Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sankalp's Avatar


sankalp
01.31.2013 , 07:07 PM | #2421
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
The survey is finished. Due to a lack of foresight on my part it was limited to 100 responses.
You can see the results here

I have found a better site with out the limitations the previous one had, and I'm up for any suggestions to improve the survey if there is any interest in running another one.
less questions

1) merge - yes/no

2) if merge happes will you play - on merged server/on a different server when transfers come/not at all

3) if merge does not happen will you play - on same server as now/ on a differet server when transfers come/ not at all

OGsam's Avatar


OGsam
01.31.2013 , 08:19 PM | #2422
I took the survey, but it was very generalising and IMO not exactly an effective questionnaire. The sort of poll that would benefit us right now is one that would narrow down to a single vote for an option (there's many listed in this thread) that one would see as the solve to the APAC problem.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Evgen's Avatar


Evgen
01.31.2013 , 09:53 PM | #2423
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
I took the survey, but it was very generalising and IMO not exactly an effective questionnaire. The sort of poll that would benefit us right now is one that would narrow down to a single vote for an option (there's many listed in this thread) that one would see as the solve to the APAC problem.
There is no solution that will please everyone. Many peoples wishes are diametrically opposed.
Because of the variety of questions we know more about how the different groups of players feel about a merger and transfers. It definitely could have been done better, I admit. I wanted to change things as soon as I launched it.

If anyone wants to know some certain specific data let me know. (seeing what those who choose a certain response feel about other questions for example)

There was only one duplicate IP in the 100 responses, and the responses were quite different, so I think it wasn't in fact the same person.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
01.31.2013 , 09:58 PM | #2424
Getting 100 responses is good to start with, it's a shame you can't gather more.
Meh...

SgtKatharn's Avatar


SgtKatharn
01.31.2013 , 11:24 PM | #2425
How about these for servey questions:
what server are you on?
do you want a server merge?
Why do you want/not want a server merge?
And put multi selection boxes for all the reasons for and against. eg. loss of charater name, DH's from other servers, loss of server type, increase in player base etc.
Four One Nine
Empire Squadron 419 Guild
Moving to The Harbinger if closures go a head Sign the Petition

Leweegibo's Avatar


Leweegibo
01.31.2013 , 11:45 PM | #2426
how about bioware make a survey with the questions they want answered.

...or they just read the thread and take action...
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Evgen's Avatar


Evgen
02.01.2013 , 01:09 AM | #2427
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtKatharn View Post
How about these for servey questions:
what server are you on?
do you want a server merge?
Why do you want/not want a server merge?
And put multi selection boxes for all the reasons for and against. eg. loss of charater name, DH's from other servers, loss of server type, increase in player base etc.
I had thought of some of those points, most after the fact Last survey I was limited to 10 questions. Sorry, might be just out of it today . . . DH?

Quote: Originally Posted by Leweegibo View Post
how about bioware make a survey with the questions they want answered.

...or they just read the thread and take action...
The thing is everyone is saying different things. The goal is to make the most people happy, and inconvenience the fewest people as little as possible.
One problem is that people as a whole really don't know what we want. I'm very curious about the psychology behind what makes an MMORPG popular. Grinding for example, without some level of grinding, things seem to easy, and rewards less . . . rewarding
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

frose's Avatar


frose
02.01.2013 , 02:53 AM | #2428
The only solution to the dwindling populations is a server merge.

US transfers will result in the servers being ghost towns. Oceanic transfers will result in all but one server being a ghost town.

Doing nothing will result in people continuing to quit the game/leaving for US servers.

Bioware already knows that this is the only solution, why else would they have done it for the US servers. Every other MMO has also resorted to server merges when their games populations were dwindling.

I'm sure those players reluctant to a merge would quickly realize the benefits once it happens...

Transfers should also be provided after the merge to appease those who might prefer not to have a merge. The transfers should not just be limited to Oceanic characters however, they should be opened up to US characters to transfer to the newly merged server so that Oceanic players who re-rolled on US servers due to dwindling populations can come back.
Swashbuckler

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
02.01.2013 , 04:05 AM | #2429
Quote: Originally Posted by frose View Post
The only solution to the dwindling populations is a server merge.

US transfers will result in the servers being ghost towns. Oceanic transfers will result in all but one server being a ghost town.

Doing nothing will result in people continuing to quit the game/leaving for US servers.

Bioware already knows that this is the only solution, why else would they have done it for the US servers. Every other MMO has also resorted to server merges when their games populations were dwindling.

I'm sure those players reluctant to a merge would quickly realize the benefits once it happens...

Transfers should also be provided after the merge to appease those who might prefer not to have a merge. The transfers should not just be limited to Oceanic characters however, they should be opened up to US characters to transfer to the newly merged server so that Oceanic players who re-rolled on US servers due to dwindling populations can come back.
Best solution imo, makes everyone happy, i want transfers out , but im getting to see what its like with a super server, regardless ill still transfer out cause of ping issues but some pople might stay.

SgtKatharn's Avatar


SgtKatharn
02.01.2013 , 06:34 AM | #2430
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
I had thought of some of those points, most after the fact Last survey I was limited to 10 questions. Sorry, might be just out of it today . . . DH?
or to put it politely Trolls
Four One Nine
Empire Squadron 419 Guild
Moving to The Harbinger if closures go a head Sign the Petition