Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wolvan
12.04.2012 , 03:28 AM | #1271
Just to add my voice to the chorus....

Our guild has been in GW2 for a number of months, but have tired of it....so we've headed back to Master Dar'Nala/Republic.

It is dead.

I've been following this thread for a long time, and have been shocked at the lack of attention from Bioware/EA in resolving this issue. F2P has not worked so please either give us free xfers (to anywhere) or consolidate the 3 APAC servers into one.

Nanglez
12.04.2012 , 03:43 AM | #1272
Quote: Originally Posted by Tezcatlapocca View Post
I'm from Dalborra ( got the free xfer there when the AU servers came out ) and had just subbed back to SWToR to find the pop nearly gone. But i'm not going to be making the same mistake with this one as i did in WAR.
I "will" be staying on an Oceanic server till the very end we need to support these servers even with numbers so low, many times we have been given servers ( local or just named ) and almost everytime ppl are quick to "jump ship".

It's sad to see yet another game where Oceanic players are gonna die out and the remainder are forced onto high traffic / ping servers just to keep playing. Lets hope we get an answer soon.....
I too will stay on Dalborra. I'd be very sad to lose my names, its the reason i transferred off the American server's to begin with back in April. But if they'd consolidate some of the population in to our server from the APAC region, that'd be nice.

DigitalShield
12.04.2012 , 03:48 AM | #1273
100% this, we need a super server I am happy playing in just a PVE server if it means I can enjoy Tatooine with more than 10 people.
Yay yay.

americanaussie
12.04.2012 , 04:24 AM | #1274
So I take it from the long thread still open that nothing has been fixed here?

Sad to hear it.

I've spent the last month away from the game, involved with other things, but I refused to unsub. However, the dead server is a killer for me and the free to play sucks. So it's either start fresh on another server or only take two of my characters allowed in ftp.

No thanks.

Dear Bioware, why haven't you don't anything to help us? It's been ages since Dar Nala died. It's painful to play.

Karasuko
12.04.2012 , 04:28 AM | #1275
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
So I take it from the long thread still open that nothing has been fixed here?

Sad to hear it.

I've spent the last month away from the game, involved with other things, but I refused to unsub. However, the dead server is a killer for me and the free to play sucks. So it's either start fresh on another server or only take two of my characters allowed in ftp.

No thanks.

Dear Bioware, why haven't you don't anything to help us? It's been ages since Dar Nala died. It's painful to play.
Recently Jef Hickman gave us a typically santitised response.
" we know your suffering but we ahve to wait till after F2P to asses the situation."

In otherwords sit there and pay us until we can be bothered .

Aebrynis
12.04.2012 , 04:42 AM | #1276
EA seriously needs to implement group finder in a cross-server capacity, at the very least. Warzones, Operations, and Flashpoints could so easily be removed as a point of dissatisfaction among the player base, most especially on APAC, if they did this. Granted, premades would still be somewhat of an issue, as would on-planet Heroic missions, but the entire player base would benefit from cross-server ability. I know I could live without on-planet Heroics if I had to, provided I could get all the other stuff mentioned.

It's still disconcerting to see Gav Daragon as the only 'Standard' APAC server (with the others at 'Low'), then logging in to find less than 20 people in the Imperial Fleet. I would like to know what benchmark is used for that when I can log into a 'Standard'-rated West Coast server and easily find four times that number.

eventidephoenix
12.04.2012 , 01:06 PM | #1277
all they need to do is to merge all 3 servers and population will at least see some health

Now we'll just sit and wait as the other two withers and dies... Dalborra still has somewhat okay-ish but not ideal population

americanaussie
12.04.2012 , 10:40 PM | #1278
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Recently Jef Hickman gave us a typically santitised response.
" we know your suffering but we ahve to wait till after F2P to asses the situation."

In otherwords sit there and pay us until we can be bothered .
very true.

Koios
12.05.2012 , 12:05 AM | #1279
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
very true.
Agreed, this is just pathetic.
Squadron 238 - β tester

Silvers
12.05.2012 , 01:25 AM | #1280
Quote: Originally Posted by Tezcatlapocca View Post
I'm from Dalborra ( got the free xfer there when the AU servers came out ) and had just subbed back to SWToR to find the pop nearly gone. But i'm not going to be making the same mistake with this one as i did in WAR.
I "will" be staying on an Oceanic server till the very end we need to support these servers even with numbers so low, many times we have been given servers ( local or just named ) and almost everytime ppl are quick to "jump ship".

It's sad to see yet another game where Oceanic players are gonna die out and the remainder are forced onto high traffic / ping servers just to keep playing. Lets hope we get an answer soon.....
I'm the GM of Valorous and we've been recruiting. There are actually quite a lot of people leveling through the lower level planets. We've recently recruited players new to swtor who probably dont look at these forums. They're leveling and enjoying the journey. Lets stick around so that when they get to 50 there's a community to be a part of.

We do not plan to move to a US based server, we will stay and support the oceanic community on Dalborra. We want to keep the good ping. Stick around!

While saying this I still think EA need to do something like cross server queues for group finder for both pve and pvp. We do need some attention from EA.
The Older Gamers
TOG Website TOROZ website