited 7 months for this simplistic solution.
  • No option for more people to transfer from other servers into APAC.
  • No option for current APAC players to decide between transferring to another server of the same type or to Dalborra
  • Just straight-out transfer into an NA server of THEIR choice.

And it's not going to happen instantly too, they want to see Dalborra suddenly bleed to death before finally transferring us.

Malstrom
03.25.2013 , 04:16 PM | #3280
Quote: Originally Posted by zXBurntToastXz View Post
You have got to be *********** KIDDING ME!? What the **** is wrong with you Bioware?! This is the wrong solution on SO many levels at LEASE give us *********** TRANSFERS FROM ON APAC SERVER TO ANOTHER?!

*EDIT*
I hope you realise our timezones almost completely *********** opposite pm/am wise. Good job you stupid monkeys.
^^THIIS - so many times this!!!