Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jarlgon
09.23.2012 , 12:12 AM | #141
my speed test, and I get around 35-60ms latency on Dalborra
Speed Test

Tojo_Hammer
09.23.2012 , 12:25 AM | #142
I'm not on an oceanic server but I support you all none the less. Good luck!
Tojo Havok
Iniquitous Agenda

Sgt_Hammer
09.23.2012 , 03:59 AM | #143
Great to hear that so many of us all want the same thing. Heres hoping they acutlly listen

zhedeyenite
09.23.2012 , 05:52 AM | #144
+1 for server merge, we need it asap, but not looking forward to getting pwned by midian again! Actually i'd just be happy to have a few teams to play ranked with.
Valorous/Ascent - Casual - Social OCEANIC Republic guild
Elkizrah/Elkizor
Seraphic Nexus - Imperial PVP OCEANIC guild
Elkivox

banlungx
09.23.2012 , 07:37 AM | #145
They need to merg or transfer us ASAP !! This cannot go on!!

darthnish
09.23.2012 , 10:06 AM | #146
Oceania UNITE, needs a dev update imo

Beinhart
09.23.2012 , 10:50 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Zennhorn View Post
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2196631007.png
I get bout the same speed but i pay $59/month, My ping in wow was always ~180 .. and even on the US server in SWTOR it was 190.... guess it just comes down to location.

I'm on Dalborra, population isn't dead but it has dwindled slightly I'm all for a merger get everyone onto a superserver and let the good times roll
Perth rep

TrueNovaZero
09.23.2012 , 03:11 PM | #148
We had a 50 PVP game going at 10 AM. Dalborra had 3 50 PVP games going on at the same time.

Dalborra had a 50 PVP game going at 2 AM. Myself and 3 others were the only ones on the Republic fleet.

(Gav Daragon -- and yes, I'm jealous.)

darthsasha
09.23.2012 , 04:45 PM | #149
+1 for server merges. It is very difficult to find a group for flashpoints nowdays, one month ago i could easily pug it. Yes the population has dropped significantly, and something must be done about it.
I hope it is not the end for the oceanic servers, because i enjoy playing with 30 ms ping instead of 180 ms )) Cya in-game
Darina En-Ki- lvl 50 sentinel
Master Dar'Nala

vian
09.23.2012 , 05:03 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.
Thanks for the update, Joveth; knowing our concerns have been heard is very reassuring. I'm just putting in my 2c(AUS) worth; it's commendable that you want APAC players to have a choice of servers and play styles, but if the server becomes a ghost-town, then (sorry to state the bleeding obvious here) they don't have that choice.

I love, love, love the ping rate on the APAC servers. I really appreciate that you took the trouble, and I value the improved quality of having local servers over any particular play style. If merging the servers is the best way to get a healthy rate of pops for WZs and the like, it may well be a better option than letting the poor PvPers languish in an empty fleet; after all, even on Gav Daragon, I see frequent WZ pops. There's not a lot of open world PvP that isn't event based and pre-organised anyhow, so I suspect it can be made to work.
Two blasters; no waiting!