Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
01.16.2013 , 05:00 PM | #1971
Quote: Originally Posted by Esno View Post
This would be by far the easiest and best solution, then as stated b4 those that arent happy have option to move later when optional/paid transfers open up
Well since we didn't cause the problem, 1 free transfer after the merge would seem more appropriate.

But, who knows where this is going.

ZIMMOZMAN
01.16.2013 , 05:01 PM | #1972
Quote: Originally Posted by Antiskeptic View Post
The option I'm batting for, merge all 3 servers.
Yes this is the option that I'm sure 80% would agree. If people arn't happy give them transfers at the end of the year with the rest of the SWTOR player base. Being merged into one server will satisfy most players and bring people back playing on the american servers and who have unsubbed. I'm sure it will keep the people that want to leave to a US server busy enough till transfers are implemented.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD DISCUSSED AT A ADULT LEVEL, WRITE A SHORT PARAGRAPH WHAT OPTION YOU WANT AND A REASON WHY NO NEED FOR HATE WE WANT BIOWARE TO KEEP TALKING
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

Spiritinblack
01.16.2013 , 05:02 PM | #1973
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Well since we didn't cause the problem, 1 free transfer after the merge would seem more appropriate.

But, who knows where this is going.

For everything that has gone on.. and what you guys have been dealing with, I think more then one is applicable.

Three should be sufficient. That way you can try different servers.
I have been called a hater for voicing my opinion. So be it. But I would rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.

ZIMMOZMAN
01.16.2013 , 05:10 PM | #1974
Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritinblack View Post
Three should be sufficient. That way you can try different servers.
you know we have 3 servers right or is that about something else ?
Not meaning to troll just saying i didn't understand your post.

EDIT: your talking about transfers LOL not server my mistake
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

Dsan
01.16.2013 , 05:11 PM | #1975
I haven't read every post in this huge thread but what I'd like to see, in case it hasn't been suggested yet, is for free (manual) transfers from US servers onto APAC servers to be offered again for a limited time (like Bioware offered when the APAC servers initially launched) - I know a lot of Oceanic players that either missed the original transfer window or didn't want to transfer at the time for whatever reason (and so are still playing on US servers) that would LOVE another opportunity to move to the APAC servers.

They can offer that for 2/3/4 weeks to see if that helps to bolster the populations (a little) on the APAC servers - after that we can still look at server merges if populations still aren't to a comfortable level.

The only other solution that wouldn't involve players losing their character names (which some have had since launch) is to market the game more in the Oceanic region in order to simply get more players playing the game on the APAC servers...
Light side or dark side, Republic or Empire - they're all the same to me...
I go where the force leads...

Chaoswielder
01.16.2013 , 05:28 PM | #1976
There is never any solution that keeps everyone happy, but it looks as if every person on Master D is in favour of either a merge of all 3 servers or transfers to the PvE server. We will gladly give up the world PvP to have a high population.

I believe the best course of action is to merge all 3 (or just the PvE and PvP if the RP do not want it) and allow free transfers to this designated server from the US servers. This would allow everyone that's re-rolled on the Bastion and Harbinger to bring their characters back into their high level Legacy, and I believe this would bring most people back to the APAC scene.

I can't speak for people on the RP and PvE servers, but all I ever see in General Chat on Master D is people calling out for a server merge.
Unsubbed 09/01/13 awaiting an action for APAC players.[/center]

Obirayy
01.16.2013 , 05:30 PM | #1977
I'd also like to add that this isn't a free pass for people to get what they want. We are trying to solve the problem of a low APAC population. So if theres a merge;

-people requesting transfers should only be the people on a PVP server that can only transfer to another PVP server in US or EU
-PvE servers should not be allowed transfers because they should not have a problem staying on the APAC server because it looks like we will merge into a PvE server.

Dacce
01.16.2013 , 05:33 PM | #1978
To be brutally honest I don't think there is a one fix fits all scenario.

Unfortunately you are going to have to disappoint one of the groups. whether it be the PVP group, the RP group or the PVE group.

I don't think offering transfers to american servers is the answer. That might have been the answer if a server merge was a waste of time but it won't be.

Essentially, the populations at peak are roughly as follows.

Master Dar'Nala - 100 on Fleet
Dalborra - 150-160 on fleet.
Gav Daragon 140-150 on fleet.

Merging all 3 servers would in effect give APAC a super server just like the the US and EU have. you could possibly create an icon for RP'ers so that when you join a group with them, you know they are RP'ers and will only talk to you in character, not as the person driving it. I don't have an issue with RP'ers so I would just get on with it. Also, you could have an option within group finder to not group up with RP'ers, so that you don't have to sit through the cut scenes if you don't want to.

I think the PVP'ers will just flag on if they want world PVP. I don't think they will be the issue when it comes to a server merge. I think the hardest people to satisfy will be the RP'ers because they play the game in a completely different manner.

But I think it can work. PVP, PVE, RP servers all merged into one? Would be the perfect tonic to repair the ailing servers we are currently experiencing. Yes we have had improved numbers but its still just short on what we really need.

So 3 server merger is my vote.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

Antiskeptic
01.16.2013 , 05:34 PM | #1979
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
I'd also like to add that this isn't a free pass for people to get what they want. We are trying to solve the problem of a low APAC population. So if theres a merge;

-people requesting transfers should only be the people on a PVP server that can only transfer to another PVP server in US or EU
-PvE servers should not be allowed transfers because they should not have a problem staying on the APAC server because it looks like we will merge into a PvE server.
If they offer Transfers off the servers at the time of merge, which I already stated I think is a bad idea, they need to offer it to everyone, the few people that have been in opposition to a server merge, from the PVE server, have stated they don't wish to play with people from a PVP server as they believe we're the type of people to do anything to try and gank them. (Bias and a load of BS, but if you're offering transfers you need to do it for all.)

Edit: Again, just like to reinforce the fact that I think servers at the time of merge is a bad idea.
//

beekerdragon
01.16.2013 , 05:34 PM | #1980
I know you guys all want to come to the PVE servers but I propose a better solution. I am on a PVE server that is very full and it is hard to play because of all the new ftp people. I (and I know others) would be open to transfering the the APAC servers to get some relief. In all honesty you don't want to have to wait in que to log in and that is what we are doing at least 3-4 nights per week. If the powers that be would open a free transfer for US to APAC to alleviate the strain I bet that would be a better solution for everyone. We have been complaining here for overpopulation and there are three servers that could be utilized better.