Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iheartnyc
03.21.2013 , 08:28 PM | #3121
My guess is this:

2.0 will be more expansive than we thought. It will include not only new content, but features such as SERVER TRANSFERS!!!!

Jonoku
03.21.2013 , 08:35 PM | #3122
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
My guess is this:

2.0 will be more expansive than we thought. It will include not only new content, but features such as SERVER TRANSFERS!!!!
Hopefully next week server transfers will be addressed in general, regarding wanting to join higher population, wanting to join friends, etc.

Jonoku
03.21.2013 , 08:41 PM | #3123
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
Only issue with transfers is the tool they currently use does have it's downs like you can't transfer 5 Cargo Holds on a Character it seems to mail you the items from within the 5th bay now if they have an updated model of it with a fix on this issue then great also was nice to see they fixed the credit issue.
My first Cargo Bay is barely even full yet, since thats the only issue its getting more likely to release with the expansion because they know its important that everyone enjoys the expansion.

avimeso
03.21.2013 , 08:44 PM | #3124
its about bloody time. 8months and we prob wil be expected to pay too.
they should be rewarding us for putting up with it. its a digusting wait time for action but hopefully the wait is finally over.

soneil
03.21.2013 , 11:53 PM | #3125
Very unfortunate timing for the maintenance. It's been hard getting our guild doing ops with so many of our members unsubbing recently and this kills our ops for this week.
I've unsubbed myself though my time hasn't run out yet. Still trying to find someone willing to take over as guild leader since I can't do that without being subbed. In the past month I levelled an imp alt from about level 20 through to 50 on gav daragon. Usually played during peak times (evenings and weekends). Always had group finder on the whole time I was playing that character and it only came up twice. Often I'd play for 5-6 hours with never a flashpoint coming up. Both times when it did I was not far off 50. If you can play that long with group finder never coming up, during the busiest times, then it says a lot about the server population. Only did a couple of heroic quests in all that time since most planets I was questing on only ever had a handful of people (again I'm talking peak times).

Even at level 50 it's not much better. I only get flashpoints when I group up with one or 2 guild members first so the group finder is little use. We only use it at all for the commendations. I get more black hole commendations each week from doing heroic space missions. For the most part this has become a single player game where I sometimes chat with people. Seldom enough people to actually play with.

The fact is, we've been hearing that something will be done for about 8 or 9 months now and people are sick of waiting. Never any details. Never anything to give people a reason to expect things will actually change. Which is why so many members of our guild have unsubbed. There's simply no point in paying a subscription for what is for the most part a single player game. Honestly I've spent more time lately playing single player games like farcry 3 and arkham city. At least in those games there's no part of the game that depends on actually having other people to play with.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

Amlici
03.22.2013 , 12:10 AM | #3126
Quote: Originally Posted by soneil View Post
The fact is, we've been hearing that something will be done for about 8 or 9 months now and people are sick of waiting. Never any details. Never anything to give people a reason to expect things will actually change.
Eh man Eric just said he will tell us next week the details of our fix. Look back a few pages.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Ailie
03.22.2013 , 01:10 AM | #3127
Quote: Originally Posted by HBMalachorfive View Post
Well I think a good portion of GD will be happy to hear this as currently any competitive pvp on our server is non-existant not to mention a big lack in any form of progression operations. I hope to god we get a merge might put the life back into the game for APAC
I'll be re-rolling if it's a mass merger, there is just no way I will continue to play with some people if I can help it. Or just another unsub... but hey who really cares
Meh...

vian
03.22.2013 , 01:21 AM | #3128
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

I have an update of sorts, or at least an update on an update. As many of you will likely read in Jeffís State of the Game blog we are actively working on a plan for the APAC servers. I know this is something we have said to you a couple of times and what you are really looking for are the details. I donít have those for you yet today, but, I will definitely have them for you next week. I am even confident in saying that you will have them earlier in the week as opposed to later.

I know it isnít the details you wanted just yet but we are finalizing them now and you can look for them next week! I really appreciate you all continuing to be patient with us.

-eric
Well, this is awesome news. Thanks Eric!

A time-frame for a decision, at last. And after that, hopefully another nice, short time-frame for actually implementing a solution. Whatever your decision is, at least we will be able to plan ahead now.
Two blasters; no waiting!

falcon_Xtreme
03.22.2013 , 02:15 AM | #3129
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

I have an update of sorts, or at least an update on an update. As many of you will likely read in Jeffís State of the Game blog we are actively working on a plan for the APAC servers. I know this is something we have said to you a couple of times and what you are really looking for are the details. I donít have those for you yet today, but, I will definitely have them for you next week. I am even confident in saying that you will have them earlier in the week as opposed to later.

I know it isnít the details you wanted just yet but we are finalizing them now and you can look for them next week! I really appreciate you all continuing to be patient with us.

-eric

Thank you, Eric. this is the type of clarity in dialog we have been after for such a long time.. It is appreciated.
REDZONE & PROUD!

cuttothechase
03.22.2013 , 02:31 AM | #3130
Word on the street says it will not be the solution we wanted.