Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darthnish
03.22.2013 , 02:36 AM | #3131
Quote: Originally Posted by cuttothechase View Post
Word on the street says it will not be the solution we wanted.
i am almost certain its either going to be a " Well lets wait till makeb" or "Need some more time to process the data"

iheartnyc
03.22.2013 , 02:49 AM | #3132
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
Well, this is awesome news. Thanks Eric!

A time-frame for a decision, at last. And after that, hopefully another nice, short time-frame for actually implementing a solution. Whatever your decision is, at least we will be able to plan ahead now.
Absolutely cannot believe these types of reaction posts. They throw us a bone after 8 months of nothing, false promises, or shall I say lies, and with word that we will get some kind of statement next week, and we're all gleefully on our knees in joy.

Seriously. No wonder EA has not done anything for APAC for so long, when it's so easy to appease you and be forgiven.

It's like a cheating boyfriend telling his girlfriend, "OK I'm going to stop cheating on you now" and she's all like "oh my God THANK YOU let me now get on my knees and even if you want to dump me afterwards at least I can plan ahead oh joy!"

ChuangTzu
03.22.2013 , 02:56 AM | #3133
I'll certainly be waiting to see what their solution is before I resub.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ZinBladez
03.22.2013 , 04:00 AM | #3134
Thank you for giving us an update Eric. Much appreciated!!!! I feel a lot better knowing there's going to be an anouncment of progress in a week.

RolHai
03.22.2013 , 04:06 AM | #3135
To be honest, if they turn around and say they are waiting till after 2.0 to see how the population is affected I'm un-subbing sooo quickly!

They say they care about us but they ALWAYS seem to have maintenance in a time frame that screws us over. It just seems that we are an annoying after thought, like realising that mosquito that bit you makes you itchy.
Pol Blex: Just make it worth my while, all right? If I talk, I have to pump up security, make escape plans... all very expensive. Help me out, here.
Me: Well, you don't have to pay those guards I shot...
Pol Blex: Hmm. Not a bad point, actually . We'll, uh, we'll call it even, then.

Amlici
03.22.2013 , 04:42 AM | #3136
Quote: Originally Posted by RolHai View Post
They say they care about us but they ALWAYS seem to have maintenance in a time frame that screws us over. It just seems that we are an annoying after thought, like realising that mosquito that bit you makes you itchy.
You should play WoW. The oceanic community have been bumping threads asking for a server in our region for years without a single reply
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

darthnish
03.22.2013 , 07:08 AM | #3137
i want to get excited but knowing BW im goingto be dissapointed again

ChuangTzu
03.23.2013 , 09:11 AM | #3138
WTH is this thread doing on page 10?! I know we're getting an announcement on the fix next week but that does not mean we should let it slide as far as page 10!
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

AIRCONGO
03.23.2013 , 09:35 AM | #3139
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
WTH is this thread doing on page 10?! I know we're getting an announcement on the fix next week but that does not mean we should let it slide as far as page 10!
that's their solution...move this thread as far back as possible
<Midian>
GÓllows / Myronreducto / Swolldaddy / Yolo'no-scoped
<Wrath of Xedrix>
Gall÷ws / FÓcebones / Swollows / Shackabrah

DarthBrundleFLY
03.23.2013 , 09:43 AM | #3140
The solution may be Cross Server PVP/Flashpoints...this would keep the servers separate yet still address the issue of not being able to group due to the individual server populations.

I can see the APAC servers being the test bed for this to be rolled out across all servers in America and Europe as well.

We will be Bioware's guinea pigs as we were with server transfers...