Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Obirayy
01.16.2013 , 07:59 PM | #2021
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
O M F G

Thanks for the apology for ignoring us, trying to sweep this under the carpet by banning forum members who spoke out about this. Thanks for apologizing about the total lack of communication you're company has decided to take on this issue.

Wait, something just occurred to me. You didn't apologize for $#!?

Thanks for nothing.

Here's the dialogue you so eagerly want now:
Free Manual Transfers to any server we wish ASAP... like yesterday!!
This is the BS entitlement I was talking about.

I said it before, this isn't a chance for everyone to milk this and try to get what they want, we are just trying to solve the problem of low population on APAC servers.

I'm still suggesting 3x server merge!
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

OGsam
01.16.2013 , 08:05 PM | #2022
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.
I personally would like to see all 3 AP servers merged into one.

Master Dar'Nala is in desperate need of change. Whether it's a merge of all 3 AP servers and in that we become a "PVE" (or RP) server, A transfer service is offered throughout the AP region or we're shut down and transferred back to the US servers. All of those options are highly beneficial and would vastly improve our in game experience.

The best advice I can offer is that doing nothing is the worst possible thing that can be done.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Ignicity
01.16.2013 , 08:08 PM | #2023
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
This is the BS entitlement I was talking about.

I said it before, this isn't a chance for everyone to milk this and try to get what they want, we are just trying to solve the problem of low population on APAC servers.

I'm still suggesting 3x server merge!
go **** ********!

I'm entitled to my BS entitlement.

I was here at launch- rolled on the swiftsure.

Waited 3+months to get OUR official launch.

Population died on every server.

They merged to super servers for every server that wasn't oceanic.

They ignored us repeatedly.

We wait 6 months for a hint of any action.

Then, they have the audacity to not even apologize for it.

They got my 2 cents, I threw in another 3 cents for free!

DaftVaduhhh
01.16.2013 , 08:13 PM | #2024
Started trying to read the last eight pages and gave up a little bit for the sake of my day. Sorry all!

I think really consolidation is in order because:

- It maintains the low pings everyone loves
- It saves money on hardware for BioWare/EA AU (assuming there's a rental element)

What I don't think any one has touched on is what consolidation means and doesn't necessarily mean. Can we get a dev in here to explain how the server processes different phases of the same planet/instance, and how pvp flag rules can be applied in combination with that?

Additionally, I would like to hear about voluntary instance changes and instance limits for things like Fleet. Cheers!

rhakoth
01.16.2013 , 08:24 PM | #2025
I would like server transfers please to a destination of our choosing so I can consolidate my old toons with my new re-rolled toons =)

Spinikar
01.16.2013 , 08:30 PM | #2026
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.
Thanks Joveth for reply. Its nice to know this issue hasn't been shelved like we starting to think.

I know the task before you isn't an easy one, and you won't be able to please every one. However, to throw in my thoughts on the matters, I think the best result will come with a free open transfer to selected servers (maybe both PvE and PvP serves in Australia, and some in West US) This will allow the Players to choose for themselves whats best for their experience in playing the game.

Once the players have settled back down after a month or so, onto which ever servers that may be (Mostly the APAC PvE server from what most players have said) we can then re-address if the other server are worth keeping.

Just to add some weight, I head up the Four One Nine on MDN with about 20 active members (we have more but they are log on rarely due to the server pop issue) After a recent Poll within our guild, if server migration are allowed, the entire guild will move to Dalborra.

As I stated earlier, I know the decision is not an easy one, and it will take time. We understand that. But the silence has to stop. We need dialogue otherwise we will just keep losing players, and this thread will keep spiraling into chaos with very disgruntled players.

Thanks,

Spiniakr - Four One Nine guild Leader
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Rincewend
01.16.2013 , 08:33 PM | #2027
Quote: Originally Posted by drosalion View Post
At the very least, merge the PVP & PVE servers. Make the ruleset PVE - open world PVP is virtually non-existant in this game, and anyone can just flag themself for PVP if they want.

As for the RP server, I'm unsure about its population. If its fine, leave it as is. If its not fine then merge all 3 servers together. Again, PVP can be flagged if wanted, and RP can be done in different chat channels too.
I rerolled on a PVE server, and to be honest, when I want to PVP I flag myself (and get about the same amount of PVP action I did on a PVP server). As for RP's well even the server I am on now (not a RP server) has guilds that are RP'ing. So I see no real drawback of putting everyone on one server. Most servers are a mix already. Sure people complain about being ganked for the HK part, but they were complaining about that on pvp servers too.

GHoppa
01.16.2013 , 08:33 PM | #2028
Quote: Originally Posted by cuttothechase View Post
This bit is plain wrong but thanks for taking it upon yourself to speak for me

Back in a heartbeat if it's a merge
Yeah, i'm sure you will stick around there too after a few months when u realize the pvp situation is exactly the same, just a bigger population for pve.

I mean, thats why you still play there and never left, right?

/sarcasm

On a serious note, thats why used the word 'generally' in my post. Didn't mean for you to take offense

The real issue is nothing is going to be any different there for pvp. So, people will just end up going back to the Bastion. Why delay the inevitable, just give everyone as many options as possible now. That includes transfers to west coast servers and mergers/offering transfers to 1 APAC server.

craic_fox
01.16.2013 , 08:33 PM | #2029
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
This, is the best solution I can see. Merge into Dalborra or accept a transfer elsewhere.

The main thing I want to see is choice. I've already been on Dalborra, I don't want to return. We have a number of people in our guild who are of the same mind.
I'm not in your guild and I am of the same mind. I do not want GD to merge with Dal or MD; I have no complaints if MD and Dal merge.

KingHunyadi
01.16.2013 , 08:37 PM | #2030
The best solution is to allow free server transfers for APAC players to whatever server they want to go on.

Additionally, this needs to be a priority and not a complete and total stuffup like the last set of server transfers were.