Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amlici
02.16.2013 , 12:15 AM | #2721
Quote: Originally Posted by Marshal_Ney View Post
I think you are totally wrong about one point,the people who came from the asian server and were forced to make new characters in a EU server because of the lack of content in the APAC server,have all the right to give their opinion.
i live in Japan,and i stili consider my main,a level 50 commando on Gav Daragon, i created this char because i want to do flashpoints,warzones,operations.
now after hitting 50 i realizes that i have to sit in front of the desk if i'm lucky at least 40 minutes before a simple flashpoint start,let's not even talk about operations,end of the story that my main is still wearing columi after months.
So i created two more characters on Red Eclipse,a EU server,even if the timezone is not good for me,i could in one month find a guild,bring both tons at 50 and one is wearing Dread Guard armour,the other is in a mix of campaign rakata.
This is because everytime in every hour of the day i can find something to do almost at once,warzones pops within 5 minutes,flashpoints within 10,and i could find a guild which raid oftern.
when i login there,which is still 14:00 p.m in Europe,there are already 3 instances in Repubblic Fleet,and 4 in the IF.
When i login in Gav Daragon,if i'm lucky i can see not more than 30 people in prime time.
Is this what i am pauing for? to sit hours in front of the computer waiting that a single flashpoint pops?
so you see? The point is not that we make other characters in EU server because we don't want to play in the APAC server,wevare forced to do so,we pay for social contents,and if they don't come you have three options,just sit on the computer without doing nothing in the asian server,unsub,or reroll other character in more populated server.
But you make feel like we are traitors,we are entitled to have our words like you.
i repeat myself,it would be great to play in a server where there is a similar timezone where i live,but i pn my humble opinion even if they will merge the 3 server,the population will still be tiny,plus the logistic problem to merge 3 differnet kind of server.
so yes Sir,i am entitled to vote here,and i ask to BioWare to allow us to transfer our APAC characters in the EU/US server.
they could even give us the option,which would be better,to move to a new APAC merged server or let us decide where to go.
Yes. There are alot of people that play this game for the community and not progression aswell. I am in a social guild myself. We are trying to promote the 'community' here. Which tbh is the best in any mmo ive played in. The RP server most players are there for RP.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Marshal_Ney
02.16.2013 , 12:21 AM | #2722
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
Yes. There are alot of people that play this game for the community and not progression aswell. I am in a social guild myself. We are trying to promote the 'community' here. Which tbh is the best in any mmo ive played in. The RP server most players are there for RP.
Even if we might share different ideas about the future of the APAC server,i think we both have our good reasons.
and your post shows respect for other opinions,which is the way it should be.
we just can't accept to be called "traitors" because we want to progress in game.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

Amlici
02.16.2013 , 12:26 AM | #2723
we just can't accept to be called "traitors" because we want to progress in game.
Yea well call me patriotic i don't care. Maybe that's my weakness but i see it as a strength.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

DuckimusPrime
02.16.2013 , 05:14 AM | #2724

So yes Sir,i am entitled to vote here,and i ask to BioWare to allow us to transfer our APAC characters in the EU/US server.
they could even give us the option,which would be better,to move to a new APAC merged server or let us decide where to go.
Yes, you are entitled to ask Bioware for the opportunity to transfer your APAC characters, just like how someone on a dead server in the US is entitled to ask Bioware about transferring to another server.

What this thread is trying to achieve is a solution to low population problems that plague APAC players. How is your request helping to provide a solution to this?

odonoghuet
02.16.2013 , 05:47 AM | #2725
So yes Sir,i am entitled to vote here,and i ask to BioWare to allow us to transfer our APAC characters in the EU/US server.
Here is the distinction, you are asking for transfers off these servers. Transfers are announced as coming. You have won. It is now a matter of complaining of the lack of progress in having the transfer system up and running sooner than the end of the year, a subject for one of the many other threads on the matter.

This whole thread and what Bioware has asked for in it, is for opinions on how to save these servers. If you want to question those opinions of those who say merge the server then wait a month before allowing transfers off, that is a place you can voice that is unfair. After all the players who are active on other servers with toons dorment on these servers and have no intention of returning are not going to be boosting the server population as they will mostly remain untouched till the transfers to the desired server are allowed. That is a rational arguement for transfers out if transfers in from outside APAC servers are allowed.

The reason you are stepping on toes by voicing your opinion without that context is that you are just saying I don't care about any other players, I just want what I am getting eventually anyway now. To you, merging or closing the servers is apparently meaningless, only that you get your transfer to your choice of server. Which is stated as coming.

We all know that Australia does not give good ping to the rest of the world, and we all know that the superservers in every other part of the world run with actual populations 24/7. We get that you have found a great home in such. I am even envious that you were able to make the call to cut what you had accomplished and redo it all again elsewhere for the better result. But what you are asking for is coming.

Your opinion is that APAC doesn't matter, only you do. How is Bioware supposed to use that opinion to save these dying servers?
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

entropicdecay
02.16.2013 , 08:12 PM | #2726
Back to page 1!

Please merge the 3 Oceanic servers, thanks Bioware!

swtordrz
02.16.2013 , 11:48 PM | #2727
Have not played in a few months due to the uncertainty of investing time on less than playable servers until an optimal solution is found, dare to dream.

Marshal_Ney
02.17.2013 , 01:14 AM | #2728
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
Here is the distinction, you are asking for transfers off these servers. Transfers are announced as coming. You have won. It is now a matter of complaining of the lack of progress in having the transfer system up and running sooner than the end of the year, a subject for one of the many other threads on the matter.

This whole thread and what Bioware has asked for in it, is for opinions on how to save these servers. If you want to question those opinions of those who say merge the server then wait a month before allowing transfers off, that is a place you can voice that is unfair. After all the players who are active on other servers with toons dorment on these servers and have no intention of returning are not going to be boosting the server population as they will mostly remain untouched till the transfers to the desired server are allowed. That is a rational arguement for transfers out if transfers in from outside APAC servers are allowed.

The reason you are stepping on toes by voicing your opinion without that context is that you are just saying I don't care about any other players, I just want what I am getting eventually anyway now. To you, merging or closing the servers is apparently meaningless, only that you get your transfer to your choice of server. Which is stated as coming.

We all know that Australia does not give good ping to the rest of the world, and we all know that the superservers in every other part of the world run with actual populations 24/7. We get that you have found a great home in such. I am even envious that you were able to make the call to cut what you had accomplished and redo it all again elsewhere for the better result. But what you are asking for is coming.

Your opinion is that APAC doesn't matter, only you do. How is Bioware supposed to use that opinion to save these dying servers?
I do understand your point,but still i don't think that my opinion in this case won't matter,and of course the other player who rerolled in other servers due to BioWare lack of initiative in this matter.
BioWare asked us an opinion between merging or transfer,and there you go,i expressed my vote in let us transfer.
plus the server transfer that will come in the future it will be not for free,here we are assisting in lot's of people that are unable to do many contents due to the dead server in our region.
of course the best option for us will be to let us decide,open a new Apac server,and let the people decide to move there or somewhere else.
anyway we keep debating about the APAC server,without having a single update from BioWare.
Honestly this whole situation is becoming pretty frustrating.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

Leweegibo
02.17.2013 , 03:16 AM | #2729
Just came to look for this thread, good to see its where it belongs.

sooooo server merge anyone?
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernaut

darthnish
02.17.2013 , 03:24 AM | #2730
Quote: Originally Posted by Leweegibo View Post
Just came to look for this thread, good to see its where it belongs.

sooooo server merge anyone?
you mean on the first page and still ignored by BW? aw yeah.