Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
03.25.2013 , 02:10 PM | #3221
Harbinger.. Harbinger... oh yes, the server that seems to crash twice a week. The vomit frosting on the crap-muffin that is this idea.

Slaven_claw
03.25.2013 , 02:14 PM | #3222
Well this sucks. I know i have a few friends that were on master darnala that wanted to transfer to my server ( Gav Daragon). So obviously they are being forced to moved to the american pvp server , or if they did want to be on the same server as I they will have to re--roll until a paid transfer service is offered.

Thanks bioware.....

Aurojiin
03.25.2013 , 02:14 PM | #3223
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
1. The issue in doing this is that two play-styles (PvE, PvE-RP, or PvP) would need to sacrifice their desired play-style in order to have one server with a higher population. We feel that it is important that each player is allowed to continue to play SWTOR in their preferred play-style. Therefore, accommodating all the existing play-styles was a primary goal. By allowing you to move to a NA West server, you will be able to keep your play-style.
This is the crazy part, to be honest. Being on a PVP server means almost nothing... there's so little open world PVP in this game it's a meaningless server distinction 99% of the time.

And RPers can still RP on a PVE/PVP server.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

ausmisc
03.25.2013 , 02:18 PM | #3224
I like how they asked for our preference in this thread, then ignored the overwhelming majority that wanted APAC mergers, and just went with whatever they wanted anyway.

Did they actually ask if people would prefer to:

Change from a PVP server to a PVE and lose the non-existant world pvp OR
transfer to the US to pvp where everyone gets to have an advantage over you in the form of ~150ms?

Continue playing on a local PVE server, then receive an influx of new local players to revitalise and replenish an already decent server? OR suffer the 200ms+ while trying to level, raid and PVP

Only ones I can think of who may have had a different frame of mind may be the RPers, which is fair enough.

Solution wasn't too hard tho. Offer the transfers you posted, but also offer the option to transfer to consolidated APAC server.

Sure, some would opt for transfers, but I think the APAC mergers were definitely the pick of the bunch for a vast majority of us =/

I am a subscriber of 16 months but sadly won't be renewing my sub to go back to US latency. Thanks for offering us local servers but you kind of screwed it by your lack of response to our issues. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to reliving the early days of a populated local server.

/salute

Corsiero
03.25.2013 , 02:26 PM | #3225
If this hurts my raiding and PvP experience from having really bad lag, I'm leaving.

Obirayy
03.25.2013 , 02:27 PM | #3226
You guys are a joke! You know dam well that the majority voted to merge servers. You know damn well that you are going to get more APAC players to unsub with this Decision.

Your reason was that you wanted to keep the play styles on the servers but more than 50% of the population were happy to sacrifice the play style to stay on the APAC servers.

We better receive a response saying your real reason for shutting down the APAC servers!

You've taken away competitive swtor for us over the fu.cking retarded noobs that spend money in your cartel market.
May aswell call your gay *** game Dora the explorer

Alec_Fortescue
03.25.2013 , 02:28 PM | #3227
Just saying: when EU servers were going down the only RP-PVP got closed down. I (and many others) got a choice from going to RP-PvE or PvP server. Argument about players having to sacrifice their play style in this case is not valid imo.

I had to sacrifice my play style. I loved occasional RP banter and talking to most players in-character and having a lot of fun while questing. It was much more than just grouping up and bashing mobs / objective rushing together. And there always was a thrill when you entered a contested area where, again, I could even rp with the enemy. That was my preferred play style and it's gone. I miss it.
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Obirayy
03.25.2013 , 02:31 PM | #3228
And another note... SOME PLAYERS WERE FINE ON THEIR SERVER. THIS WAS BROUGHT UP MOSTLY BY MASTER DAR'NALA SO YOU'VE FUC.KED PEOPLE WHO WERE HAPPILY PLAYING.

Just goes to show how much of a **** you are and didn't give 2 ***** about anyone.

Alec_Fortescue
03.25.2013 , 02:35 PM | #3229
Guys... Go your destination servers and see if you can grab the names

Oh the name changes after transfers. That's seriously painful.
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

keitzy
03.25.2013 , 02:40 PM | #3230
How hard is it to do cross server PVP and PVE.

You take ideas from WOW and then don't even implement the good ones but yet fail like Blizzard because they too don't care about Aussie's.

The servers are in Sydney and I'm sure they are on the same box, surely you can make cross server integration without merging. Oh wait, this doesn't involve the Cartel Market.