Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nerfington
01.17.2013 , 07:20 PM | #2151
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
Or just Big Gav.
Oh please do this Bioware, it is so Australian that it hurts.

banehammer
01.17.2013 , 07:37 PM | #2152
Quote: Originally Posted by Nerfington View Post
Oh please do this Bioware, it is so Australian that it hurts.
^^ hahahah
Endoor | Guardian Jedi's have grenades now
Noxali | Sorcerer Storming to the light side like a traitor
HARBRINGER

Leweegibo
01.17.2013 , 07:38 PM | #2153
haha spot on
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Ignicity
01.17.2013 , 07:56 PM | #2154
Joveth,

Now that you guys are back to making it look like you're flooding the forums with official feedback, how about answering this quoted question before we have to continuously bump this thread for another 3 months?

Quote: Originally Posted by Stratasha View Post
One thing that I'd like to know I'd how long will this additional period of feedback to Bioware last before they take action?

The thread's already pretty huge and it seems as though the major ideas on how to proceed have been discussed pretty thoroughly. I just hope that this doesn't drag on for months and months again.

Esno
01.17.2013 , 08:04 PM | #2155
Quote: Originally Posted by banehammer View Post
^^ This.

Allow choice of server transfers. It's such a simple solution, would make so many people happy, and it's a service that ALL other MMO's (as far as I'm aware...) provide.

Don't even care if you charge $ for it. Just open up server transfers please!

(Personally I'd bring my mains to Harbringer, US. That server be a rockin' )
And crashing alot over last month or so lol, not to mention ques during their prime time
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

Claprica
01.17.2013 , 08:07 PM | #2156
Or just Big Gav.
yes.jpg!
Azealiab - Shadow || Glasskannon - Sage || Tatonkabill - Sentinel Master Dar'Nala Server

OGsam
01.17.2013 , 08:12 PM | #2157
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
Joveth,

Now that you guys are back to making it look like you're flooding the forums with official feedback, how about answering this quoted question before we have to continuously bump this thread for another 3 months?
It seems all that had constructive feedback have given it, there's a number of obvious solutions on the table, all of which are much better than our current situation, I concur with this fine gentleman/lady.
Staunchy - GM of <Toxic>
Harbinger

Antiskeptic
01.17.2013 , 08:12 PM | #2158
Or just Big Gav.
Most Bogan thing I've ever heard. Plz just call it something Star wars like.
//

Psyclic
01.17.2013 , 08:31 PM | #2159
My opinion is this:

This needs to be a multi-optioned move. I would like to see the following
1. Free transfers to USA server for those that do not want to merg. They would need to move prior to the merg to reduce any double move technical issues
2. Merg all remain players onto a new server OR onto Dalborra.

My preference would be to see people moved to Dalborra but that is probably because I am already there To make this an even playing field I think the way that the final move of US players to the Super Servers was done is the most equitable way to do things so basically create a new APAC super server. Those that do not wish to be moved then also have the option of being transferred to a USA server.
<Reverence> Dalborra
Psyclic | Saerah | Seelah | Zi'Lanna | Chartre | Vires
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

sabbey
01.17.2013 , 09:58 PM | #2160
Quote: Originally Posted by Tom_the_Narwhal View Post
This is one thing I have noticed with RP players posting in these threads so far. They are very set in their ways and don't like anything that doesn't conform to their RP community.

There comes a point where the livelihood of a game outweighs the necessity of strict RP rules within 1 sub-community of the game. For example If merging into a PvE server meant I couldn't go and gank lvl 30s on my lvl 50 so be it. I really don't mind all that much losing a small part of the game for a much larger population and/or quality of game play improvement, and I expect others to feel the same. If they don't they are being extremely self-centered and selfish.
I think this applies to everyone though, regardless if they are on a PvE, PvP or RP server... I get the feeling reading this thread that nothing BioWare does will be looked by some as for the betterment of the game. The option of merging of all three is the best option I think, and depending on the financial aspects to the costs of running one, two or three servers I can see BioWare just deciding to shut these down and do a force merge to NA or EU servers... I mean really if they will get flak no matter what they do it will most likely give them the push to do just that unfortunately. Hoping to be wrong in any case!

Anyway, some compromise is surely needed on everyone's part and hope to see this resolved sooner than later.