Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Corsiero
03.18.2013 , 07:38 PM | #3031
It was good to see you in PvP, even though Dawn face raped that match. You should play more, but I didn't see any drama when I was doing Ops with you guys last night.

Scorpiooooo
03.18.2013 , 07:47 PM | #3032
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
BW/EA: No really, we're in daily conversation about this; we have top men working on it right now.

Indy: Who?

BW/EA: Top. Men.

Closing shot of very large wall'o'crazy with teeny tiny upside-down post-it note in middle LHS.

Aaaaand, scene.
^ This.
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Yndras
03.18.2013 , 08:31 PM | #3033
Quote: Originally Posted by Sitholat View Post
Some months back the American and European servers where consolidated and given new server tech.

They were also given the ability to change their legacy name.

Why have the American and European Subscribers been given these things yet the APAC Subscribers have not.

Why do they get more when we pay the same Subscription ?.
I smell a class action law suit.....
/Chuckles.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

iheartnyc
03.18.2013 , 08:37 PM | #3034
Quote: Originally Posted by Yndras View Post
I smell a class action law suit.....
/Chuckles.
Because you continue to choose to play on a dead server when you could reroll. Seriously, use the next double XP weekend to get a 50 in 10 hours by farming Ilum. Be amazed at seeing over 100 people on starting planet, 6 instances of Ilum and 2-3 instances of fleet.

Amlici
03.18.2013 , 08:38 PM | #3035
Look out guys iheartnyc is trolling us again
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Yndras
03.18.2013 , 08:43 PM | #3036
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Because you continue to choose to play on a dead server when you could reroll. Seriously, use the next double XP weekend to get a 50 in 10 hours by farming Ilum. Be amazed at seeing over 100 people on starting planet, 6 instances of Ilum and 2-3 instances of fleet.
I play to pvp. And its just not possible to do this competitively on US server ping times.

Regardless of what you may think or say, the 200+ms makes a huge difference. And why should i? I am entitled to the same gameplay experience as their customers in the US.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

PurpleCliff
03.18.2013 , 08:56 PM | #3037
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
-_-

Reroll is simply not an option for your average player.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

iheartnyc
03.18.2013 , 09:01 PM | #3038
Quote: Originally Posted by Yndras View Post
I play to pvp. And its just not possible to do this competitively on US server ping times.

Regardless of what you may think or say, the 200+ms makes a huge difference. And why should i? I am entitled to the same gameplay experience as their customers in the US.
It is possible to be competitive? Enjoy the below.

http://www.twitch.tv/detrimentalswtor/b/376498176

Ranked WZs against one of the top 3 ranked pvp teams on Bastion, the largest PVP server on US West Coast. Ended up 2-2 despite the lag - and this was with a new team that wasn't really used to playing together and some of us had hit 50 recently and were not close to being in BiS. It's hard but playing a lot together and having good communication helps a lot, and we all came from PVP backgrounds. Not sure an APAC team could ever be the best in the game due to lag, but you can very well be competitive.

johnnyby
03.18.2013 , 09:11 PM | #3039
My ping is 320 at the best of times on the US servers, with huge spikes to 500+. I couldn't play on them servers (again) even if i tried.

iheartnyc
03.18.2013 , 09:14 PM | #3040
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyby View Post
My ping is 320 at the best of times on the US servers, with huge spikes to 500+. I couldn't play on them servers (again) even if i tried.
Then how did you manage to play this game (or any others) before they gave us the APAC servers?