Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Einobi
03.10.2013 , 07:55 AM | #2961
I would like to play on APAC server. In fact, my first character creation is on APAC server. The following explains why I did not play on APAC server. I guess many many players don't play on APAC server for the same reasons. The lag has to go down in order to attract APAC players on the other half of the hemisphere to play on APAC server.

Distance from my location to Aus = 4000 KM, Server Lag = 450 ms
Distance from my location to US West Coast = 15,000 KM, Server Lag = 200 ms

Amlici
03.10.2013 , 10:02 AM | #2962
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
I would like to play on APAC server. In fact, my first character creation is on APAC server. The following explains why I did not play on APAC server. I guess many many players don't play on APAC server for the same reasons. The lag has to go down in order to attract APAC players on the other half of the hemisphere to play on APAC server.

Distance from my location to Aus = 4000 KM, Server Lag = 450 ms
Distance from my location to US West Coast = 15,000 KM, Server Lag = 200 ms
Yes and these are just a couple of the reasons why the concerns stated in this thread are not easily resolved. What players within the immediate area of the APAC server want to know is if Bioware are going to help address these issues or just ditch us.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Einobi
03.10.2013 , 11:04 AM | #2963
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
Yes and these are just a couple of the reasons why the concerns stated in this thread are not easily resolved. What players within the immediate area of the APAC server want to know is if Bioware are going to help address these issues or just ditch us.
For my location, I know for sure that my ISP route their traffic to US west coast direct for commercial reason, which explains the lower lag. So there is not much bioware can do about it short of relocating APAC server outside of Australia, which Australia players would not like it. At the same time, internet infrastructure is not that developed in many surrounding countries while those countries that can potentially host swtor APAC server are probably higher cost than Australia. I have no good idea to suggest really. If APAC server lag come down to US west coast equivalent, I will come back definitely to support APAC server by creating brand new character (assuming char transfer is not possible). MMO with APAC server is the main interest that attract me to swtor in the first place.

Amlici
03.10.2013 , 11:18 AM | #2964
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
At the same time, internet infrastructure is not that developed in many surrounding countries while those countries that can potentially host swtor APAC server are probably higher cost than Australia.
Yea well alot of Australia's internet infrastructure is not that developed atm either but we do have plans for major upgrades in most regions within the next 1-3 years.
Dalborra APAC

darthnish
03.10.2013 , 08:34 PM | #2965
sigh for the love of god bioware do something

iheartnyc
03.11.2013 , 12:08 AM | #2966
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Yeah I'm the same. Im Quitting after R.A.W. it's not even a threat, I just can't stand playing and having to wait on the fleet for a wz and not getting it for 30mins
If you're going to quit for these reasons, you should really reroll to Bastion, or at least wait around until 2.0 hits.

Before everyone gets their panties in a knot about "betrayal", well hey, these guys were going to quit the game either way. But if you do reroll, once server transfers are up, you can easily transfer your toons back to APAC servers.

The leveling process is not that bad. It's been about a month since I've rerolled and I'm a casual player now by all accounts, but I've already got valor 58 and nearly full WH augmented gear by averaging I think 2-4 hours a day, just enough to do Dailies. Plus, since 2.0 will be a gear reset, if you play like me, you will probably ding 50 just as 2.0 drops and you will start at exactly the same place as everyone else gear-wise, meaning you won't be behind at all.

The ping is not ideal but anyone who has played pretty much any US game from APAC region knows what it's like and it's really not that bad. If you're worried about making new friends, there are plenty of names you will recognize and will welcome you while you make this transition. And we generally don't advertise who has rerolled so you don't have to worry about people freaking out

Or yeah, you can just quit the game. Just saying you've got options.

Can't believe I wrote all that trying to convince you to stay in the game lol. Bioware better give me some cartel coins, I need to buy that Gold Scalene armor set.

Sildanar
03.11.2013 , 06:48 AM | #2967
Quite angry really.

Tonight one of our larger guilds was recruiting on Master D.
42 people on fleet at the time. I felt sorry for them...then the sorrow turned to anger.
This is insulting to the APAC player base, it has gone on far far too long.
We on Master D and the other APAC servers have been waiting for MONTHS for this issue to be resolved.
We are still waiting.
People are spending good money on this game and a getting a substandard playing experience.
We still play, we want to play, but we are being treated in the most shabby and disrespectful way imaginable.

No solid details have been forth coming, no details about what they are planning, just seven months worth of we are looking into it...

Would anyone really wait that long for any other good or service??

I keep waiting for the solution, telling myself its just around the corner.
Bioware sounds sincere this time..they really are working on something..every single day..promise.

It sounds like an abusive relationship, not a customer service one.

Holy heck I just re-read the above..
so true.

Shameful Bioware, just shameful.

Correct this by relasing your plans immediately..

State clearly what you are working on and an approximate date for the solution.

Mergers in APAC or with West coast, 6 weeks or 2 weeks I DONT CARE.

Just honour your customers give them the service they deserve.

7 months of nothing

FOR SHAME!
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

darthnish
03.11.2013 , 03:41 PM | #2968
tbh they are so open with customers about every other issue , i would rather wait for a dead line than be lead on

Amlici
03.11.2013 , 05:03 PM | #2969
Decision time Bioware. Guilds are trying to make plans for 2.0. We want an answer yesterday.
Dalborra APAC

MyPetMonkey
03.11.2013 , 05:04 PM | #2970
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
tbh they are so open with customers about every other issue , i would rather wait for a dead line than be lead on
Nah they've lost me. I foolishly bought a 6 month subscription back on the first BIOWARE (NON)REPLY.... And have felt conned ever since.

I've logged probably 36 hours since January. I've even considered seeing options through Office of Fair Trading but realised its probably moot somewhere deep down in T&C. They've probably covered themselves from giving a ****.

I wouldn't take this from any other service provider. So even if they merge I won't re-subscribe, if they offer transfers I won't subscribe... If I can be bothered i'll F2P...

The game is good.... Customer Service and (respect) is *********** atrocious. To restrict us to an inferior product is poor form. The fact we had to remind them about extra character slots pretty much sums up their attitude to the APAC servers and customers.

EA/BIOWARE DON'T GIVE A RATS **** ABOUT APAC

**** me... 75 days of sub to go..... What a waste....