Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gnomesolo
01.16.2013 , 05:37 PM | #1981
Force all people from oceanic area on US servers back to oceanic servers and then region lock them

legilian
01.16.2013 , 05:38 PM | #1982
my vote goes for a merge of servers i think thats best for all i play on the pvp server and dont mind in the least going to a pve server for more player base. Please listen to your players and do whats best for all thanks just my opinion hopefully more will put there voice to what they would like to see done

TriMastering
01.16.2013 , 05:39 PM | #1983
What about letting PVP and Group finder Queues be merged across the APAC servers?

Alternatively I'd be happy with a merge of all 3 servers. PVP, which I love is getting really tough as half of the day there are no matches going, and then for 2 hours when I get home there is usually 1 match and if you happen to face a premade you lose every game in a row. Would be nice to face a wider variety of enemies.

Roalmo
01.16.2013 , 05:40 PM | #1984
Quote: Originally Posted by Gnomesolo View Post
Force all people from oceanic area on US servers back to oceanic servers and then region lock them
sorry, but there are some who play on US servers(west coast), due to lower lag and/or due to time of playing(see a guy on 2nd shift playing alone on aussie servers or on full us servers? which would you rather be?).

Roastmouse
01.16.2013 , 05:42 PM | #1985
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoswielder View Post
There is never any solution that keeps everyone happy, but it looks as if every person on Master D is in favour of either a merge of all 3 servers or transfers to the PvE server. We will gladly give up the world PvP to have a high population.

I believe the best course of action is to merge all 3 (or just the PvE and PvP if the RP do not want it) and allow free transfers to this designated server from the US servers. This would allow everyone that's re-rolled on the Bastion and Harbinger to bring their characters back into their high level Legacy, and I believe this would bring most people back to the APAC scene.

I can't speak for people on the RP and PvE servers, but all I ever see in General Chat on Master D is people calling out for a server merge.
Agree wholeheartedly to this. At this point many if not most of us pvp'ers on the master Darnala server wouldn't mind sacrificing world pvp just for a bigger population. I don't see many of us complaining if the APAC servers were to be merged into a PvE-RP super server.

Thornsbane
01.16.2013 , 05:47 PM | #1986
Aweome, thanks for getting back to us. I play on Master D.

I think merging all 3 servers into one PvE server is the obvious and most popular option. It seems to be what I hear most on Master D. Everyone in my guild says they refuse to play on USA latency, myself included. Local servers has been a big pull with this game, so shutting down the servers seems crazy to me.

Now even on Master D I have seen an increase in activity lately.....ie, 60+ people in peak times, but that really still isnt many and I think people suffer who play in non-peak times so not doing anything probably is not a viable choice. I recently leveled an alt when f2p kicked in to see what it was like, and only got one Flashpoint pop through groupfinder while leveling to 50th.

So yeah, I reckon merge all 3......there is no world pvp happening on Master D anyway so its no big deal giving it up. One big super server would be exciting for all involved, including new players, which is what we want. Curious to see others thoughts.

Stavroz
01.16.2013 , 05:47 PM | #1987
Transfers over merger.

End of the day if you want to transfer to another Aussie server you can do it with a transfer where a merger forces you into a server.
For PvP I don't see a merged Aussie server being sustainable for more then a couple more months. At best there are only 2 50+ wz running on the PvE server so all the players on MDN that think a merger with the other 2 aussie servers is going to magically solve all there quing issues are kidding themselves.

Give us transfers so i can transfer to a healthey pop server like Bastion.

If you still want to transfer to one of the aussie servers then good luck to you but i am not going to be forced from one dead server to the next.
Quote: Originally Posted by Recon_Grim View Post
It's the talent in the concealment tree called "Clandestine QQ" that gives Backstab a 1/2% chance to instantly unsub the target, and a 50/100% chance to stunlock their entire computer.

PurpleCliff
01.16.2013 , 05:50 PM | #1988
Quote: Originally Posted by Roastmouse View Post
Agree wholeheartedly to this. At this point many if not most of us pvp'ers on the master Darnala server wouldn't mind sacrificing world pvp just for a bigger population. I don't see many of us complaining if the APAC servers were to be merged into a PvE-RP super server.
Agreed. World PvP is currently non-existent anyway.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Evgen
01.16.2013 , 05:52 PM | #1989
Thank you for the reply on this issue Joveth.

I can't see how asking for more input on a near 200 page thread is going to help anything, it seems like a stall tactic to be honest.

I can see only one option, as no one likes to be forced to do anything.

Open up free transfers to and from APAC servers. When then first round of transfers to APAC opened up, it was mentioned another round would happen, it never did. So There may be people on US/Euro servers that still want to move here. I can't imagine there would be enough to hurt any populations there. Not to mention those that left for larger pop server that may want to move alts back.

To let anyone who is on the fence get a better idea of what the status of the servers will be at any given point, there should be a page showing how many accounts and characters are scheduled to transfer to all APAC servers.

There should be 2 chances to move. One to let all those who know where they want to go transfer, and 1 to let those who didn't move 1st round react to the changes to their server. It would also give a second chance to those outside of APAC to move here once they had a better idea of how the server pop would work out.

Then if APAC is left with one unified server for the most part a server merger could be done.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

PurpleCliff
01.16.2013 , 05:52 PM | #1990
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
Aweome, thanks for getting back to us. I play on Master D.

I think merging all 3 servers into one PvE server is the obvious and most popular option. It seems to be what I hear most on Master D. Everyone in my guild says they refuse to play on USA latency, myself included. Local servers has been a big pull with this game, so shutting down the servers seems crazy to me.

Now even on Master D I have seen an increase in activity lately.....ie, 60+ people in peak times, but that really still isnt many and I think people suffer who play in non-peak times so not doing anything probably is not a viable choice. I recently leveled an alt when f2p kicked in to see what it was like, and only got one Flashpoint pop through groupfinder while leveling to 50th.

So yeah, I reckon merge all 3......there is no world pvp happening on Master D anyway so its no big deal giving it up. One big super server would be exciting for all involved, including new players, which is what we want. Curious to see others thoughts.
Quoted for good post with everything I have to say written by not me.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon