Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Transairion
02.04.2013 , 10:55 AM | #2451
I am assuming these are all gripes from the PvP and RP servers, right?

Dalborra (PvE) is not at all abandoned, and while it isn't spilling over into more than one instance at all, it is pretty comfortable. I'm not sure I'd appreciate logging on one day to find all 3 servers have been merged and I can't even get in any more due the lone server not handling the capacity of all three...

As long as that is not going to happen go for it, and if it's just a RP/PvP server merge... I don't care, go for it too :P

sankalp
02.04.2013 , 05:06 PM | #2452
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post

Dalborra (PvE) is not at all abandoned, and while it isn't spilling over into more than one instance at all, it is pretty comfortable. I'm not sure I'd appreciate logging on one day to find all 3 servers have been merged and I can't even get in any more due the lone server not handling the capacity of all three...

As long as that is not going to happen go for it, and if it's just a RP/PvP server merge... I don't care, go for it too :P
Way to think long term buddy.

If its a merge it will be all 3. Or its transfers in which case there is a good chance dalborra will become a graveyard as well.

Stop thinking about just yourself. Seeing what we have, I would prefer a 15 min wait in the que rather than not bring able to do anything. I am sure most of MDN will gladly agree with me there.

Banegio
02.04.2013 , 05:16 PM | #2453

30 mins queue to login everyday is nothing compare to 30 mins queue between each wz. Given the super-server tech, I highly doubt the apac population will exceed the server capacity, even after 3 merges into 1.

laz_AU
02.04.2013 , 05:34 PM | #2454

Well they've merged US servers and their tech seems to be holding up. I'm from Dalborra and while our population is not as terrible as the other 2 APAC servers it is far from fantastic nor anything like the US server pops. I believe the populations will continue to decline with ftp school and uni kids quitting over the school year and people just getting bored of the content in general. To combat this, mergers are neccessary
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

mrpayday
02.04.2013 , 05:57 PM | #2455
I really doubt you are going to get queues if all 3 servers are merged. The total population of PvP + RP servers is about half of Dalborra. You need some superoptimistic projection of everyone coming back from US servers and people resubbing to get close to full.

Leweegibo
02.04.2013 , 06:41 PM | #2456
Yeh logged into old Harbinger character the other day and there were 250 x3 instances on republic fleet.
...we will have no issue
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Evgen
02.04.2013 , 06:59 PM | #2457

Seeing as 80-85% of the APAC population wants to merge the servers, most people on all the servers want to merge, the RP group wants it the least.

I'm guessing you mostly do 50 or PVP content? You can't tell me you can get groups for sub 50 FP and heroics easily can you?
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

DaftVaduhhh
02.04.2013 , 07:01 PM | #2458
Quote: Originally Posted by mrpayday View Post
I really doubt you are going to get queues if all 3 servers are merged. The total population of PvP + RP servers is about half of Dalborra. You need some superoptimistic projection of everyone coming back from US servers and people resubbing to get close to full.
Speaking of superoptimistic... the highest pop right now is the RP server.

If we're going to talk about fanciful figures from the past, MDN was no slouch in the months after launch, and was in fact the most popular server. That everyone left reflects how bad the PvP is/was/will be for the foreseeable future.
Daftvaduhh - 55 Shadow - GM of <Beyond Redemption> (The Harbinger)
La-femme - 55 Sage, Woklobster - 55 Guardian, Opfreely - 55 Sentinel
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger

mrpayday
02.04.2013 , 07:45 PM | #2459
Quote: Originally Posted by DaftVaduhhh View Post
Speaking of superoptimistic... the highest pop right now is the RP server.

If we're going to talk about fanciful figures from the past, MDN was no slouch in the months after launch, and was in fact the most popular server. That everyone left reflects how bad the PvP is/was/will be for the foreseeable future.
RP server isn't the highest pop. It just says standard every time 20 people are on fleet.

lorelthesecond
02.04.2013 , 07:57 PM | #2460
Quote: Originally Posted by mrpayday View Post
RP server isn't the highest pop. It just says standard every time 20 people are on fleet.
Wrong it is the highest pop server the planets are full of players and I joined a guild there the other day that had over 50 people online in just this one guild!

Not everyone hangs around fleet you know.