Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jarlgon
09.25.2012 , 07:03 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Took them almost a month to fix connection problems didn't it? You expect less time for mergin'? Took them 4 months for first merges, 3 for second merges(in the weird world, Europe/US), so we can expect .. what 2 months if we're lucky?
its alreay been 4 months since the population of the APAC servers have been suggesting either a merge or transfer service because of low population.

scullzomben
09.25.2012 , 07:46 PM | #202
1.4 tonight. Are we getting our extra slots tonight Joveth?

Evgen
09.25.2012 , 10:30 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.
I hope you know we are going to be expecting 12 slots tonight. Seems like the "next opportunity"
And time is running out on the few days to evaluate the Oceanic server populations.

Evgen
09.25.2012 , 10:32 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
its alreay been 4 months since the population of the APAC servers have been suggesting either a merge or transfer service because of low population.
Also we know they have the technology to do all the transfers, we don't have the hardware for a mega server I guess, but the sad thing is I don't think we need one. Merge now, upgrade to mega server later before F2P if you feel it's necessary.

Cheezfriend
09.25.2012 , 11:07 PM | #205
Hey all

So it's been nearly a week since this post was made. We have had over 200 replies and 10000 views. I think this has sent a very strong message to bioware that our community can't be ignored. I think the majority of the small APAC community has supported character transfers or server merge which is great

We can only hope the extra character slots are implemented with 1.4. I don't think 1.4 will bring many players back, especially with Panda Bears just launching.

I have been AFK for the past few days and really am looking forward to logging in but I'm not holding my breath for population size to be half decent. I would be thrilled if suddenly we became a super server tonight with the patch but there has been no indication of this, but then again anything can happen!!!

If it doesn't happen tonight, I think APAC population issues should be number 1 on biowares agenda. Their decision is crucial and will have a MASSIVE impact on the game one way or the other.

Let's see what happens tonight

<3 Chippy

darthnish
09.26.2012 , 12:01 AM | #206
well its nice to see that the APAC members are very invested in this game, as with the popularity of this thread, hopefully we get what we have been asking for ^^

Thepainfairy
09.26.2012 , 12:51 AM | #207
They got 1 month in my book to do something or at least give us a reason why they won't, after that I will delete all toons, remove game and go play GW2, I'd rather stay here but won't if they gona waste my time further.

Sildanar
09.26.2012 , 01:09 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
I hope you know we are going to be expecting 12 slots tonight. Seems like the "next opportunity"
And time is running out on the few days to evaluate the Oceanic server populations.
Read this again..

"Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days."

Evaluating does not mean acting upon..

They need and should evaluate AND THEN act upon... you only got the time frame for the first bit.

Reading comprehenson ftw.
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

ChELiOS_
09.26.2012 , 04:36 AM | #209
My sub is up shortly and I'll not be renewing. With the decline in population this game isn't viable or enjoyable for me. Bioware needs to give us the option of transferring, or at the very least, merging us with a higher population server.
As paying customers I think we need to expect more from Bioware to be honest. Do they want our money?
If the answer to that is yes then you would think they would be doing more to keep their customers happy.

Lets face it. What players are left on the server are probably the most die-hard loyalists to the game.
How long do you think they can weather a population drought? I'll wager that it isn't too much longer.

Bioware, please perform a merge or let us transfer to the PVE server.

To Chippy. Thanks for sticking up for us.

DarthBrundleFLY
09.26.2012 , 04:48 AM | #210
While I am all for server merges to enhance population and breathe new life into the game I will unsubscribe if I loose my toons names in any upcoming merger.

I already have lost my main toons name in the server transfer to the Australian servers to a player who no longer plays and will not continue to subscribe should it happen to me again. (I had all my names place held on the Aussie servers the minute they went live, (20 min earlier than the time they said) but as I had 8 toons I had to delete the placeholders in order to be transferred...which I held off doing to the last possible moment during which someone took my mains name)

I have sent multiple tickets in requesting the name back only to be told they sympathise but someone else has the name and while they are not currently subscribed they may come back and don't wish to upset them...which I find immensely funny as they have no problem upsetting me a loyal subscriber since launch, purchasing the collector's edition to get early access so I could get the names I wanted.