Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GHoppa
01.18.2013 , 02:57 AM | #2181
I feel for ignacity.

He wants to play where he wants to play. Regardless of what happens on the APAC servers, he is happy where he is, and does not want to leave his friends just to play on an old legacy. This is more than fair enough.

I'm in the same position. Alot of my APAC friends on the Bastion now are also feel the same way. While the majority here want mergers, people who post on the forums make up a very small portion of the player base. And generally a very vocal one. Why should the quiet people not be entitled to play where they want?

The reality is, there are alot of other people that feel the same as us, just not here posting. And lets be honest, there is still alot of people here asking for transfers. Some will play on the super server, others wont. What is your problem with them with consolidating there legacy wher ethey want to play?

My last point would be, is that if you have to artifically inflate numbers on a server by forcing people to go there, or not giving them the option to move, if that is the only reason they will play there, then it wont last regardless. After a month or two they will leave being unfulfilled the same as before.

If EA/Bio wants to hold onto as many subs as they can, they will allow a tranfers.

HyperThomas
01.18.2013 , 03:21 AM | #2182
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.
You useless ****tards

Did it really take you this long (4-5 months now?) to type up this post? To finally admit you have no solution to the problem... bit slow you *********** *******.

Don't tell us you are being honest with us, you have lied to every single one of us every time you post on this issue.

I'll start with
Quote:
...Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days...
TWO WEEKS LATER:
Quote:
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

As a reminder, please remember to follow forum guidelines within this thread.

Thank you.
Well thank you very much for that useless response... pretending to care... wow

Quote:
Jeff and our team wanted to be able to talk about the topic in his address and now you have the latest on our plans
(Posted a month after previous post and just after the state of game update)
The state of the game update says nothing about your plans... You never had plans, You STILL DON'T have plans and it has been 5 months.

Now this post... over 2 and a half months later... is this all you can give us after that much waiting... "We are handing it over to you"
Wow, just wow... Did you guys think of that overnight or over your poorly earned holiday period?

During these last few months your useless company has worked on a ton of crap like that Companion 101 ******** and Meet the Developers.
You've even taken the time to show off Community Screenshots.

Yet you have failed to fix the most serious of problems, a failing server... a failing community... a failing MMO.

Community Management = Useless

I know it's not your fault Joveth, I know you want to do something about it, I know it's the company in charge of you. EVERYONE KNOWS.

The rage was not directed at you personally, rather the pathetic excuse for a company that you work for... You are the scape goat.

This post came far too late and is just full of more useless ********... your company is a piece of ****, your game is a piece of ****, your cartel market is a piece of ****... please ban me now.

I am already un-subbed.

**** all of you in high management at EA/BW... **** you all...
Have a nice day.
Chilastra - SWG
Master Dar’Nala
Ciraf - Justin Biebs

Obirayy
01.18.2013 , 03:25 AM | #2183
Quote: Originally Posted by GHoppa View Post
I feel for ignacity.

He wants to play where he wants to play. Regardless of what happens on the APAC servers, he is happy where he is, and does not want to leave his friends just to play on an old legacy. This is more than fair enough.

I'm in the same position. Alot of my APAC friends on the Bastion now are also feel the same way. While the majority here want mergers, people who post on the forums make up a very small portion of the player base. And generally a very vocal one. Why should the quiet people not be entitled to play where they want?

The reality is, there are alot of other people that feel the same as us, just not here posting. And lets be honest, there is still alot of people here asking for transfers. Some will play on the super server, others wont. What is your problem with them with consolidating there legacy wher ethey want to play?

My last point would be, is that if you have to artifically inflate numbers on a server by forcing people to go there, or not giving them the option to move, if that is the only reason they will play there, then it wont last regardless. After a month or two they will leave being unfulfilled the same as before.

If EA/Bio wants to hold onto as many subs as they can, they will allow a tranfers.
It's just that what they want is not in direct link with what we are trying to deal with, he left the APAC servers because of the population. We are fixing that so come back and join us, if not then keep doing what you're doing. Stop asking for extra stuff.

There are no problems with where he is now but since this thread is here trying to fix APAC servers he thought he would take a chance to get his toons OFF the APAC servers. It just doesn't seem right

EDIT: his problem is different and will be addressed with bioware making transfers this year
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Ignicity
01.18.2013 , 03:30 AM | #2184
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
It's just that what they want is not in direct link with what we are trying to deal with, he left the APAC servers because of the population. We are fixing that so come back and join us, if not then keep doing what you're doing. Stop asking for extra stuff.

There are no problems with where he is now but since this thread is here trying to fix APAC servers he thought he would take a chance to get his toons OFF the APAC servers. It just doesn't seem right

EDIT: his problem is different and will be addressed with bioware making transfers this year
You have no *********** idea what you're talking about.

Leweegibo
01.18.2013 , 03:43 AM | #2185
guh, go away (yes yes i see the irony)
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Thornsbane
01.18.2013 , 03:45 AM | #2186
Quote: Originally Posted by GHoppa View Post
I feel for ignacity.

Ya so do I, but paid transfers is not what this thread is about.

The rest of the world did not get transfers when their servers merged. Ig is just trying to get extra because of the emotional pain caused by BW's slow response.

Anyway, I hope there is a way you guys can get all your toons onto the servers you want soon. Its just that this thread is not about that and its off topic.

Ignicity
01.18.2013 , 03:50 AM | #2187
In that case.

I don't want server mergers any more. Close 'em down and let us transfer our toons to US servers in another 12 months.

See. I can disregard other peoples predicaments, place my own circumstances above everyone else's, and act like a douche when people don't agree with me, too..

Obirayy
01.18.2013 , 04:10 AM | #2188
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
In that case.

I don't want server mergers any more. Close 'em down and let us transfer our toons to US servers in another 12 months.

See. I can disregard other peoples predicaments, place my own circumstances above everyone else's, and act like a douche when people don't agree with me, too..
This is a valid suggestion. Happy to add it to the box

Although its not my preference it's still an option.
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Ignicity
01.18.2013 , 04:14 AM | #2189
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
This is a valid suggestion. Happy to add it to the box

Although its not my preference it's still an option.
Add it to what box?

Like you're the grand poobah.

Prester-John
01.18.2013 , 04:16 AM | #2190
I would like to able to move my characters from MDN to a larger population (combined) Aus server with the rest of my guild. I don't care if it's PvP or not, as long as it's a local server.