Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ailie
03.18.2013 , 09:21 PM | #3041
Quote: Originally Posted by Corsiero View Post
It was good to see you in PvP, even though Dawn face raped that match. You should play more, but I didn't see any drama when I was doing Ops with you guys last night.
Well a few things were said in the matches about how we were ruining it somehow... ok so we had a lot of people who felt like pvp last night but we weren't all grouped up/on vent and it's no different to other guilds running full premade teams anyway, so no idea why it's an issue.

But previously we've also been targetted as 'not having the balls' to pvp, so we're damned if we do and damned if we don't, hence my 'nuts to you all I'll go play somewhere else' attitude atm.
Meh...

Sildanar
03.18.2013 , 11:12 PM | #3042
I mentioned in a post just after Eric Musco replied to this thread, that I thought the APAC population issue had become for me like an abusive relationship. I kept believing promises that it would get better.

Mylord is right imo, people are just letting themselves be abused by not taking action into their own hands.

I am in the process of rerolling from Master Dar'Nala to Dalborra, with the intention of having a 50 ready and geared when Makeb comes out.
Now yes you can argue Im exchanging one abusive relationship for another, but let me say that with the improved population, the ease of getting FP's while leveling and the quick WZ pops, its been a great change for me.

And truth to tell..long over due.

I keep asking myself why I did not do this ages ago (the answer of course is hope for change and the awesome community on Master D).

In short if your on Gav Daragon or Master D and are not happy with the pop, but want to keep the excellent ping, try Dalborra.
Its been a breath of fresh air for me.
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

johnnyby
03.18.2013 , 11:17 PM | #3043
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Then how did you manage to play this game (or any others) before they gave us the APAC servers?
Struggled lol.

iheartnyc
03.18.2013 , 11:20 PM | #3044
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyby View Post
Struggled lol.
Lol I hear you. Remember my first guild in this game (Aussies) complaining about the ping before they had APAC servers. Still managed to have a lot of good fun though.

MouldyCrow
03.19.2013 , 01:51 AM | #3045
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Why not? If people don't buy coins the whole game goes belly up.
You already pay your subscription, why should we give them more money for superficial crap we don't need when it takes them over 8 months to do something basic like implementing server xfers? APAC gamers should totally be boycotting the cartel market.
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

xxpcwizardxx
03.19.2013 , 02:34 AM | #3046
Quote: Originally Posted by Sildanar View Post
I
In short if your on Gav Daragon or Master D and are not happy with the pop, but want to keep the excellent ping, try Dalborra.
Its been a breath of fresh air for me.
I agree with this person. I started on gav daragon and i and guld was sick of low population so we move to Dalborra i feel that dalborra only australian server still hasn't decent population And if everyone moves it be like like having a Merged server. There are A lot of new players On Deltoro I can tell because they're not in a guild and there are a lot of free to play players.

There's a PVP there are a lot of sub 50 and 50 PVP pops for the people on masterD A lot a new players but also a lot of premade groups that are guild groups which are expert players and in terms of ranked groups well I see requests for them in the general chat all the time and there are a lot of guild made grps vs each over all time
I can get PVP pops at 3am as well

So since bioware isn,t gonna do anything u may consider rerolling dalborra as well populated and PVP friendly
May The Force Be With You.

ZinBladez
03.19.2013 , 03:56 AM | #3047
I unsubbed as well, and i also have 68days of sub left. facepalm. Still im ashamed i waited 7months for something.

zXBurntToastXz
03.19.2013 , 05:38 AM | #3048
Quote: Originally Posted by xxpcwizardxx View Post
I agree with this person. I started on gav daragon and i and guld was sick of low population so we move to Dalborra i feel that dalborra only australian server still hasn't decent population And if everyone moves it be like like having a Merged server. There are A lot of new players On Deltoro I can tell because they're not in a guild and there are a lot of free to play players.

There's a PVP there are a lot of sub 50 and 50 PVP pops for the people on masterD A lot a new players but also a lot of premade groups that are guild groups which are expert players and in terms of ranked groups well I see requests for them in the general chat all the time and there are a lot of guild made grps vs each over all time
I can get PVP pops at 3am as well

So since bioware isn,t gonna do anything u may consider rerolling dalborra as well populated and PVP friendly

Panny boy I'm shocked at the spelling in this post :P Still, the point he makes is a very true one. Rerolling on Dalborra (Although it may suck at first) will be better in the long run if we don't get transfers

xxpcwizardxx
03.19.2013 , 05:44 AM | #3049
Quote: Originally Posted by zXBurntToastXz View Post
Panny boy I'm shocked at the spelling in this post :P Still, the point he makes is a very true one. Rerolling on Dalborra (Although it may suck at first) will be better in the long run if we don't get transfers
Yea i used siri dictation it sucks, but thanks, it may suck for losing ur toons but if your power leveller like me u have replacement toons to 50 in no time
May The Force Be With You.

ZinBladez
03.19.2013 , 06:07 AM | #3050
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
Nah they've lost me. I foolishly bought a 6 month subscription back on the first BIOWARE (NON)REPLY.... And have felt conned ever since.

I've logged probably 36 hours since January. I've even considered seeing options through Office of Fair Trading but realised its probably moot somewhere deep down in T&C. They've probably covered themselves from giving a ****.

I wouldn't take this from any other service provider. So even if they merge I won't re-subscribe, if they offer transfers I won't subscribe... If I can be bothered i'll F2P...

The game is good.... Customer Service and (respect) is *********** atrocious. To restrict us to an inferior product is poor form. The fact we had to remind them about extra character slots pretty much sums up their attitude to the APAC servers and customers.

EA/BIOWARE DON'T GIVE A RATS **** ABOUT APAC

**** me... 75 days of sub to go..... What a waste....

yea i unsubbed as well. i also have 68 days left... facepalm. but in the end im still very ashamed that i waited 7 months for customer service.