Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darthnish
02.27.2013 , 11:24 PM | #2871
i have given up ]: **** it. cbf being lead on anymore.

Mowermanx
02.27.2013 , 11:38 PM | #2872
I just done a quick test, as you said, Gav showing standard and Dal is light.

4.20pm

Dalborra fleet imp, 52
Dalborra Kaas imp, 52
Dalborra fleet rep, 66
Dalborra coruscant rep, 60

Gav fleet rep, 16
Gav coruscant rep, 30

Dont have a imp high enough on gav, but you can see quite clearly the discrepancy.

craic_fox
02.28.2013 , 01:46 AM | #2873
Yes, this has been explained before. The population status is displayed relative to the capacity of the server .

Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
The population status is counted as percentages of the total server slots taken.
Let's say that Gav has 100 player slots. That means that 100 people can be online at the same time. If there's only 40 people on, it will be Standard Population.
However, Dalborra has 1000 player slots. If there's 250 players on, it says it's Light Population.

So the status actually tells you what % of the server slots are occupied, not how many people are online.

Tekkiez
02.28.2013 , 04:43 AM | #2874
not like Bioware / EA gives a rats but i'm cancelling my sub as of right now - its a damn shame that they can't get their act together and fix something that clearly can't be that bloody hard

so good work Bioware / EA - you've done a fantastic job of ruining what could of been and should of been the top MMORPG

Amlici
02.28.2013 , 06:14 AM | #2875
The way i see it you have a whole market in this part of the world that is being very poorly managed atm. I mean you guys haven't even really began to scratch the surface of the Asian market. Other companies are cashing in big time from this area and you seem to be doing the opposite.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

hamsel
02.28.2013 , 09:40 AM | #2876
When can we expect a proper response to this issue?

lucotas
02.28.2013 , 02:33 PM | #2877
Shame?
Working on my english.
PLEASE SUPORT THIS THREAD ABOUT ANIMAL MOUNTS!
Animal Mounts in the cartel market

Yndras
02.28.2013 , 03:27 PM | #2878
Quote: Originally Posted by Thepainfairy View Post
Not true. FYI I have toons on all 3. I'm not trying to be right I'm simply stating the obvious. Why do you think when you goto server selection like I just did now. GD is the only one on standard for population density when the other two are light.
What facts are you basing this on? You cannot merely dismiss a post that outlines numbers and data as incorrect without provide conflicting numbers or data.

You cannot be right as you cannot proove yourself right, all the above is, is a flimsy statement that has no context or substance of truth to it, other than reputation of your word.

And considering i have never seen your name around discussions like this, its not looking bright.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Silvers
03.01.2013 , 02:33 AM | #2879
A decision needs to be made, and promptly.

Because already guilds are making their own decisions and leaving. Waiting longer is only making it worse.
The Older Gamers
TOG Website TOROZ website

ikioi
03.01.2013 , 07:25 AM | #2880
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to make sure you were all aware that we have definitely not forgot about the APAC server concerns that all of you have. We are still very actively looking at all possible solutions and I will make sure that you are updated as soon as I have more information!

-eric
Sorry Eric but this isn't good enough.

How about providing us with a time frame on when a decision and action will be made by Bioware?

Bioware have had more then ample time by now to address this issue, yet alone come up with a solution. It's honestly pathetic how slow you've moved.

Its been months since Bioware acknowledged this issue. To date all you've done imho is string us on. No real information, no updates for months, no feedback as to what you're considering, no time frame by which action will be taken, nothing.

I honestly don't give a crap that you're 'aware of it', I want a time frame for resolution.

I'm about >< close to cancelling my sub for the second time. Absolutely pathetic how long it seems to take Bioware to do anything proactive for their community.