Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ailie
02.07.2013 , 09:37 PM | #2541
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
No need to be passive-aggressive. Being vague and avoiding confrontation by side-stepping the points that people thoughtfully make in response to your claims really does nothing for you except alienating those who are trying to have a serious discussion on the topic..
Mate, I posted that because Wyrn made the comment that they needed to keep this topic on the front page but shameless bumping was against the terms of service, so needed to post meangingless dribble to keep it up the top of the pile.

But like I said, my post achieved it's objective, it kept people posting, despite the fact that everybody completely missed the point of why I did it.

As for everything else, see above post.
Meh...

iheartnyc
02.07.2013 , 09:44 PM | #2542
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Oh and in addition and contrary to popular belief, no I'm not delusional and am actually quite a nice person.

Thing is, I'm happy with how things are on Gav, I don't feel a need to mass merge the servers and I'm entitled to express that opinion.

Mass merging the servers would likely impact on my enjoyment of the game, again I'm entitled to express that and fight for my right to enjoy the game

I am also aware that there are a number of people who would simply prefer more people to play with, and good luck to you but I don't want that to impact on my enjoyment of the game by shifting me to a server I don't want to be on

I am also aware that a number of players on this server are not happy, and am acutely aware that for some of these people the reason they have trouble is because people actively avoid playing with them and simply suggest that perhaps if they made a bit more effort to be likeable they wouldn't encounter as many issues

So that's a summary of my position on these forums. You can all think whatever you want I really don't care, but frankly the more whinging and abuse people post here just drives more and more people away from the server.
You are not a nice person, get over yourself. You ARE delusional.

Read the thread title. "Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns" This is a thread created and maintained by our friends to get the attention of the developers, taking a lot of time and effort. And you just stroll in here trying to create an argument. You think the server is fine? Then make your own thread, don't crap all over the work of people who are trying to make a change.

And whether you did this intentionally or not, with every word you try to minimaliz/marginalize our concerns. Case in point:

"a number of people who would simply prefer more people to play with"

No. A MAJORITY of the players want a LOT MORE people to play with.

"a number of players on this server are not happy"

No. THE VAST MAJORITY of the players are not happy. MOST OF THEM HAVE ALREADY QUIT OR REROLLED. The few that are left, MOST OF THEM ARE NOT HAPPY.

"they made a bit more effort to be likeable"

Your solution to the above problems is that "we should just be more likeable?" LOL you are delusional.

iheartnyc
02.07.2013 , 09:48 PM | #2543
Mate, I posted that because Wyrn made the comment that they needed to keep this topic on the front page but shameless bumping was against the terms of service, so needed to post meangingless dribble to keep it up the top of the pile.

But like I said, my post achieved it's objective, it kept people posting, despite the fact that everybody completely missed the point of why I did it.

Get off your high horse. Don't even try to pretent that your objective is solely to keep people posting. Nothing you wrote indicates such an altruistic intent. Clearly it was a mix of expressing your dissatisfaction with our views/trolling/keeping this thread on top, with an emphasis on the former.

vian
02.07.2013 , 10:12 PM | #2544
I know nobody died and made me net-monitor, but could we please stop the abuse in this thread?

We all want an optimum gaming experience on the APAC server/s. We disagree on how to achieve that. We are not all going to get our way, and we don't know who is going to get what they want, much less what the effects of any change will be.

Calling people delusional on the one hand, and acting the martyr on the other, is not productive. It's in BW/EAs court now. They have our opinions, and they have their own set of parameters and requirements, and what happens is not going to be influenced by mud-slinging and behaviour that would lead to time-outs all around at a kindergarten.
Two blasters; no waiting!

MyPetMonkey
02.07.2013 , 10:28 PM | #2545
Oh and in addition and contrary to popular belief, no I'm not delusional and am actually quite a nice person.

Thing is, I'm happy with how things are on Gav, I don't feel a need to mass merge the servers and I'm entitled to express that opinion.

Mass merging the servers would likely impact on my enjoyment of the game, again I'm entitled to express that and fight for my right to enjoy the game

I am also aware that there are a number of people who would simply prefer more people to play with, and good luck to you but I don't want that to impact on my enjoyment of the game by shifting me to a server I don't want to be on

I am also aware that a number of players on this server are not happy, and am acutely aware that for some of these people the reason they have trouble is because people actively avoid playing with them and simply suggest that perhaps if they made a bit more effort to be likeable they wouldn't encounter as many issues

So that's a summary of my position on these forums. You can all think whatever you want I really don't care, but frankly the more whinging and abuse people post here just drives more and more people away from the server.
Could you be any more patronising Ailie?

Quote:
"am acutely aware that for some of these people the reason they have trouble is because people actively avoid playing with them and simply suggest that perhaps if they made a bit more effort to be likeable they wouldn't encounter as many issues".
Not everybody is so gosh darn prissy about who they play with Ailie. I'm sorry you have such a high screening process on who you deem acceptable to play with. I can play with anyone and generally never have a problem, I do so on the US servers. Not everyone needs your 4000 point questionnaire form and background checks approach to a simple game.

You are daft Ailie, no other word for it. You seem to think we don't have our own guilds? We do, and we acknowledge a problem. I know you are new to MMO's but when you have to pre-plan to do the basic features of a game, things aren't going well for the game.

I can't wait until they close the server down and you have to join a US or EU server because that's where my gut feeling says this is going. You won't cope but when you are transferred, perhaps if you make a bit more effort to be likeable you wouldn't encounter as many issues...

Darth_BobFifty
02.07.2013 , 11:37 PM | #2546
seriously the amount of abuse in the thread is ridicules if people cant express there own opinions without getting flamed for saying what the feel then whats the point of having this thread, you should all grow up and respect people's opinions even if you disagree with them.

Corsiero
02.08.2013 , 01:06 AM | #2547
I'm with Allie, first because I don't care much for server merges, two being I like my character's names, three because I value people who put effort into their names and not some crap xXxMaSsEfexl337xXx name, four because RPers are more interesting and mature to play with and five to piss off iheartnyc and his backers more.

iheartnyc
02.08.2013 , 01:19 AM | #2548
Honestly, you guys defending Allie need to step back and look at the BIG picture.

This thread originated by the very hard work and efforts of Chippy and a few others on this server after a long discussion on the Master Dar'nala server forums. If you have been following this thread (I highly doubht that you have been), you would see that a lot of time has been spent on researching the issue, coming up with statistics, contacting Bioware through every channel available many times for months on end.

To have somebody waltz in here without taking the time to even really read our concerns or address any of the numerous facts and statistics we have spent hours researching, and to flippantly state her own OPINIONS that everything is fine without addressing any of our concerns other than a "be nice, game is fine", and try to pass them off as FACT is disingenuous, thoughtless, and quite frankly insulting to the efforts of everyone who has contributed to trying to find a solution for a common problem, the genesis of which all started on Master Dar'nala.

You're all entitled to an opinion. But if you're going to respond to us and expect us to respect your opinion, then respond as peers, who have taken the same time and consideration in formulating your opinions as we have.

Amlici
02.08.2013 , 02:13 AM | #2549
I'm kinda getting the impression they aren't going to do any merge tbh. If they do it will be after the expansion once they have taken stock of their earnings and subscriptions from Rise of the Hutt Cartel.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

darthnish
02.08.2013 , 02:21 AM | #2550

i have interacted with ailie in game she gets along with others well till they piss her off which doesn't take long, not surprised her forum posts are off the same manner.