Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Jay-
01.17.2013 , 04:49 PM | #2131
Quote: Originally Posted by craic_fox View Post
The MD crowd is pushing for a merge because a bigger crowd benefits their playstyle.
What dribble. Keep digging that hole.

MD players want people to play with.

orpheus
01.17.2013 , 04:49 PM | #2132
Quote: Originally Posted by Zevrad View Post
Okay, I've come in late, and don't really know what's going on - but I'm playing on an oceanic server. What's the problems plaguing the Oceanic servers? Just in general?

Personally, I had terrible latency issues through my router, HOWEVER, I then port-forwarded, and my latency has been 30ms max ever since, which is wonderful.

I don't think people should have to port forward to solve their problems though.
the problem is the server poulations are low on all the APAC servers compared to the US/EU servers

-Jay-
01.17.2013 , 04:56 PM | #2133
Quote: Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
the problem is the server poulations are low on all the APAC servers compared to the US/EU servers
Try, MDN is so low their is only a few guilds left that are able to make up numbers for operations. 16 man ops just don't happen anymore. PVP queues go for hour or more during the day, flashpoint queues don't pop during the day.

Many people in my guild log in and they are either the only person online sometimes or one of a few people. Its freaking scary bad.

Stratasha
01.17.2013 , 04:59 PM | #2134
One thing that I'd like to know I'd how long will this additional period of feedback to Bioware last before they take action?

The thread's already pretty huge and it seems as though the major ideas on how to proceed have been discussed pretty thoroughly. I just hope that this doesn't drag on for months and months again.
It's like one of those mechanical bulls, except it's not really a mechanical bull

PurpleCliff
01.17.2013 , 05:09 PM | #2135
Quote: Originally Posted by Stratasha View Post
One thing that I'd like to know I'd how long will this additional period of feedback to Bioware last before they take action?

The thread's already pretty huge and it seems as though the major ideas on how to proceed have been discussed pretty thoroughly. I just hope that this doesn't drag on for months and months again.
Ditto. There's been far too long between each of BioWare's responses, this should be finished with.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Roalmo
01.17.2013 , 05:12 PM | #2136
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
Ditto. There's been far too long between each of BioWare's responses, this should be finished with.
Well, they waited til after the FTP thing.

Then they waited til after the "holidays".

What's next? After Makeb?

romulusrwolf
01.17.2013 , 05:20 PM | #2137
Quote: Originally Posted by brrr View Post
The option I want is the what Antiskeptic is proposing I believe he has it right on what most players will do.

First a forced merge of all 3 servers into an oceanic super server. Then a month after offer a 2 week window for transfers to US PvP or RP servers for those who are completely unhappy with the new arrangement. This will give the best chance for the communities to stay together and those who hate it completely can just leave.

And again I'll reiterate don't offer transfer to random servers as people will take them and it won't solve the population issues for the remaining players in Oceania. Trying to keep these communities together for the most part is best for all.
+1

Looking forward to some changes, thanks for listening devs.
Spi'r - 50 Immortal Juggernaut
Alsa - 50 Corruption Sorcerer
Amiatyror - 21 Sharpshooter Gunslinger

Zevrad
01.17.2013 , 05:20 PM | #2138
Playing on GD, a returning subscriber, I guess I don't see it as much since I'm still just leveling everyone (and enjoying it) - that said, it's a bit disappointing to try and queue for something, and then realising it's a wasted effort.

As a player, there's nothing I love more than seeing new players enter the game, and I suppose the current state of them isn't ideal to say to new people "Wow, look how alive and popping it is here, you should hang out for a while!"

I vote some kind of SUPER-SERVER.

Leweegibo
01.17.2013 , 05:33 PM | #2139
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Well, they waited til after the FTP thing.

Then they waited til after the "holidays".

What's next? After Makeb?
Sure hope not, imagine the hive of activity that would come with a spanky new "super" server when Makeb arrives.
We might actually have the MM part back in MMORPG
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernaut

Banegio
01.17.2013 , 05:43 PM | #2140
Quote: Originally Posted by Zevrad View Post
Playing on GD, a returning subscriber, I guess I don't see it as much since I'm still just leveling everyone (and enjoying it) - that said, it's a bit disappointing to try and queue for something, and then realising it's a wasted effort.

As a player, there's nothing I love more than seeing new players enter the game, and I suppose the current state of them isn't ideal to say to new people "Wow, look how alive and popping it is here, you should hang out for a while!"

I vote some kind of SUPER-SERVER.
Nice to see more RP players from GD voicing their support of server merge.