Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sankalp's Avatar


sankalp
02.12.2013 , 07:24 PM | #2651
Quote: Originally Posted by tiggyd View Post
"And are you going to compensate us for the money we have put into things on our current characters?"
That is exactly what I am talking about. The $ you have put into your character > community. Therefore, you don't want a community to partake in, you want more players to facilitate the growth of your character. You are a perfect example of the individualisation of communities in MMO's, and in the real world.
Comprehension is not strong in this one.
I am a perfect example of individualisation because I want value for the year of payments I have over the last year? All you have done is made an *** out of yourself by assuming I dont want a community to partake in. However, I am not willing to throw away a year worth of characters+money.

I dont know, maybe I have worked really hard at my characters rather than rolling around like a pansy trying to sell speeders or talk to myself like you do, so I value the characters I have more.

You have to understand that everything is subjective. If it was 1 month worth of moeny, yeh I would move. If it was 15 years worth of money, I could not give a damn about the community. ATM it is 1year and 2 months worth of money, so I want the best of both the worlds. Why cant I get value for money and a community to partake in at the same time like all the US and Euro do?

You are a perfect example of people who cant understand things but like to open their mouth, and I mean in real life, not while you play dressup with your character.

sankalp's Avatar


sankalp
02.12.2013 , 07:26 PM | #2652
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Yes, they need to transfer all the pve apac/oceanic players to the Harbinger server . Bastion should get the pvp and the Begeren Colony gets the rp players.
maybe you should stop making decisions for everyone and just tell us what your preferred solutions is?? Maybe its too difficult for you to understand that we want to stay together on a low ping server with people who mainly play in our prime time.

sankalp's Avatar


sankalp
02.12.2013 , 07:29 PM | #2653
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOuroborus View Post
I and my guild are on Gav Daragon and very happy. I do not want to be merged into any other server. Do not destroy Gav like you destroyed Vrook. I disagreed with this post. Forum posters can be very vocal, but they are not necessarily the voice of all players.
Is your guild The Azure Dawn something? because if it is, I know exactly where your sentiments come from. or should I say who

Knockerz's Avatar


Knockerz
02.12.2013 , 07:46 PM | #2654
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
maybe you should stop making decisions for everyone and just tell us what your preferred solutions is?? Maybe its too difficult for you to understand that we want to stay together on a low ping server with people who mainly play in our prime time.
Maybe you should realize that there aren't enough of you to support a single server without mixing rp, pvp, and pve servers. Thus, either BW makes a single server from the current servers, which will force mixing rp, pvp, and pve server players or merge those servers into their respective west coast server. If the later is the only solution well BW should not have made the APAC/Oceanic servers to begin due to the fact there was never a large enough population to support a apac/oceanic server or servers. Thus, a higher than usual ping is a fact of life for people who live in those zones that play on apac/oceanic servers.

Short answers:

You have two choices:

Merge all current APAC/Oceanic servers, which will mix rp, pvp, and pve server players.
Merge all current APAC/Oceanic servers with their current respective west coast server.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Thornsbane's Avatar


Thornsbane
02.12.2013 , 08:13 PM | #2655
Merge the servers!! We have great fun already on our 3 empty servers, all we need is a merge for more awesome and retain our community and ping!!

sankalp's Avatar


sankalp
02.12.2013 , 09:53 PM | #2656
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Maybe you should realize that there aren't enough of you to support a single server without mixing rp, pvp, and pve servers. Thus, either BW makes a single server from the current servers, which will force mixing rp, pvp, and pve server players or merge those servers into their respective west coast server. If the later is the only solution well BW should not have made the APAC/Oceanic servers to begin due to the fact there was never a large enough population to support a apac/oceanic server or servers. Thus, a higher than usual ping is a fact of life for people who live in those zones that play on apac/oceanic servers.

Short answers:

You have two choices:

Merge all current APAC/Oceanic servers, which will mix rp, pvp, and pve server players.
Merge all current APAC/Oceanic servers with their current respective west coast server.
Exactly. See how good it feels when you understand stuff. And ofc, you dont seem to be playing on the APAC servers so whatever you say is your "opinion".

At launch, APAC servers had a a wait time. This it self tells you that BW had enough people willing to pay them to play the game on APAC servers. I am not going to get into what led most of then to go away.

As for a higher ping being a way of life for us, A lot of people play this game because they offer us a low ping. so BW will loose more people if they force everyone to move to a US server.

We are requesting for a server merge to 1 APAC server, with an ability to transfer to those servers from US servers(for people that rerolled) follows by transfer off that single server later on(once people have had a change to give it a go) so that they can go to a US/EU server if they want to. Along with this, we want BW to make changes so that the RPers are not griefed(a lot /gg). implementing a /RP channel for chat should be enough. but if its not, then we can try and work on different ideas.

however, first of all we need BW to show us that they know we exist. And we also need people like you who have no business in the thread to take their rear elsewhere.

PurpleCliff's Avatar


PurpleCliff
02.12.2013 , 11:23 PM | #2657
Have there been any new little glimmers of hope in the past few weeks? It feels dark round here...
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

sankalp's Avatar


sankalp
02.13.2013 , 12:08 AM | #2658
Nope, its still SNAFU. Or should I say SUSFU

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
02.13.2013 , 12:46 AM | #2659
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
Is your guild The Azure Dawn something? because if it is, I know exactly where your sentiments come from. or should I say who
Sorry to disappoint you, I don't know who that person is. Maybe, just maybe, there are actually other people who think the same as me but are too afraid to speak up since they just get bullied by others here? I know of plenty who feel that way, and many more who just don't bother because of the constant whinging that happens here.

Also, please explain to me a solution that will stop people following groups of RPers and parking their mounts on top of us? Or spamming things like Force Quake under us? Love to know what your solution to that is...

Oh and please live up to your own example. You lambaste someone for providing an alternative solution (which frankly I support more than a mass merge) and tell them not to dictate a solution to us, yet you do the same to those who don't want to merge?
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
02.13.2013 , 01:17 AM | #2660
i will give you my first born legacy son for a transfer.