Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

orpheus
01.02.2013 , 12:56 PM | #1671
from State of the Game #2:

Quote:
nothing

oh wait...

Quote:
As of the writing of this letter, we are in focused, internal testing on character copies for PTS. You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year. It will provide free character copies to PTS at any time (with possible restrictions dependent upon our testing needs at any given time). This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.

Pahomi
01.02.2013 , 01:34 PM | #1672
Wow, just...wow. I feel so sorry for you guys. So character transfers are planned for the second half of the year, probably towards the end. So you will be stuck on these servers for at least 9 more months probably. I remember how it was in spring 2012 when most servers were dead. I am now on a healthy EU server. I can't help but feel the APAC players have been forsaken. Mr. Hickman should have also worded his announcement more carefully as well, I mean i can't imagine how you guys felt when he said "the servers are rocking!".

orpheus
01.02.2013 , 01:35 PM | #1673
Quote: Originally Posted by Pahomi View Post
I mean i can't imagine how you guys felt when he said "the servers are rocking!".
like rubbing salt into an open wound

*sigh*

AIRCONGO
01.02.2013 , 04:38 PM | #1674
Think they've actually forgotten about our player base here. It's like when you're in the waiting bay at a McDonalds drive thru waiting for someone to come out that door with the goods. We will be waiting another year for someone at BW to come through that APAC door and respond...
Gallows / Swolldaddy / Clint Beastwood

Spiritinblack
01.02.2013 , 04:44 PM | #1675
What is most sad, is , they are going to make you pay for your transfer.

I know alot at this point probably don't care about that......

But I do not think anyone on these servers should have to pay for it.
I have been called a hater for voicing my opinion. So be it. But I would rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.

AIRCONGO
01.02.2013 , 05:00 PM | #1676
You know what they'll spin? I guarantee they'll say "we will wait to see how the expansion plays out with an influx of players, we will observe over a few days" which in reality will be early 2014 for an update.
Gallows / Swolldaddy / Clint Beastwood

Chaori
01.02.2013 , 06:24 PM | #1677
F*ck you BioWare you ignorant c*unts. I'm done trying.

forumname
01.02.2013 , 06:44 PM | #1678
Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritinblack View Post
What is most sad, is , they are going to make you pay for your transfer.

I know alot at this point probably don't care about that......

But I do not think anyone on these servers should have to pay for it.
In his defense, he hasn't worded that we will be paying for it, just that there will be a live character transfer.
However, for a team that believes that we will pay $15 for gear and re-colours of gear, I don't have high hopes that it will be free.

scullzomben
01.02.2013 , 07:11 PM | #1679
This is an absolute joke.

Esno
01.02.2013 , 08:12 PM | #1680
12 months down the track and they still prove we are the RED ZONE and the forgotten

FRACK THIS crap, "the servers are rocking!" is the bigest load of BS, they obviously skim past our 168 pages / 1680 posts sheesh

On Dalborra's starter planets are busier however endgame has not changed much since F2P went live (with current restrictions on F2P wont change endgame any time soon) not sure if other 2 have much of an increase at all.

Merge (transfer) of all 3 servers onto 1 existing or 1 APAC Mega Server (preferred) is still a major request which is still being ignored for 5 MONTHS now
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent