Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ignicity
01.05.2013 , 03:35 AM | #1731
Still waiting for an official update

Chaoswielder
01.05.2013 , 04:56 AM | #1732
Quote: Originally Posted by SplatterPaw View Post
So, there will be a time in the future when no one will bump this thread up for a week. This will not be because no one cares anymore, but that the last disgruntled APAC player visiting the forums finally got their forum perma-ban.

In EAware's mind this event would fall under the following phrases:
"No news is good news"
"Silence is golden"

I can just imagine the following happening in the subsequent quarterly EA earnings call:
"Customer satisfaction for SWTOR has definitely improved. In fact I can report that we have not received any complaints in the forum from our Australian customers the past few weeks. Having achieved this outcome, we will now be implementing additional revenue options as our customers have accepted our current Cartel Market format."
Funny you should mention that, I've just heard from a few people on Master D that they have also been perma-banned from the forums. Looks like instead of answering the questions they will just keep banning people from this thread until it becomes silent.

BioWare you are so lucky we don't have the numbers USA does, otherwise you'd have a mass-unsubscribing on your hands. If you keep doing this I will go out of my way to stop people playing your game, in fact quite a few friends of mine were keen on playing and they no longer will be.
Unsubbed 09/01/13 awaiting an action for APAC players.[/center]

ckoneful
01.05.2013 , 05:46 AM | #1733
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoswielder View Post
Funny you should mention that, I've just heard from a few people on Master D that they have also been perma-banned from the forums. Looks like instead of answering the questions they will just keep banning people from this thread until it becomes silent.

BioWare you are so lucky we don't have the numbers USA does, otherwise you'd have a mass-unsubscribing on your hands. If you keep doing this I will go out of my way to stop people playing your game, in fact quite a few friends of mine were keen on playing and they no longer will be.
...But if you did have the numbers the USA does you wouldn't be having this issue and this thread wouldn't exist.

Also, the way APAC people tend to come off, outside this post, warrants forum bans. Too angry and abusive.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Chaoswielder
01.05.2013 , 05:49 AM | #1734
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Also, the way APAC people tend to come off, outside this post, warrants forum bans. Too angry and abusive.
Customers tend to get that way when they are treated like this (with the experience I've had in retail, I can tell you this is quite mild). As I recall the US were acting similar when their servers were dead - and they got a server merge. We pay the exact same subscription as the US and we do not get the services they are given.

Most recently Jeff Hickman has said in the State of the Game that the "servers are booming!" - this is the icing on the cake right here. It's basically showing that all their data is based off the US servers and that we aren't even part of the equation. Being ignored to this extent will turn the nicest person abusive.

Imagine if you had a problem with this game that was rendering it unplayable, and every time you tried to make a post on the forums the post was deleted by a customer service droid and unanswered. How would you honestly feel about that?
Unsubbed 09/01/13 awaiting an action for APAC players.[/center]

chewyonthis
01.05.2013 , 06:20 AM | #1735
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaoswielder View Post
Imagine if you had a problem with this game that was rendering it unplayable, and every time you tried to make a post on the forums the post was deleted by a customer service droid and unanswered. How would you honestly feel about that?
Wasting your breath mate,Yankies don't have an imagination.
Use the fork Luke not the spoon.

Ignicity
01.05.2013 , 07:46 AM | #1736
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
...But if you did have the numbers the USA does you wouldn't be having this issue and this thread wouldn't exist.

So, this guy took offense to my posts in another thread, so he decided to come here and tell us we're all wrong..

gg

OwenBrooks
01.05.2013 , 08:17 AM | #1737
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
So, this guy took offense to my posts in another thread, so he decided to come here and tell us we're all wrong..

gg
Nope I think he is telling it just as it is perceived. I do not see how he is telling you, you are wrong, just that some appear rude and abusive.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=581612&page=2

Blitz-wing
01.05.2013 , 10:19 AM | #1738
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Nope I think he is telling it just as it is perceived. I do not see how he is telling you, you are wrong, just that some appear rude and abusive.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=581612&page=2
why are you linking that thread? You like to just link threads are random? While it's on the same topic as this thread neither Ignicity nor ckoneful have posted in that thread.

Is it to show that we can be rude & abusive? Have you looked at any of the threads on topics that are affecting the NA/EU servers? Issues that are 1-2 old with no help from cs. We have been waiting for over 4 months! Being nice has gotten us nothing & nowhere.

OwenBrooks
01.05.2013 , 10:46 AM | #1739
Below is my response from the other thread and I am posting it here as it applies here as well.

Mate I think you miss my opinion on this, I do not believe that APAC will ever be left with one server.

I am sorry if you do not agree with my opinion but that is your perogitive as is mine not agreeing with yours, however I do not call what you post as BS and if it makes you feel better, calling me whatever names makes you feel better you are free too. At least you do admit you are rude and i sometimes wonder how the APAC community is getting viewed by the rest of the world. I have been in real life warzones and have a firm grasp on what is important in life and if you represent the best of the APAC community, then I am ashamed.

Blitz-wing
01.05.2013 , 02:28 PM | #1740
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Below is my response from the other thread and I am posting it here as it applies here as well.

Mate I think you miss my opinion on this, I do not believe that APAC will ever be left with one server.

I am sorry if you do not agree with my opinion but that is your perogitive as is mine not agreeing with yours, however I do not call what you post as BS and if it makes you feel better, calling me whatever names makes you feel better you are free too. At least you do admit you are rude and i sometimes wonder how the APAC community is getting viewed by the rest of the world. I have been in real life warzones and have a firm grasp on what is important in life and if you represent the best of the APAC community, then I am ashamed.
Seen & commented. You are consistently calling those with this opinion BS. Go back & look at your posts. Why are you happy with others having a sub-standard game play experience so that you can have a better one with low latency? If there needs to be 3 servers in APAC for it to continue (comment bioware?) then the APAC servers are going to be closing down. The PVP server won't last that much longer. Without a merge (transfers with still result with zero pop on Master D) there will be NO SUBS playing on Master D shortly after the expansion is released. If it takes till April, some 7-8 months for bioware to act on this game breaking issue then those few (bioware how many active sub are playing on PVP?) will be conceding defeat & keeping the cash for other activities.

If there are so many happy players on the APAC servers you need to get them to post on this thread. Show us that we are wrong. Prove that its not just a couple vocal trolls that are causing dissent.