Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MouldyCrow
01.15.2013 , 03:24 AM | #1911
Guys here is a new tact: Go over to http://www.kotaku.com.au/contact/ or any other games site you reckon might help. I'm going to try contact PA next.

Link them to this thread and suggest they run the story on their front page. I've already done it, maybe if enough of us do they will give us some airtime and some exec from EA will see it and demand something be done to stop the bad publicity.

They are already getting a lot of flack with the "gay planet" doing the rounds.

Maybe the current management of SWTOR are aiming to be as notorious as their SWG forbears: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/08/25

AIRCONGO
01.15.2013 , 04:10 AM | #1912
Not much point, I've already emailed and linked this thread to sites etc and no one is biting. I got a CS response saying it'll only be dealt with in the suggestion box by a dev. Made a post there but keeps slipping off the main as no one is commenting on it so going unnoticed.

I'm unsubbing once feb hits. Not getting what I've payed for.
Gallows / Swolldaddy / Clint Beastwood

elitenz
01.15.2013 , 04:49 AM | #1913
Imagine bad PR from a press artical towards bioware pushing an entire community into the gutter while the Americans and Euros enjoy their time basking in paradise.

deltadt
01.15.2013 , 07:35 AM | #1914
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
Imagine bad PR from a press artical towards bioware pushing an entire community into the gutter while the Americans and Euros enjoy their time basking in paradise.
i was just thinking that if bioware shut down the APAC servers they would have to be insane. this game has had so much bad press that they would really want to not do anything that would bring more bad press to it.

odonoghuet
01.15.2013 , 08:22 AM | #1915
Bad press is all there is left.

They left us lagging here so long in silence that they have hurt the population further to where they will struggle to justify a merge, let alone keeping the APAC servers, to the bean counters. They had a market, they mismanaged the market, and the next step is close it down, blaming the lack of market.

This is why you have developer posts and PR, to not get in this mess. But they have obviously been told to be silent on the issue.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

orpheus
01.15.2013 , 06:04 PM | #1916
so whats the deal Bioware?

im sure we all know the deal....im just getting this off page 5

Cheezfriend
01.15.2013 , 06:55 PM | #1917
Now that reputation grinds are being introduced across your legacy we need transfers ASAP so we can have all our characters on one server.

Evgen
01.15.2013 , 07:57 PM | #1918
I think if we have a massive sit in on one of the US servers that would be news worthy
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

cuttothechase
01.15.2013 , 08:38 PM | #1919
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
Now that reputation grinds are being introduced across your legacy we need transfers ASAP so we can have all our characters on one server.
Oh god really?...rep grinds?...running the same repetetive dailies day in day out like wow? ...

Link me to this awfulness pls
Nerd

Obirayy
01.15.2013 , 08:52 PM | #1920
Not sure what's worse... Saying they'll do something about it but then taking forever to do it(eg; ranked warzones) or just ignoring us and not replying to acknowledge the problem
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>