Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jackdaley
03.25.2013 , 03:12 PM | #3241
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
You know a lot of players consider WoW to be a superior game and only play TOR because of the low Oceanic ping right?
Sorry but 30 people isnt alot of players so no you dont have a valid point, GG

aVmuse
03.25.2013 , 03:14 PM | #3242
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
Bit more then 30 moron.

keitzy
03.25.2013 , 03:14 PM | #3243
I just told my bro I'm coming back to wow.
At least I get answered by their customer support, they fix their game breaking bugs unlike this game which still has beta bugs, use addons and not have a stupid Cartel Market.

So many people transferred from Harbinger to Dalborra and now your making us go back.

I want my money back for ROTHC.
I live in Western Australia and already have a 90ms ping. Why make me play with an even more greater ping.

I guess all this QQ from us Aussie's is a waste of time because it doesn't involve the Cartel Market.

MouldyCrow
03.25.2013 , 03:14 PM | #3244
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Think about it guys... They have taken out all the costs to support the APAC community which means they can afford to lose 100% of the subscribers so they don't give a **** how many unsub or what the better decision is. They are treating this game as a business rather than a good playing experience for everyone.

We can't win.
We can win, just vote with your wallet.

Huge BW fan here, I've bought so many BW games over the years and really enjoyed them - KOTOR, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I was actually planning to go back through ME3 soon when the last DLC comes out but they won't see that money now. Any future releases I will just wait until they are $2 weekly at my local video shop. Bioware will NEVER see another cent of my money ever again.
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

SpannersSF
03.25.2013 , 03:15 PM | #3245
deleted.

Aurojiin
03.25.2013 , 03:15 PM | #3246
Yoda was an excellent emote choice for your abysmal sentence construction.

My point is simply that just because someone is going back to WoW as a response, it does not make their complaints hypocritical. It's perfectly valid for a player to prefer WoW but choose to play TOR for a better gaming experience as a result of lower ping.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

SpannersSF
03.25.2013 , 03:19 PM | #3247
You know WoWs ping is the same for us on the North American TOR servers right?
Thanks Captain O. what would we do without you.

EricMusco
03.25.2013 , 03:21 PM | #3248 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

To clarify a bit more about this decision. We did previously ask what folks on the forums would like to do as an APAC solution and some, but not all, offered up the solution of merging all APAC into one. The other option on the table was to merge APAC into the NA servers. When we discussed the options internally we looked to address everyone’s primary issues with APAC, low populations were creating a less than optimal game experience.

We went and looked at what current server populations looked like across all of APAC and to put it simply, even merging all of APAC together into one server would not solve the population problems. Even with that solution you would still see long queue times for things like Warzones and Group Finder. It was because of this that we decided that moving APAC into the NA servers was the best option.

One thing to note is that there is no catchall solution here. If we move APAC to NA some folks will see increased latency, but they will have healthy server populations and can remain on their chosen server types. If we merge everyone into one APAC server, latency will remain in place but the current population issues will exist and players will lose their preferred server type. Leaving things as they are leaves all of the current issues in place without a solution at all. This is one of the reasons getting the plan out to you folks took so long, we had to think long and hard about all of the implications of our decision.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Tegual
03.25.2013 , 03:22 PM | #3249
Add another to the people who will not be resubscribing. I play SW:TOR for the low ping on the Australian Servers. i have characters who never got transferred on the American Servers and while the population is high i find it much harder to play. I will now be looking for another MMO i guess. Simply put EA/Bioware didn't care enough about providing a good gaming experience and just want the fastest and cheapest way out. I also wish that they would not try and justify themselves by saying people will be giving up the way they play by merging the servers. Since open world pvp doesn't really happen except in the dailies areas most people couldn't care less.

Since it appears that they replied i want to say this, we want a larger population yes put we don't mind having to wait a little. We want the Australian Servers and a lot of people on the Australian Servers play for that reason. If we wanted high population servers we would have already gone to the American Servers. If the Australian Servers are closed i for one will not continue playing this game after my subscription runs out and it appears so will many others. Simply the Australian Servers are costing more than the population is worth and it is cheaper and easier to close them.
"Raise your hand if you thought of something naughty!"

keitzy
03.25.2013 , 03:25 PM | #3250
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

To clarify a bit more about this decision. We did previously ask what folks on the forums would like to do as an APAC solution and some, but not all, offered up the solution of merging all APAC into one. The other option on the table was to merge APAC into the NA servers. When we discussed the options internally we looked to address everyone’s primary issues with APAC, low populations were creating a less than optimal game experience.

We went and looked at what current server populations looked like across all of APAC and to put it simply, even merging all of APAC together into one server would not solve the population problems. Even with that solution you would still see long queue times for things like Warzones and Group Finder. It was because of this that we decided that moving APAC into the NA servers was the best option.

One thing to note is that there is no catchall solution here. If we move APAC to NA some folks will see increased latency, but they will have healthy server populations and can remain on their chosen server types. If we merge everyone into one APAC server, latency will remain in place but the current population issues will exist and players will lose their preferred server type. Leaving things as they are leaves all of the current issues in place without a solution at all. This is one of the reasons getting the plan out to you folks took so long, we had to think long and hard about all of the implications of our decision.

-eric
So having 100+ on coruscant, 150+ on fleet, 3 instances of Ilum for gree event is not considered Population? Each planet while questing had at least 30+ on it and that's just PUB side on Dalborra.