Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
01.16.2013 , 04:08 PM | #1961
Quote: Originally Posted by Blitz-wing View Post
Server: Master DarĺNala (PVP)

Solution:
  • Merge Server to Dalborra (PVE)
Well, as long as you accept that you will then be completely on a PVE server and not a pvp server.

Roalmo
01.16.2013 , 04:11 PM | #1962
Quote: Originally Posted by brrr View Post
The option I want is the what Antiskeptic is proposing I believe he has it right on what most players will do.

First a forced merge of all 3 servers into an oceanic super server. Then a month after offer a 2 week window for transfers to US PvP or RP servers for those who are completely unhappy with the new arrangement. This will give the best chance for the communities to stay together and those who hate it completely can just leave.

And again I'll reiterate don't offer transfer to random servers as people will take them and it won't solve the population issues for the remaining players in Oceania. Trying to keep these communities together for the most part is best for all.
This is truly the best option, in my opinion only of course.

Obirayy
01.16.2013 , 04:13 PM | #1963
Quote: Originally Posted by Blitz-wing View Post
Server: Master DarĺNala (PVP)

Solution:
  • Merge Server to Dalborra (PVE)
Lol ok. To save repeated suggestions How about if we ask... Does anyone vote against this server merge? Knowing that there will also be transfers this year(as stated by bioware). Add extra suggestions onto your answer

Also chippy can you edit your first post with a short summary of the top suggestions

Horusrage
01.16.2013 , 04:17 PM | #1964
Simplest and most cost effective solution would be just to allow transfers to lower population US servers.
Reasons why:
- because the transfer system already does exist.
- once the oceanic servers are shut down you don't have to pay for them.

Although merging does have its advantages as most guilds can be kept intact. However this means your still paying for the cost of the oceanic servers.

At a personal choice I would prefer the merging of the oceanic servers I am just stating the alternative in a cogent argument.

Cayis
01.16.2013 , 04:19 PM | #1965
I'd be happy with a server merge

brrr
01.16.2013 , 04:31 PM | #1966
Quote: Originally Posted by Horusrage View Post
Simplest and most cost effective solution would be just to allow transfers to lower population US servers.
Reasons why:
- because the transfer system already does exist.
- once the oceanic servers are shut down you don't have to pay for them.
Can we please stop posting this, any option that involves losing my latency is the wrong option.

AIRCONGO
01.16.2013 , 04:42 PM | #1967
Merge all servers into one super server!

Edit: or merge Master Dar'Nala with Dalbora. So many players would return.
<Midian>
GÓllows / Myronreducto / Swolldaddy / Yolo'no-scoped
<Wrath of Xedrix>
Gall÷ws / FÓcebones / Swollows / Shackabrah

PurpleCliff
01.16.2013 , 04:52 PM | #1968
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.
Merge 3 servers into 1 (or 2).

It seems pretty clear that this is the #1 requested solution.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Esno
01.16.2013 , 04:57 PM | #1969
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
Merge 3 servers into 1 (or 2).

It seems pretty clear that this is the #1 requested solution.
This would be by far the easiest and best solution, then as stated b4 those that arent happy have option to move later when optional/paid transfers open up
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

Spiritinblack
01.16.2013 , 04:59 PM | #1970
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
Merge 3 servers into 1!
This is probably the only way it is going to work .....

Name changes are going to come up again. So everyone should be ready for that.

If they let these three servers have a choice to merge with existing ones, there is going to be a much bigger storm with name changes.

People on servers already had to change their names twice? now.... imagine if they had these three come there and people had to change names again. ( not saying it is right or wrong, just stating the outcome.)

Now if the APAC community that wants to transfer to us servers, and realize that the name they have will be gone, then that is something different.

This is something Eaware should have taken care of with the original server transfers. Now they are making a whole other mess......again.
I have been called a hater for voicing my opinion. So be it. But I would rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.