Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thornsbane
03.07.2013 , 09:52 PM | #2941
Quote: Originally Posted by Marshal_Ney View Post
I think the situation is not so simply as some of you stated,merging the PvE-PvP-RP server is going to be very difficult if not impossible,RP players like PvE and PvP players have a totally different approach to the game,i know this because i`m playing in a PvE server and a RP as well,when in the first type of server the people are rushing to get the laterst gear and after get familiar with Flashpoints and Operations tend to skip every single dialoge and shortcut all the contents,the RP players take a more patient and slow approach to the game,and of course the PvP server tend to speed up things as well.
so i don`t think that merge them would be good,easy to say here but very hard to handle,i`m my humble opinion we should let BioWare figure the best solution for all of us,let`s just wait a little bit more,anyway they stated that this is one of their primary issue at the moment.
This is true......but then it is true of any server already, there are people of all sorts on any server and we all find a way to get along.

I think the idea is that the massive benefits of a merge outway the very minor 'playstyle' concerns. Probably everyone would be so excited to be on a fully functional and thriving super server that it would be one big group-hugging happy family.

Amlici
03.07.2013 , 10:32 PM | #2942
The only real difference i see between the servers is the pvp flag. This really is the only thing that needs any sort of attention in order to consolidate all 3 of our servers and keep everyone happy.

I've played WoW for years on both PvP and PVE servers and theres really no difference. Except sometimes i noticed the PVE servers tend to have a higher population than some PvP servers. Probably because you have to be alot more vigilant when you out in the world questing or levelling on a PvP server.

PvP, PVE and RP players might have different approaches to how the game is played but I'm pretty sure we can co-exist on one server fine and preserve our low ping instead of being spread out in small populations that make the game less than what we pay for.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Obirayy
03.08.2013 , 01:27 AM | #2943
Ok I don't fully understand the terms of the contract so I'm going to ask this as a question,

Even if there was a contract on the server, couldn't they still leave 2 servers dead and transfer everyone to 1 server? The same amount of money comes in to pay for all 3 servers, they will probably get more money because more people will be coming back and less people will be unsubbing because they haven't done anything.

Is this correct?

I wish there was something we could do, if they think I'm going to reroll then it's going to be on a private server cause there's no way I'm paying to start all over again for a year
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

darthnish
03.08.2013 , 01:34 AM | #2944
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
Then they can say that then.... Nothing stopping them.
if they said this i would shut up till the contract ran out

Knockerz
03.08.2013 , 01:43 AM | #2945
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Ok I don't fully understand the terms of the contract so I'm going to ask this as a question,

Even if there was a contract on the server, couldn't they still leave 2 servers dead and transfer everyone to 1 server? The same amount of money comes in to pay for all 3 servers, they will probably get more money because more people will be coming back and less people will be unsubbing because they haven't done anything.

Is this correct?

I wish there was something we could do, if they think I'm going to reroll then it's going to be on a private server cause there's no way I'm paying to start all over again for a year
It would be cheaper for BW to shutdown all of the APAC servers and transfers players to the west coast servers if looking at maintenance cost. However, BW also needs to consider the cost of transferring APAC players to west coast servers considering there isn't a automated system the cost might be higher than keeping players on APAC servers until the automated transfer system is up and running.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Obirayy
03.08.2013 , 01:48 AM | #2946
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
It would be cheaper for BW to shutdown all of the APAC servers and transfers players to the west coast servers if looking at maintenance cost. However, BW also needs to consider the cost of transferring APAC players to west coast servers considering there isn't a automated system the cost might be higher than keeping players on APAC servers until the automated transfer system is up and running.
But then they will lose 50% of the players because we can't play at a high end lvl with such a high ping, most APAC people will just move on to another game
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

DuckimusPrime
03.08.2013 , 02:08 AM | #2947
I think the situation is not so simply as some of you stated,merging the PvE-PvP-RP server is going to be very difficult if not impossible,RP players like PvE and PvP players have a totally different approach to the game,i know this because i`m playing in a PvE server and a RP as well,when in the first type of server the people are rushing to get the laterst gear and after get familiar with Flashpoints and Operations tend to skip every single dialoge and shortcut all the contents,the RP players take a more patient and slow approach to the game,and of course the PvP server tend to speed up things as well.
How many Flashpoints have you run on Gav Daragon?
Slow and patient approach? Maybe on the first time running them, or if someone is after the component that drops from a specific boss, otherwise its skip as much of the content as possible, spacebar through the cinematics and just get to the end for the dailies.

Well at least thats how they run on the Republic side.

Marshal_Ney
03.08.2013 , 04:33 AM | #2948
I have my commando lev 50 on Gav Daragon,name is Fixer,and i have some other level 50 on a PvE server,well,i can tell you that the RPer tend to be more patient running a FP than in a PvE server.
that is why i can compare.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

Marshal_Ney
03.08.2013 , 04:34 AM | #2949
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
And there we go,you still presume that every Asian/Pacific players prefer to move in a west coast server,if they will force me to move there i rather leave my character,some of us want to move to a European server.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

Thepainfairy
03.08.2013 , 03:15 PM | #2950
And there we go,you still presume that every Asian/Pacific players prefer to move in a west coast server,if they will force me to move there i rather leave my character,some of us want to move to a European server.
Euro servers? are you nuts? seriously the latency is so bad for Oceanic to Euro you would be at such a disadvantage.