Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iheartnyc
03.12.2013 , 01:58 AM | #2981
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
Thank you captain obvious. It gets exponentially worse with more ping, competitive play is not possible for AU players on US servers.
Look, I will be completely honest with you. As Obiray mentioned, getting the Huttball is a huge problem on US server, and yes, the slight delay can really screw you. But if you can learn to compensate by activating things in anticipation (takes an hour or two to get the hang of it), it actually isn't that bad. I'm not min/maxed yet and only hit 50 on Tuesday last week, but I did 600K damage last night for instance, so the game is playable.

Now whether you can be competitive - we did some Rateds last night against one of the top teams on our server and managed to win.

Not saying US server is an ideal solution because it's not. But at least for now, it beats spending 30 minutes on APAC waiting for a pop just in order to play the same guys over and over again. The last straw for me was when I missed the que because I was solo-queing as opposed to 4-man groups who get priority in regular WZs, and I missed two WZs in a row when there was only 1 50 WZ running at a time. I almost deleted my account at that moment.

OGsam
03.12.2013 , 03:17 AM | #2982
Oh I have been playing since US launch on Helm of Graush. It's not hard to "learn to compensate" but that's because a vast majority of players are bad and those little cut throat latency moments don't make or break a win/loss because most people are complete potatoes and can't play. Enjoying the game and PVPing, totally possible on US servers. Playing competitively with 5-10x the ping of the opposing team... No, just no.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

AIRCONGO
03.12.2013 , 06:52 AM | #2983
I'm nearing on had enough. Heart of the Swarm has got my attention atm!
<Midian>
GÓllows / Myronreducto / Swolldaddy / Yolo'no-scoped
<Wrath of Xedrix>
Gall÷ws / FÓcebones / Swollows / Shackabrah

MouldyCrow
03.13.2013 , 01:56 AM | #2984
So..... how bout that Starcraft 2 game.
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

Obirayy
03.13.2013 , 02:07 AM | #2985
Quote: Originally Posted by MouldyCrow View Post
Lol I've never played star craft but I can tell you that I just unsubbed! I'm free from this problem!!! So I'm finishing off the month and I'm out if here.

Ill still miss you guys and it was a lot of fun.

AIRCONGO
03.13.2013 , 07:03 AM | #2986
Best of the series yet!

Tonights pvp was terrible love the game but its on a downwards spiral
<Midian>
GÓllows / Myronreducto / Swolldaddy / Yolo'no-scoped
<Wrath of Xedrix>
Gall÷ws / FÓcebones / Swollows / Shackabrah

tzagheru
03.13.2013 , 07:05 AM | #2987
lmao this thread has more views than actual game subscribers.

darthnish
03.13.2013 , 07:11 AM | #2988
Quote: Originally Posted by tzagheru View Post
lmao this thread has more views than actual game subscribers.
lol , anyway i checked out HoTs during the beta on my mates account, i recommend getting it, i am currently waiting on my next paycheque to get my hands on it!

MouldyCrow
03.13.2013 , 07:42 AM | #2989
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Lol I've never played star craft but I can tell you that I just unsubbed! I'm free from this problem!!! So I'm finishing off the month and I'm out if here.

Ill still miss you guys and it was a lot of fun.
Yeah same unsubbed 5 mins ago. Just not fun anymore. There's not even a community left worth saving - certainly not a PvP one. Maybe with a server merge but like this its just not worth wasting my time on.

As someone thats been around for a long enough to remember Jeck raging about nothing but Midian premades ruining the games, its a bit funny that Im out because of Core doing the same thing every other night. We just don't have the pugs to be able to make this game fun on the imp side.
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

Obirayy
03.13.2013 , 04:57 PM | #2990
Yeah same unsubbed 5 mins ago. Just not fun anymore. There's not even a community left worth saving - certainly not a PvP one. Maybe with a server merge but like this its just not worth wasting my time on.

As someone thats been around for a long enough to remember Jeck raging about nothing but Midian premades ruining the games, its a bit funny that Im out because of Core doing the same thing every other night. We just don't have the pugs to be able to make this game fun on the imp side.
Not sure whether to be sorry or not. It's hard because we have 15-20 guildies on every night and we are lucky to be having 2 warzones running on our server.