Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amlici's Avatar


Amlici
02.12.2013 , 12:12 AM | #2631
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Uhm are you dyslexic? The below results out of 98 respondents:

Are you for or against allowing free transfers to and from APAC servers?
For transfers to and from APAC servers . . . . 38.54% . . . . 37
For transfers too and among APAC servers only . . . . 21.88% . . . . 21
For transfers to 1 of the APAC servers only . . . . 22.92% . . . . 22
For transfers off APAC servers . . . . 6.25% . . . . 6
Against any transfers to or from APAC servers . . . . 10.42% . . . . 10
6% want transfers off APAC i don't see what your trying to say?
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

iheartnyc's Avatar


iheartnyc
02.12.2013 , 12:17 AM | #2632
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
6% want transfers off APAC i don't see what your trying to say?
Do you not know how to read?

"For transfers to and from APAC servers . . . . 38.54% . . . . 37"

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...orsurvey5.jpg/

A) For transfers to and from APAC servers: 38.78%
B) For transfers to and among APAC servers only: 21.43%

The survey presented the option of free transfers between APAC and US/European (see choice A), and transfers only among APAC (B).

I hope sometime soon, you're going to have that "oh **** I'm an idiot" moment and realize you completely missed the boat.

odonoghuet's Avatar


odonoghuet
02.12.2013 , 12:19 AM | #2633
Part of the issue is that server transfers are confirmed as coming. What is going to happen to APAC servers is silence.

Yes server transfers now would be wonderful for those people that want them and should be free when available to those stuck on these servers, but they are stated as coming for you who want to leave. (Admittedly it could be a while after all SGRs ended up taking way longer than predicted)

The answer we get when we crying out for *fixing* the APAC servers is waiting two months to get a 'Hi, we see there is a problem. What would you like us to do?' and another month of silence.

Meanwhile, the servers either lose more players or they switch to F2P and turn solo altist because F2P and Eldergame are not compatable. Alting is fine in this game, but it is not nearly as socially playable as Eldergame.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

Amlici's Avatar


Amlici
02.12.2013 , 12:26 AM | #2634
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Do you not know how to read?

"For transfers to and from APAC servers . . . . 38.54% . . . . 37"

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...orsurvey5.jpg/

A) For transfers to any from APAC servers: 38.78%
B) For transfers to and among APAC servers only: 21.43%

The survey presented the option of free transfers between APAC and US/European (see choice A), and only APAC transfers (B).

I hope sometime soon, you're going to have that "oh **** I'm an idiot" moment and realize you completely missed the boat.
I'm sure Bioware are going to let people transfer back and forth between the US and APAC all the time. It's either your here or your not. Plain and simple. 6% want to abandon us. That is a minority.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

iheartnyc's Avatar


iheartnyc
02.12.2013 , 12:36 AM | #2635
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
I'm sure Bioware are going to let people transfer back and forth between the US and APAC all the time. It's either your here or your not. Plain and simple. 6% want to abandon us. That is a minority.
Now you're hedging and changing your words. Just man up. 55.1% wanted to limit transfers to the APAC servers only, or not have transfers at all. The other 44.9% were open to the idea of transfers off APAC, i.e., abandoning you. And I bet 90% of that 55.1% were on Gav Dragon (see what I did there?).

Anyways, we've stuck around on that server for almost a year now and we've earned the right to at least ask for transfers.

Amlici's Avatar


Amlici
02.12.2013 , 12:43 AM | #2636
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Now you're hedging and changing your words. Just man up. 55.1% wanted to limit transfers to the APAC servers only, or not have transfers at all. The other 44.9% were open to the idea of transfers off APAC, i.e., abandoning you. And I bet 90% of that 55.1% were on Gav Dragon (see what I did there?).

Anyways, we've stuck around on that server for almost a year now and we've earned the right to at least ask for transfers.
I'm not going to get into number crunching anymore with you. The fact with transfers in this game is it's not like WoW where you can just flip around the world willy nilly (unless you play alot of alts). Your either with us or not. I am not hedging and changing my words at all. If you want to play on US then fine go. If you want to merge and make our community work then stay and make it work.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Darka's Avatar


Darka
02.12.2013 , 01:19 AM | #2637
Is TOR going to OZ PAX?
I highly doubt it since Oceania was an after thought for release, but if they do you can hit them up there

I think likely if anything post Chap 4 they may look at it, since if that does nothing I believe they will cut the losses and run closing the servers

tiggyd's Avatar


tiggyd
02.12.2013 , 01:40 AM | #2638
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
And are you going to compensate us for the money we have put into things on our current characters? BW is definitely not going to, so maybe you should give us your email address and we can all send receipts of Real money purchases which are so disposable to you.

As I said earlier, stop living in a pond. Everyone here has a community that they enjoy playing with. However, to stay at the top end of progression raiding etc, we dont have the population that will support raiding on 4 Alts every week. This is just me personally, I would love to Down TFB HM/EC NiM on all 4 of my toons every week, and for that I need more people as at the moment, its very hard on MDN to pug anything.

However, if you are happy with wiping on Operator some 4 months after release, and you consider flapping in your PJs and calling each other random names and selling speeders all day, then yeh you will be happy playing with the same 5 people all the time. But thats not what the majority of the community wants.

As has been said, Merge and give transfers so that you all can then transfer to the kids server so that people dont look at you wierd while you sell speeders.
"And are you going to compensate us for the money we have put into things on our current characters?"
That is exactly what I am talking about. The $ you have put into your character > community. Therefore, you don't want a community to partake in, you want more players to facilitate the growth of your character. You are a perfect example of the individualisation of communities in MMO's, and in the real world.

Evgen's Avatar


Evgen
02.12.2013 , 01:55 AM | #2639
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
Is TOR going to OZ PAX?
I highly doubt it since Oceania was an after thought for release, but if they do you can hit them up there

I think likely if anything post Chap 4 they may look at it, since if that does nothing I believe they will cut the losses and run closing the servers
Chapter 4? Do you mean the new expansion? That isn't chapter 4
Just another planet like Ilum with no class stories, just more of it.

I hope they don't close the servers, the survey I put together shows that more people will be happy with a merger than now, more indicated they'd return then quit, and if they merged there would be less overhead for running the APAC servers.
To me it's no brainer, merge the servers, allow people from US/EU servers to transfer too APAC, then a month later allow another free round of transfers to and from APAC after people have seen what the combined servers are like.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

TheOuroborus's Avatar


TheOuroborus
02.12.2013 , 02:06 AM | #2640
I and my guild are on Gav Daragon and very happy. I do not want to be merged into any other server. Do not destroy Gav like you destroyed Vrook. I disagreed with this post. Forum posters can be very vocal, but they are not necessarily the voice of all players.
Q'uo-daax 55 Shadow | Uma-ka 55 Sentinel | Lyralia 55 Commando | Zo-en 55 Scoundrel
Syaia 55 Marauder | Xto'en 55 Sorcerer | A'saj 55 Assassin
Ixa-sha 55 Mercenary | B'dia 55 Operative

Founder, Legacy 50 On Begeren Colony